• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

early entry?

early entry or not

• go to early entry and switch to another park midday

• skip early entry altogether

Results are only viewable after voting.

irene2

Earning My Ears
I have read several posts in the past that said utilizing early entry when you are staying at a Disney resort is not worth it because it gets so crowded so early. I have also read that it's not a bad idea to go for a few hours and then switch parks. I am wondering which would be the better option. Should we use the early entry and then switch parks midday or should we just go to another park altogether instead of wasting time in transit.

IMHO is depends on which park it is. For us early entry is great at MK, we can ride the rides we like and be gone by lunch time.

But we don't do early entry at Epcot.

Good luck with your decision.

Ty

We've only ever done EE at MK, and yes, there it was wonderful. Got so many rides done before the crowds hit. ::yes::

We were at WDW last week and we did EE one day (MGM). It worked out ok because we only stayed for that hour. DH and SIL did ToT and RnRC, I took the kids to Muppets 3-D. (It took them that whole hour to do those 2 rides.) It seemed like the crowds were about the same as they were during opening at the non-EE parks. The good thing was that we gained that extra hour, but then had to take time to get to Animal Kingdom. If we were to go again at this time of year, we would just go to a non-EE park at opening. The oddest thing is that everyone seems to rush to the EE park even after the EE hour is done. Taking a look at the shuttle lines at POP, it seemed that nobody understood the EE concept!! :confused:

IMHO Early Entry is a waste of time during the busy season as soooo many people use it. In the off season I use it for MK and MGM only. Never at Epcot or AK.

We just got back and the only EE we did was MGM this past Tuesday. It was actually about 8:45 when we got there. It seemed to get very crowded very quickly. We did FP for ToT and Millionaire, saw the animation and One Man's Dream shows and then got out of there. The other days we were at non-EE parks and the crowds did not seem nearly as bad - even at MK

Some people recommend the day after strategy, go to the park the day after EE. That is what we are planning this July. Anybody ever try this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We skip EMH. No way could I get my family up and to a park that early, lol. But we normally go in the of season so even if we get to the park at 10 or 10:30, with no lines, we dont have a problem seeing and doing what we want.

Thanks everybody for your responses. I was wondering if those of ya'll (can you tell I'm from the south) who voted to skip the parks altogether, if that was based on this years crowds or last years crowds.

we always go in unbusy times of the year so it never is that bad...love ee though cause you still can get a jump on some of the rides you might have to wait a few mins. for. the only time it has been worthless was at ak on marathon day..nothing was open but the safari and i think ttbab which left us 30 mins with nothing to do but get lost in the crazy maze of closed paths due to the marathon...waste of time for that one.

We do EE even during the crowded times at DW but only at MK and MGM. Never at Epcot or AK although we did many years ago when we first started coming to Disney. My famliy would revolt if I tried to do it for every park. ::yes:: :teeth:

I made the mistake of doing EE almost every day last July. We got on a lot of rides but I felt like the gestapo trying to get everyone up every morning. This year, we are only doing two - Epcot and MGM. I might do an EE at MK. We do get on alot of rides in the morning but it gets so crowded. I always say I'll hop to another park but I never do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter