• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early entry to DCA???

Ohana 4

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard of going to the GCH entrance into DCA before the park opens and going on a "tour" of Soaring over California and getting to ride the ride before the park opens? If this sounds familiar, can you give me the details?

Any other really cool special bonuses for staying at GCH?

Thanks!

WOW, I have heard that they open the park at 0930 or so and the only ride open is "Soarin", but nothing like you described. It will be interesting to hear the answers.

Jack pirate:

We were given conflicting opening times for DCA last summer when we were staying at GC. So we showed up early at the private entrance. Sure enough, someone came and too us and about 5 other families for a private ride of Soarin' before DCA opened. It was the only thing "open" but really we just rode it once and then got in line again, beating people who came in from the front entrance. It was a small thing for Disney to do, but it made up feel really special. :cloud9:

mmmears said:
We were given conflicting opening times for DCA last summer when we were staying at GC. So we showed up early at the private entrance. Sure enough, someone came and too us and about 5 other families for a private ride of Soarin' before DCA opened. It was the only thing "open" but really we just rode it once and then got in line again, beating people who came in from the front entrance. It was a small thing for Disney to do, but it made up feel really special. :cloud9:

Do you have to set that up with guest services or just show up? And do you remember what time, or how long before the park opened?

We just showed up about a half hour or so before opening. No-one would tell us anything, like how to sign up. When we got there, a DL employee had a couple of families with him and went in early. We thought it was a paid tour or something, but then he asked us to join them. We ended up being about 5 families, and no-one was on a paid tour.

I had heard rumors about this, like you have, but couldn't get any concrete answers from GC or DCA employees directly. We just think of it as an extra perk -- we'll try for it again in a week when we are there, but it is not a guaranteed thing.

Good luck!

when you check in they will give you a sheet of paper that has "special events" listed. There are also guided walks through DCA, early bird appointments in Club Lui or Sephora etc.
A lot of information like this is shared in our trip reports! Great reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter