Early Entry Hours... So confused!

jamoka

Earning My Ears
So, we are going September 27, 28, 29.

I have looked online and can't find any Early entry hours posted. So, I called today and asked an employee... After MANY unrelated questions like... have you bought tickets yet, are you staying onsite... which hotel... have you stayed there before... etc. It was as if she was going to tell me, and then thought of another question.

Anyway --- She told me that only IOA will be open an hour early each day, specifically to get into the Harry Potter section (if I remember correctly, that is all that was open last time I went). I guess US doesn't have early entry right now? Well, they have a Harry Potter section too... I really don't get it.

Does anyone have any additional information?

Thanks!!!

ON HHN the studios has early entry only and then it is only for Harry Potter and I think Despicable me .On NON-HHN , IOA has early entry.At least that is what I was told

Ok - Im going to assume she said Studios and not IOA... Which is good because we want to hit the new HP section! Does anyone know why they don't make this public knowledge online? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Oh - and I do know that you have to stay on-site in certain hotels, but I don't know why she wouldn't just answer my question!

Thanks everyone!!!

Hi
We were there last week and it was Islands that opened at 8am every day. Last year , also in September it was Studios which opened so they look to mix it up occsionally.
Just to mention as well the train to Kings Cross which we were told did not start until 9 was running from 830 , so you can jump the Diagon Alley crowd a bit if quick on your toes. :)

I have no clue why this information is not on the website. It is an important piece of information for lots of planners.

Like said above, early admission is at the Studios during HHN nights and at IOA on non-HHN nights.

Universal Studios at 7 am:
September 24-27, October 1-4, 7-11, 14-18, 21-25, 28-31, November 1

IOA at 8 am:
September 28-30, October 5,6,12,13,19,20,26,27

I have no clue why this information is not on the website. It is an important piece of information for lots of planners.

Like said above, early admission is at the Studios during HHN nights and at IOA on non-HHN nights.

IOA at 8 am:
I was just there from the 21st through today. On the 22nd and 23rd, non HHN days, I had early entry at Studios.

I think that's why the info isn't posted online, they seem to change which park for various reasons.

I was just there from the 21st through today. On the 22nd and 23rd, non HHN days, I had early entry at Studios.

I think that's why the info isn't posted online, they seem to change which park for various reasons.

That sure makes it tough for us to give out good information!!!!

OP, I guess you should disregard my previous post! ;)

IOA at 8 am:

This just blew my mind! I hadn't even factored for US opening at 7am for EE. I figured it would be IOA at 8am. Now I'm rethinking my whole touring plan. Good to know! Thanks!

When I bought my ticket for October 30th the person I spoke to on the phone told me that I would have early EE for US. He also went on to explain that I should go to US first since it is closing early that evening for HHN. So our day is going to start at US and then end at IOA. First trip there, I hope to enjoy it.

Just to confirm what others have said. We were there Sept. 19-21. Sept 19 was the only HHN, but the EE was at Universal Studios every morning. I had called earlier in the week and had been told it would be IOA, so I was surprised to learn that it was US. The standard opening hours were 8am for US and 9am for IOA. So that meant with EE, Universal Studios opened at 7am. I was irked by that because we can definitely get to the parks by 8am, but to get to the park by 7am is much tougher for our group. We got there at 7am once, but after that we generally didn't get there until 8, and I felt that really diminished some of the value of staying on site for us. Also, because IOA didn't open until 9, the Hogwarts express didn't open until 9 (the line started to build at 8:40). The other downside was that we never saw Hogsmeade "empty," which we really wanted to see.

When do (if at all) early entry hours get announced, or published on regular dates? We are going spring break and would like to know which park we can go into and when. The hours now both say 8am - so I guess if they aren't published I will just plan on arriving early enough to get to one of them at 7am?

I don't think they ever publish them online (I've never seen them on the Universal site).

This year, we had three trips and I believe IOA was the EE for every day during two of those trips and both were open every day for the other trip.

IOA at 8 am:

I just called Royal Pacific directly, was told from today (10/25) forward to November 14, EE will only be @ Studios.

If you're used to WDW extreme planning, it would seem so, but is it? You don't need to make advance reservations (neither ADR nor FP+). So is it really that difficult to just go with the flow? Or just write out two attack plans, one for each park, then pick the one that matches once you're there? There is something to be said for spontaneity and surprises.

If you're used to WDW extreme planning, it would seem so, but is it? You don't need to make advance reservations (neither ADR nor FP+). So is it really that difficult to just go with the flow? Or just write out two attack plans, one for each park, then pick the one that matches once you're there? There is something to be said for spontaneity and surprises.

Totally agree. We love Universal in part because we don't have to do preplanning. It's a much better vacation without having to worry about what's next on our itinerary.

I just called Royal Pacific directly, was told from today (10/25) forward to November 14, EE will only be @ Studios.

We will be there 11/8-9. We called universal last week about something else but asked if they knew which park would have EE and was told that it would be IOA both days.

I've never seen it be only Universal. If it's only one, its been IOA from what I've seen and read here.
Since two different people got two different responses, it looks like you may have to wait until you are there to see for sure.

Not so important if you are staying onsite but important if you aren't. For example, Minion Mayhem. If EE is at Universal, MM has a long line before the park opens for offsite visitors. If you are a family that really wants to ride that ride, planning your day around it can make a big difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter