Early/Late Magic Hours

Muscateer

Dis Veteran
I presume the morning hour is for early risers and the late hours are for the nightowls. Is this for all rides in the park or just certain rides? Do the late hours say for example in Magic Kingdom start after Wishes?

Morning magic hours start an hour before official park opening, which in regular season is usually 9 am, so morning EMH runs from 8 am to 9 am.

Evening magic hours run for 3 hours after park closing. So for example, if MK closes at 9 pm and has pm EMH, it would be from 9 pm to midnight. The times vary greatly at DHS and MK with evening EMH depending on the season and the official closing time. In the busy months MK has EMH until 3 am on the nights they run it in this park and yes, it usually starts after Wishes as that normally signals the end of the evening.

Hope this helps but feel free to ask if I haven't answered all your questions

We generally do the late magic hours so that we can relax during the day at the pool or shopping, then head over to the park around 5pm, check in for our dining reservation then enjoy the rides.

Morning magic hours start an hour before official park opening, which in regular season is usually 9 am, so morning EMH runs from 8 am to 9 am.

Evening magic hours run for 3 hours after park closing. So for example, if MK closes at 9 pm and has pm EMH, it would be from 9 pm to midnight. The times vary greatly at DHS and MK with evening EMH depending on the season and the official closing time. In the busy months MK has EMH until 3 am on the nights they run it in this park and yes, it usually starts after Wishes as that normally signals the end of the evening.

Hope this helps but feel free to ask if I haven't answered all your questions

Thank you, now to plan my days and late nights, its so long ago that I stayed onsite I am not even sure there were EMH then. :rolleyes1

We generally do the late magic hours so that we can relax during the day at the pool or shopping, then head over to the park around 5pm, check in for our dining reservation then enjoy the rides.

Sounds like a good plan thanks :thumbsup2

Sounds like a good plan thanks :thumbsup2

It is a good approach if you prefer staying up late to being up early in the morning. But be aware, unless you go to a park where the EMH are running very late and stick it out to the end, you may be surprised to find that you achieve a lot more in one hour in the morning than you do in 3 in the evening. It depends why you want to go. If you want to hit all the rides, the morning is pretty much guaranteed to get you a good result. The late ones can also be very productive but it is a bit hit and miss and you do need to stick it out to the very end a lot of the time. We found that arriving once EMH had already started at night if MK was open to 3 am was much better. It takes at least an hour or so for day guests to filter out of the lines and exit the park.

We found last year that EMH at MK was absolutely packed, massive queues for everything. Maybe it would have got better if we had stuck it out till the early hours but it didnt seem worth it.

DHS isn't very good for EMH in the evening as only 3 rides are open, or at least that's all that was open when I was there, so the queues were huge.

DHS isn't very good for EMH in the evening as only 3 rides are open, or at least that's all that was open when I was there, so the queues were huge.

With DHS magic hours in the evening, we only go for the shows and the Animaton Academy. That way we don't get frustrated because as you so rightly point out, the lines don't abate at all during the evening there.

It is a good approach if you prefer staying up late to being up early in the morning. But be aware, unless you go to a park where the EMH are running very late and stick it out to the end, you may be surprised to find that you achieve a lot more in one hour in the morning than you do in 3 in the evening. It depends why you want to go. If you want to hit all the rides, the morning is pretty much guaranteed to get you a good result. The late ones can also be very productive but it is a bit hit and miss and you do need to stick it out to the very end a lot of the time. We found that arriving once EMH had already started at night if MK was open to 3 am was much better. It takes at least an hour or so for day guests to filter out of the lines and exit the park.

We go with a plan of exactly what we want to go on and generally we always acheive this.

We did the later hours at MK last year for the first time and really enjoyed it.

I thought it would be alot busier than it actually was, as some people had said it can get really packed but we literally waited max 15min for every ride we went onto.

Maybe we just caught a lucky night but would def do it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter