• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early entry soft opening

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
We head out tomorrow with our first park day being Sunday 9/26. Just received this email!

We are so excited to welcome you for your upcoming stay!

Soon, Guests who stay in the magic at a Disney Resort hotel can enjoy 30 minutes early entry to any Walt Disney World® Theme Park every day as part of the dazzling Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration.

We’re excited to share that we will be offering a soft opening of this new benefit during your stay. Beginning September 26th, you will have the opportunity to enjoy 30 minutes early entry to any Walt Disney World Theme Park. That’s more time for enchantment at Magic Kingdom® Park. More excitement at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. More adventure at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. More possibilities at EPCOT®. It’s a great way to jump-start your Disney day, no matter the day!

Once you’ve arrived at the main entrance of your desired theme park, be sure to look for the “Early Entry for Participating Hotels” signage to enter the park.

A Park reservation and valid ticket or pass for the same Park on the same date and valid Resort ID are required.

(now if only they do a soft opening for Remy on the 28th we'll be golden!)

I am looking forward to seeing when the gates open. with 30 minutes extra will they open the gates even earlier now? I hope so lol

I'm very curious to find out how this is all going to operate. It would miserable to arrive 40 minutes before park opening, spend 20 minutes getting through security, find that the lines to the headliners are already extremely long, and then have the off-site guests let into the park long before you even get in a single ride!

I'm very curious to find out how this is all going to operate. It would miserable to arrive 40 minutes before park opening, spend 20 minutes getting through security, find that the lines to the headliners are already extremely long, and then have the off-site guests let into the park long before you even get in a single ride!
Same! I'm interested to see if the hold non-early entry back or if we should be arriving at the parks well before the 30 minutes time frame. I've never roped dropped. In my head, if i hear the park opens at 7:30, I'm planning to arrive at 7:30 - however, if we can get into the parks even sooner then i'm behind the curve.

Does anybody know that they're referring to when they say guests will have to show valid resort ID? I'm assuming this just means showing your resort reservation on MagicMobile, scanning your MB, or scanning your KTTW card (depending on what you're using). Am I right?

Same! I'm interested to see if the hold non-early entry back or if we should be arriving at the parks well before the 30 minutes time frame. I've never roped dropped. In my head, if i hear the park opens at 7:30, I'm planning to arrive at 7:30 - however, if we can get into the parks even sooner then i'm behind the curve.

I'm advising my clients that these soft opening are tricky. I make sure they know that Disney does these "previews" to iron out kinks before launch and that YMMV if you decide to participate. In short, what happens on the ground is often different than what is anticipated. SO I'm telling them that they might want to get there 45-60 minutes before Early Entry is supposed to begin next week (if they can), just in case.

Got the email this am too, we arrive on 9/27, crossing my fingers this helps us out as we are only doing 1ppd and no hoppers. Fingers crossed!

Interesting. We check into the Swan on the 26th. My reservation is originally for the Swan Reserve, and that is what still shows on MDE, so I hope that is good enough.

Hmmm...we are at the Double Tree in Disney Springs. Visiting MK on the 27th. This hotel shows it's included in the original Oct 1 opening. Hopefully we are included in the soft opening. I don't have the hotel in MyPlans, just my ticket, so I'm wondering how this would work.
Edit:
I just added the hotel stay to the Disney app, I didn't realize I could do this with a Disney Springs hotel. 😊 I think that should be what we need get in early on Monday!

Last edited:
Does anybody know that they're referring to when they say guests will have to show valid resort ID? I'm assuming this just means showing your resort reservation on MagicMobile, scanning your MB, or scanning your KTTW card (depending on what you're using). Am I right?

I would presume so. I think they may call it 'valid resort ID' because some non-Disney owned hotels (such as Shades of Green) are eligible for this, thus their eligibility wouldn't show up by scanning their magicband/room key/etc. When we accessed EMH before as a Shades of Green guest, we showed our Shades of Green resort ID at the park entry (morning EMH) or ride entry (evening EMH).

For AM EMH they would have CMs with Tablets screening Guests for eligibility before the Turnstiles.

They would usually only scan one MagicBand per "party".

Non-WDW Resort eligible Guests would show them their Resort ID.

Got the email too!! We arrive on Sunday. Hoping this makes standby only for ROTR a little bit better :)

For AM EMH they would have CMs with Tablets screening Guests for eligibility before the Turnstiles.

They would usually only scan one MagicBand per "party".

Non-WDW Resort eligible Guests would show them their Resort ID.

View attachment 607153

Right. But since not everyone has MB anymore, I'm assuming you could also pull up your res on MagicMobile if you have that. Or use your KTTW card, of course.

I'm still curious to see how this is going to work.

Some rides like Splash and Rise of the Resistance they struggle to get open when the park regularly open. Now with things opening even earlier odds are they won't be open early with the rest of the park as well.

I'm still curious to see how this is going to work.

Some rides like Splash and Rise of the Resistance they struggle to get open when the park regularly open. Now with things opening even earlier odds are they won't be open early with the rest of the park as well.

Splash is never open for early entry.

Right. But since not everyone has MB anymore, I'm assuming you could also pull up your res on MagicMobile if you have that. Or use your KTTW card, of course.
If you are staying on-site, whatever you will use for park-entry should also be able to indicate you have a resort reservation. MB, hard-plastic ticket, MagicMobile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter