• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry in the Fall

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DISers!

I think I read here before that come the fall only one park will have EE each day. Is that correct?
If so, if there a way to know ahead of time the schedule for EE? I have a plan in my head, but it requires US to have EE on my second day. I am wondering if I should create a Plan B.

You're staying onsite?

Here's my plan when staying onsite. Get up, be there for park opening (EE timing if going to that park (whichever park that is), normal timing if not). Have fun.

That's it.

And given our west-to-east travel, and the difficulty we have in getting up early, we're rarely there for park opening. And we still get in lots of rides and have fun.

Plan if you wish, but onsite at Uni doesn't really require thinking all that much. :)

Likely it will be IOA..that is what it has been most of this year when it wasn't both parks

For our October dates 14th - 23rd, touring plans is showing EE as I of A and 8am all trip. Universal opens at 8am anyway.

Thanks! I am staying at Royal Pacific.

We have only two days (sat 11/7 and sun 11/8) and Sunday will be cut short so we can catch a 7:05 flight. As of right now, the park times are listed as 9am-7pm. I'm trying to plan the best ways to hit the HP areas at the least crowded times (since EP doesn't help in those areas). I was planning on making EE on Sunday. I guess I can hit Hogsmeade during EE and then take the train over Diagon Ally at 9 am. No biggie.

I keep forgetting this is NOT Disney and the EP will help immensely.

Last edited:
We were there around that time last year and heading back Nov. 11 this year. The express passes are so fantastic. I'm a huge Harry Potter nerd. I mean, look at my profile pic. And we were able to tour both HP areas both days and pretty much cover both parks in a day thanks to the express passes. And then go back and do it a second day, too.

Hello DISers!

I think I read here before that come the fall only one park will have EE each day. Is that correct?
If so, if there a way to know ahead of time the schedule for EE? I have a plan in my head, but it requires US to have EE on my second day. I am wondering if I should create a Plan B.
According to your signature, you seem to be staying at the Royal Pacific. If that's the case, you have Express Passes for your stay. Therefore, the only plan you might want to have is to go to Harry Potter each day at park opening. Once that's out of the way, EP will take care of pretty much everything else.

the way I have it planned now, we will hit both HP areas on both days- on Saturday in the late afternoon/ evening until close. (I have to see everything at night!) and both on Sunday morning. The good thing is my daughter will be 10 and is not interested in the "kiddie stuff" except a few rides in Seuss, and she is not interested in spider-man, transformers, or mummy. It doesn't matter to me nor my hubby if we don't do those rides. Plus, Hulk will probably be closed and I think I saw somewhere Twister will be closed too, so we have even more time to spend in the HP areas!

Last edited:
I am going to take this thread in a different direction. My last trip to IoA was 2010 and my last trip to US was 1993. How big are the parks? Can you compare them to one of the Disney parks? My hubby is worried about walking and criss-crossing the parks (he has a bad back and legs). I want to assure him that he will be okay. We will be there after spending three days at Disney!

I am going to take this thread in a different direction. My last trip to IoA was 2010 and my last trip to US was 1993. How big are the parks? Can you compare them to one of the Disney parks? My hubby is worried about walking and criss-crossing the parks (he has a bad back and legs). I want to assure him that he will be okay. We will be there after spending three days at Disney!

Universal is 125 acres.
Islands of Adventure 110 acres.
MK is 142 acres.
Hollywood Studios is 154 acres.
Epcot is 300 acres
Animal Kingdom is 500 acres.

Wow!

I had no idea AK was that big!
I can't believe DHS is bigger than MK!

I think my hubby will be just fine!! :p

thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter