Early Entry Speculation

That has never been a DVC perk since they provide washer/dryer, dishwasher and usually a vacuum for them to use. If they went to daily, dues would increase substantially!
Gotcha! But you should even with DVC get some housekeeping you pay enough!!

I dont think they change the sheets, they just make the bed. You can get clean towels by calling down and asking to have more brought up as well. The trash was an issue in my parents room this last week, but they asked the housekeeper in the hallway to take care of it and she did. Frankly we were more disappointed that late checkout is not available than we were not having daily housekeeping, but then I take my shoes off when I enter the room anyway so I don't mind not having them vacuum. On shorter trips we've been known to just leave the tag on the door the entire trip since we don't need anything. I do hope it comes back for those who enjoy it though!

I dont think they change the sheets, they just make the bed. You can get clean towels by calling down and asking to have more brought up as well. The trash was an issue in my parents room this last week, but they asked the housekeeper in the hallway to take care of it and she did. Frankly we were more disappointed that late checkout is not available than we were not having daily housekeeping, but then I take my shoes off when I enter the room anyway so I don't mind not having them vacuum. On shorter trips we've been known to just leave the tag on the door the entire trip since we don't need anything. I do hope it comes back for those who enjoy it though!

I cannot stand for trash in the room. It does not take a lot to remove trash from a hotel room, set a bed, take dirty towels and replace them, run a vacuum and tidy up.

We usually are very clean and make it easy for housekeeping plus I leave a generous tip everyday for them. Disney needs to restore daily housekeeping.
When I pay a premium price for a room there, I expect service. Disney is using COVID to cut costs.

I cannot stand for trash in the room. It does not take a lot to remove trash from a hotel room, set a bed, take dirty towels and replace them, run a vacuum and tidy up.

We usually are very clean and make it easy for housekeeping plus I leave a generous tip everyday for them. Disney needs to restore daily housekeeping.
When I pay a premium price for a room there, I expect service. Disney is using COVID to cut costs.

Same, I have 4 housekeeping envelopes ready! I want my room to be serviced daily too.

Oh, since they are not cleaning the rooms and turning down the beds nightly, do they leave a bag of chocolate to cover the said nights they do not turn your beds down?

The no housekeeping rule isn't just Disney. We stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel this past week and were told they couldn't come in our room unless we had been there 5 days or longer. I had no idea until we got there. The biggest problem for us was the trash. Luckily, I had brought some trash bags. I did start to wonder if hotels would scale back service permanently. They must be saving a lot of money!

I don't know where the 5 day rule came from. We weren't quarantining on vacation and every day were were exposed to thousands of other people at the park!

The no housekeeping rule isn't just Disney. We stayed at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel this past week and were told they couldn't come in our room unless we had been there 5 days or longer. I had no idea until we got there. The biggest problem for us was the trash. Luckily, I had brought some trash bags. I did start to wonder if hotels would scale back service permanently. They must be saving a lot of money!

I don't know where the 5 day rule came from. We weren't quarantining on vacation and every day were were exposed to thousands of other people at the park!
Thanks for the info! 5 day rule? They made that rule up! It is disgraceful the housekeeping cuts that are occurring. Hotels need to provide daily housekeeping. Leaving trash to pile up is not sanitary. Trash leads to bugs and insects in the room. Damp towels create mold.

Oh, that is so sad. It is tiny treat after a nice day in the parks that reminds us why we love staying at the Grand. All these little things add up; MM/EE, coffee from the CGrill, etc. Chip them all away, and all you have is unhappy guests.
It is very sad. Disney is taking away the little things as well as daily housekeeping.

We had a DLH reservation, pre-COVID, that we had to postpone. As East Coasters who never get out to DL, we figured the Early Entry hours made it worth the upcharge. Now, with the loss of the Early Entry hours, we are saving about $2000 (would be $1000 for PPH) and heading to a Good Neighbor for the week after Labor Day. The loss of the Early Entry perk, as well as other on-property perks, just don't add up for us any more. And DLH will now be a construction zone, so there's that too. I understand a lot of it is due to COVID, but at the same time, it does seem like the trend of Disney upcharging and taking away value - which existed long before COVID. Like I said, it might be extreme, but we are making different choices with our dollars in response to choices Disney is making. Now, if they bring back MaxPass? Sign me UP lol

We had a DLH reservation, pre-COVID, that we had to postpone. As East Coasters who never get out to DL, we figured the Early Entry hours made it worth the upcharge. Now, with the loss of the Early Entry hours, we are saving about $2000 (would be $1000 for PPH) and heading to a Good Neighbor for the week after Labor Day. The loss of the Early Entry perk, as well as other on-property perks, just don't add up for us any more. And DLH will now be a construction zone, so there's that too. I understand a lot of it is due to COVID, but at the same time, it does seem like the trend of Disney upcharging and taking away value - which existed long before COVID. Like I said, it might be extreme, but we are making different choices with our dollars in response to choices Disney is making. Now, if they bring back MaxPass? Sign me UP lol
I totally agree. With no Early Entry hours the extra cost is not worth it. Those extra hours in the parks are so worth it! I would not stay onsite unless Early Entry and daily housekeeping return.
Disney is cutting back on amenities and benefits while charging more. Disney is using COVID to charge more and what they are doing is alienating formerly guests and people are now staying off site and saving the money.

Shoot. I was hoping they would be open by then. I like to support small business. I'm getting used to disappointment trying to figure out this family trip after 3 cancellations... like many of you, I know. :surfweb:
I called Candy Cane yesterday (we too are going in September) and they won't book any dates before 11/1. I am going to call again as the time gets closer but I am not optimistic.

Anyone know how EE/MM has coordinated with the Halloween Party in the past? If DCA has the Halloween Party on Tues/Thurs/Sat, for instance, has that been the same days DCA would have EE/MM or would DL normally have it on those days?

Anyone know how EE/MM has coordinated with the Halloween Party in the past? If DCA has the Halloween Party on Tues/Thurs/Sat, for instance, has that been the same days DCA would have EE/MM or would DL normally have it on those days?
Usually Early entry for DCA is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. DL is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I do not think the Halloween party dates changed early entry.
I doubt early entry dates would change if early entry comes back in 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter