Early February at Disney World

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
I am thinking about going to Disney World February 1-5. I know weekends are busier than during the weeks at any point in the year. I'm seeing very conflicting reports from Touringplans.com and easywdw.com crowd calendars. How is it really? I am looking for a break from the 8 and 9's of July and the room rates seem very reasonable that time of year.

We went last year at that time, with fast passes never waited more than 10 minutes. It was a great time to go!

even on weekends or was that just during the week?

That was during the week....I think weekends (in general) pick up significantly. I know that was the case for us last August/early september....the week was absolutely dead and then Saturday morning came and was crazy! I was in "vacation mode" and didn't realize for a second what was going on! lol But ya, it was the weekend that made the difference IMHO.

Have fun! We're going a couple weeks before so here's to nice sunny weather for us both!!!:thumbsup2

I know that feb. 3rd will be dead in the parks, as it's the Superbowl.

In our experience, the super bowl had no affect on the crowds. Besides, kickoff isn't usually until 6:30pm.

But in general that time of year is awesome, even weekends.

In our experience, the super bowl had no affect on the crowds. Besides, kickoff isn't usually until 6:30pm.

But in general that time of year is awesome, even weekends.

I fully concur, we went one time and I was planning on a Super Bowl lull, I was wrong. Only problem with early Fed is that the weather here can vary so wildly that time of the year. It was either this past Feb or the year before that the weather was near perfect but a CM told me that just two days before we got there it barely got above 40 degrees during the middle of the day....you ain't lived until you walk around the open areas of Epcot with strong wind and cold temps :eek:

We have been to the world twice in early February and the crowd levels have always been great. It does get a little busier on the weekend but not too bad. I was there Superbowl Sunday both times and didn't find it had any impact on crowds at all.

The weather can be touchy at that time though. In 2006 most days were capris and a light jacket for the evenings except 1 day where you needed a jacket all day. But I 2010 we wore capris the first day and then the weather got colder daily until our departure day when it was so cold we were wearing our hats and mitts. My husband laughed that "Disney really does think of everything, they are even re-climatizing us to our Canadian winter before we leave".

January (after the holiday) and early February are some of the slowest times at WDW. Crowd levels will be low and the weather is usually pretty nice - at least for those of us escaping winter up north. :beach:

I was there 2 years ago the 1st week in February.... crowds were light, weather was perfect, and I missed the biggest blizzard Chicago has seen in years! It was fantastic :)

We were there this year Feb 4-11 and it was great! Crowds were fairly low (I want to say it was about 35K when 80K is max, IIRC) and the weather was pleasant. No change for Superbowl though, that's not until the evening.

We are going Feb 11-16 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniv.
Hopefully the crowds are low, and the weather better than Feb in Chicago, ::yes::

The first weekend in February is a huge dance competition held at ESPN and sometimes at DHS on the Indiana Jones Stage. It really doesn't effect crowds that much but don't book All stars (movies are okay but not Sports or Music).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter