Early Fall 2017 Room Only Discount ?

Starwind

DIS Veteran
Since Google last night showed up the WDW page for the Fall 2017 Free Dining promotion (though the page itself has Goofy and "Special offer not available", I decided to do some looking for the room discount for fall 2017, and found the following:

Google search:
disney world "room discount" 2017 site:.go.com

Hit:

Save Up to 25% on Resort Hotel Rooms | Walt Disney World Resort ...
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/vacation-room/
With this offer, you can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in Florida. Offer valid for stays most nights from 8/1/17 through 10/7/17.

Note that following the link gets you Goofy again.

I assume 8/1/17 refers to August 1, 2017 and 10/7/17 refers to October 7, 2017. **Hopefully someone can validate this.

As Free Dining did not actually drop this morning, not sure when this one will; Google's cache was taken 13 April.

SW

Last edited:
My dates are in late October. Looks like I will be waiting a little longer for RO discount.

A little but more info to add:

Google's cache lets one look at the source code Google captured. I did this, and many of the internal links are pulling from what looks like WDW's Canadian media. Not sure if that is because I am in Canada, because the "offer" is for Canadians, or what.

Perhaps someone who is in the US could pull the Google cache and see what the source looks like ?

In particular, you are looking for things like this:

"https:\/\/secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com\/media\/pep\/live"

Note the "cdn1" in the URL.... other references in the source have cdn3 and other variations.

ETA: Ok, I pulled it in a different browser coming in from a US IP address and got the same thing. No idea if there is any significance or not.
SW

Thanks for posting this. I always am looking for the room discounts rather than the FD.

We are checking in Oct 1 - so it looks like we will likely miss FD by one day! Hopefully we can snag a room discount! Silly question - we've never been able to get a RO before, am I assuming correctly that if we do a RO we CANNOT add on the dinning plan? Does that have any affect on ADRs already booked?

We are checking in Oct 1 - so it looks like we will likely miss FD by one day! Hopefully we can snag a room discount! Silly question - we've never been able to get a RO before, am I assuming correctly that if we do a RO we CANNOT add on the dinning plan? Does that have any affect on ADRs already booked?
I think you can still pay for the dining plan even if you have a room only discount. If you don't get a ticket package though there could be issues (some people have said you can use a TA and they will be able to get you dining plan without a ticket package, but the Disney website says no).

Following!:) We really want POR in November and that usually doesn't become available for FD so looking for a RO hopefully! We are already booked in a Standard at POR and we did a RO reservation and called and added the DP plan. You can add a DP to a RO reservation but you have to call to do this. We bought our tickets later and linked them to our reservation. Last year RO discounts came out in 2 waves. We had to wait until late summer for RO discount for November and the discounts were lower 10-20%. I hope they release it all at once this year and the RO discount is better for November!:yay:

I think you can still pay for the dining plan even if you have a room only discount. If you don't get a ticket package though there could be issues (some people have said you can use a TA and they will be able to get you dining plan without a ticket package, but the Disney website says no).

Oh interesting... right now we have a package with room, tickets, and DP. I had no idea it would be possible to do the DP without it all bundled together... any clue on how to do this?

A split stay may be an option for you as well...

ADRs are independent of your reservation (except that your reservation affects how many days you can book at 180 days out; but once you have the reservations they are separate from the reservation itself).

SW

A split stay may be an option for you as well...

ADRs are independent of your reservation (except that your reservation affects how many days you can book at 180 days out; but once you have the reservations they are separate from the reservation itself).

SW

Split stay probably isn't in the cards for us - this will be our first and probably only stay at Contemp - we've had to save for 2 years to be able to do it, so I don't think we will want to loose any time there. Hoping we can make a discount work, otherwise we will just deal without it :) Good to know we won't loose ADRs. I'm hoping we can keep the dinning plan with the RO discount...

Split stay probably isn't in the cards for us - this will be our first and probably only stay at Contemp - we've had to save for 2 years to be able to do it, so I don't think we will want to loose any time there. Hoping we can make a discount work, otherwise we will just deal without it :) Good to know we won't loose ADRs. I'm hoping we can keep the dinning plan with the RO discount...

You could do a split at Contemporary. First night RO, remaining FD if that is how the dates line up.

SW

pure speculation, I know, but...based on past years, and lucky guesses, can anyone of you very knowledgeable people please venture to guess for me as to which deluxe resorts might be included in this (or any possible Fall) discount offer? All of them? Only a few of them? Villas? TIA

pure speculation, I know, but...based on past years, and lucky guesses, can anyone of you very knowledgeable people please venture to guess for me as to which deluxe resorts might be included in this (or any possible Fall) discount offer? All of them? Only a few of them? Villas? TIA

PURE SPECULATION:

Likely similar to the current summer promotions:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-incentive-room-package/
"Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort - The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows"

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/summertime-rooms/
"Offer excludes the following room types: campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort –The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows."

(IME these are the standard room exclusions for RO offers; it is possible they would add some additional ones to that list)

Now, AVAILABILITY at any given resort is always the challenge: both for given dates at a particular resort as well as what categories of room at any given resort for any given date.

When we booked the RO offer for our December 2015 stay for example, there were few rooms available at the resort we wanted, AND only certain categories (fortunately including the category we wanted) even though the hotel itself had availability at rack rate for more categories. Also, weeks after the offer launched more rooms were added to the group of rooms eligible for the offer.

Disney allocates a certain number of rooms, in certain categor(ies), on certain dates, at specific resorts to be available for the offer.

Also, note that the % off will usually change between certain dates within the overall offer period, between resort categories, and between resorts within a given resort category. See the current summer offers for an idea of what that can mean.

SW

oh yea! This is good news since the FD sounds like it wont be very good for those of us staying at moderates.

Last edited:
I am really hoping for some mid-October dates in this room only offer! last year it went until nov 5, so I wonder why this year is it rumored to go until oct 7?

Question - for those of you on the FD board as well, I'm sorry about asking again, but I don't want to hijack that thread. I already have a package booked that includes tickets and dinning. Would I be able to modify that reservation to a RO discount? Or do I have to cancel and book a RO reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter