Early Entry - DCA + quiet place for interview UGH!

Stephanie8537

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I have reservations using our annual passes to enter into DCA early on Thursday 9/6/12 at 9:00. Well, I have a 2nd phone interview for a faculty position (as a 2nd job) that got scheduled at 10am. Boo! I tried to reschedule it and it didn't work. So I'm stuck.

I'm planning on going into the EE at 9:00 to help my husband with the kids - we'll try for Radiator Springs and Tow Mater (I have a two year old and 4 year old). At 9:45, I'll need to sneek away to find a quiet place. My MIL can enter the park with general admission at 10 to help with the kids. I'm figuring when the gates open people with either rush to Carsland or Midway Mania.
Does anybody have any advice as to where I could sit where it would not be as chaotic? I was thinking either near Bugslife or Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. What are your thoughts?

That early in the morning, I'd go over to Pacific Wharf. It's near Carsland, and there probably won't be any traffic over there until closer to lunchtime. And there are tons of tables, so you could probably easily find a spot away from other people.

Good luck!!

I'd probably head over to the Grand Californian Hotel for a quiet place. When my daughter was itty bitty, we'd crash by the fireplace for a nap instead of heading to the hotel room. If it worked for her nap, I'd think it would probably be good for an interview. Good luck!

GCH would be okay if you don't mind walking back around to the front entrance to re-enter the park. Although I've heard that if you eat (buy a soda) at the snack place there they will let you back in or sometimes don't check at all.

Another spot that is off the beaten trail is the path that goes straight through the middle of the Grizzly River Run. On the few occasions I've walked through I haven't seen a single other person and there are many spots along the path that are not noisy from the ride.

Good luck with your interview.

The problem with anywhere in the parks is that there is music. Everywhere.

The Grand's lobby was good for DH's phone interview, though you can end up with unhelpful and shushy people around you, or have the pianist start making music, etc.

Go,over to Hollywood Backlot area. There are a few chairs for the mad t party over by the bar area. That time of the morning it will be real quiet. It is a "corner" of the park so there won't be much foot traffic either. I am talking about the area way off in the corner near what used to be Flynn's arcade. I think it is another type of arcade now. It is all **** down until nightfall so there is nobody around. I also think it is off of the DCA park music track.

I had to call work on a Monday morning in August. We went to the outside dining area of Taste Pilots to the right as you would enter. It was quiet and in the shade. My husband now refers to the area as "my office"! -- Suzanne

Could be silly but maybe you could ask at Guest Relations if they can help you find a quiet spot if you explain why you would need it...

Does the First Aid office in DCA have music? There's a little reception area and it's very tucked away, behind the tortilla factory, I think.

You can't change your Disneyland day? Will you tell the job that you're in Disneyland? I think I would, just to make any disruptions easily explained. Then again, as an employer I might think, "How much does she want the position if she couldn't even stay home the morning of her second interview?" Or possibly the flipside- "She must have a lot of opportunities and be in demand if she can interview from Disneyland." :cool1:

Here now and can confirm there is no music near what is called the mad t party arcade. You do have the occasional monorail pass by and there are some other guests that have discovered that area but it is still quiet.

Does the First Aid office in DCA have music? There's a little reception area and it's very tucked away, behind the tortilla factory...

It has moved to the front of the park.

Here now and can confirm there is no music near what is called the mad t party arcade. You do have the occasional monorail pass by and there are some other guests that have discovered that area but it is still quiet.

That's odd. You don't hear the Monsters Inc music?

I would go into the guest entrance at the Grand Californian Hotel - and hang a left - the area near those restrooms and the spa has always seemed very quiet to me and there is a bench.

I would also scope out the first aid area as an option.

Also Monster's has a huge queue area that is not ever used - the back corner of that area would also be a decent option - except for the occasional monorail.

That early in the day I would think the food area past Goofy's Sky School (Paradise Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta) would also be quiet with plenty of seating.

There is probably somewhere in Redwood Creek that would work - but not totally sure.

Given your timeline I would say the Pacific Wharf would your best bet, or maybe a quiet corner in the Golden Vine Winery area. Both are close to Carsland, much closer than the GCH or deep back of the Monsters Inc queue that are probably slightly quieter.

Good luck!

Thanks for all of the responses!
I forgot about back by Monsters.
We'll be getting in late Wednesday afternoon, so we are going to scope out my path so I'm prepared for that morning.

Thanks again!

Try the Ghirardelli Chocolate Shop (were the tortilla factory was). We were just there this weekend and got DS12 a bottle of water at 10 am and there were less than 10 people in the entire place, including CMs.

bumbershoot said:
It has moved to the front of the park.

That's odd. You don't hear the Monsters Inc music?

The area I am referring to is further away from the monsters inc ride queue than you might imagine. There is another building between them that serves drinks in the evening. There is also an empty stage. It really is tucked into the corner of the park. As a bonus, there is actually seating there so you don't have to stand. The chairs look comfy but they are really hard plastic. Still better than trying to get comfortable leaning against a rail.

There are other relatively quiet places too. One of my favorites that I almost forgot about is in the pacific wharf area. If you are facing the seating area of the bakery with the Mexican restaurant behind you, there are a couple of tables that are to the left of the restaurant. They are tucked back along the water. We used to sit there to watch the parade from across the water. It isn't super quiet but it is much more quiet than most of the park, plus you have a table. Get yourself a drink and settle down for your interview.

An unpopular idea, but do the interview in your hotel room. There are a few reasons why I say this. First, any area of DCA or DL is subject to unexpected environmental noise and distractions that you will not be able to prevent. Second, you should be in a place where you can review notes and write ideas down for follow up questions. Third, and possibly the most important, you cannot predict or control what impression your interviewer will have if he or she discovers you are taking this interview inside a theme park. You may think it's fine, but your interviewer may question how seriously you take this faculty position by not taking the time to set up a controlled interview environment.

An unpopular idea, but do the interview in your hotel room. There are a few reasons why I say this. First, any area of DCA or DL is subject to unexpected environmental noise and distractions that you will not be able to prevent. Second, you should be in a place where you can review notes and write ideas down for follow up questions. Third, and possibly the most important, you cannot predict or control what impression your interviewer will have if he or she discovers you are taking this interview inside a theme park. You may think it's fine, but your interviewer may question how seriously you take this faculty position by not taking the time to set up a controlled interview environment.

I agree! I wouldn't chance an important interview by possible interruptions, music, etc. :thumbsup2

I figured with the annual passes and no mention of hotel room, they were locals.

Thanks for all of the responses!
I forgot about back by Monsters.
We'll be getting in late Wednesday afternoon, so we are going to scope out my path so I'm prepared for that morning.

Thanks again!

YES absolutely MONSTERS. Very quiet over there. ::yes::

My 2nd thought would also be Pacific Wharf.

GOOD LUCK, OP!!!! Oh and don't forget your ear buds. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter