• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry with Disney Room Key

mika911

DIS Veteran
Is it correct everyone participating in hotel early entry to a park must have their own hotel key? Do they print the names on the keys or is it ok to mix them up after getting in? Also does everyone have to be present at check in at the hotel to get a key, or will they issue them all to me? Thanks so much!

Yes, own key and yes, they print the names. Last time I checked in I got all of our room keys issued with only me being present.

Can I piggy back on this? We are switching to Disneyland Hotel in the morning, I know I can "check-in" as early as 6am (I know our room won't be ready), are we able to use the EMH still? Thanks:):)

My last two stays at GCH, they now only print the name of the primary reservation holder on all of the keys, even when there are other adults in the room. So yes the keys are interchangeable.

Can I piggy back on this? We are switching to Disneyland Hotel in the morning, I know I can "check-in" as early as 6am (I know our room won't be ready), are we able to use the EMH still? Thanks:):)
We were just there this weekend. We checked in at 5:30am and our room was ready.! Great way to start our magical day. Went back for a nap at 11am 😀.

We were just there this weekend. We checked in at 5:30am and our room was ready.! Great way to start our magical day. Went back for a nap at 11am 😀.

We are going to be switching hotels and checking into the Disneyland Hotel early as well - it is nice to know that you do not have to wait right until 6AM to check in, even though of course I am fully expecting we won't have a room until later in the afternoon. Perhaps I guess it depends on how busy they are and if there are rooms that were simply not occupied the night prior.

They print names on keys? That seems wasteful for a company that now uses paper straws, won’t give you a lid for your large drink, and charges you if you lose your AP because of plastic use.

They print names on keys? That seems wasteful for a company that now uses paper straws, won’t give you a lid for your large drink, and charges you if you lose your AP because of plastic use.

The keys have the dates of your stay printed on them as well, so the CMs are somewhat easily able to check to make sure they’re valid for EMH that particular day. With that in mind, there’s really no way for them to recycle keys.

In all our onsite stays, we’ve also never been asked for a key for each member of our party when checking in for EMH. YMMV....

Right? And the $8 bottles of coke and water bottles in swge......

Environmental hypocrisy is everywhere. It drives me nuts.

Right? And the $8 bottles of coke and water bottles in swge......

Environmental hypocrisy is everywhere. It drives me nuts.

Bottels are recyclable and and Disney does indeed sort recycling out of trash.

Straws and lids are NOT recyclable and wind up in landfill vs being abel to drink from a cup like a big kid.

I applaud their leadership on starting to change the paradigm of consumer selfishness.

Customized room keys are more than just access to hotel doors, they are also how resort guests accesses many of their resort benefits and often double as souvenirs rather then being a purely disposable product.

Yup they only print the primary guest name on all the cards. So please take advantage!

Standard practice at hotels (at least in California I know) that you do not have to return your card key anyways. A convention I work for has special key cards printed for the con hotels and we're around 30k attendees now? The hotels definitely do not want those key cards back.

You can request a lid, by the way. I have seen some locations claim they don't have them anymore, but they do. I wish they'd invest in better straws, though. I've seen great plant based straws.

That fee for a lost AP isn't for the plastic waste. It's because it's a fee they can charge you (it is Disney) and they've charged it for awhile. In fact I remember a couple local theme parks to me in NorCal always had a replacement fee if I lost my season pass. That convention I mentioned also charges a fee to replace a lost badge.

If you have a police report of a stolen wallet or another theft, I believe you can get the Disney AP replacement fee waived.

being abel to drink from a cup like a big kid.

This comment is highly inappropriate and is disregarding of people who need lids and straws for medical reasons.

Yup they only print the primary guest name on all the cards. So please take advantage!

Both my husband and I have our names printed on our respective keys. Perhaps they only print adult's names?

Also, both my husband and I are asked to present our keys for EMH.

Both my husband and I have our names printed on our respective keys. Perhaps they only print adult's names?

Also, both my husband and I are asked to present our keys for EMH.
The last time I had our individual names printed was in 2018. All other times they have only printed the main guests name on all keys. I have been told that i only need a key for adults by hotel staff but asked for key for all members at the gate. So I always make sure to get a key for everyone.

The last time I had our individual names printed was in 2018. All other times they have only printed the main guests name on all keys. I have been told that i only need a key for adults by hotel staff but asked for key for all members at the gate. So I always make sure to get a key for everyone.

I swear we both had our names printed in 2019, but perhaps I'm confusing it with an earlier time!

But we're always both asked for our keys to enter during EMH. We do not have kids, so I can't speak to if the younger folks are asked too. :)

Since 2018, they only print the primary name on the keys. We have gone when they have asked for 1 key for a family, and also keys for each person, including all kids. Last trip, on a Sat EMH to Disneyland, everyone had to show a key. I'm assuming due to Rise, they have gotten even more strict with making sure all entering the MM line has the appropriate keys.

When we were there in June they only gave us however many key cards we needed and they only had my name on it (since I booked the hotel). we ended up getting key cards for everyone since we have teens but they only looked at one of our key cards each day. This was a change from us all needing our own every time before that.
Also, yes the day you check in you can go early and check in to get in the parks early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter