Early Entry DAS

Southerndisney

Mouseketeer
Can you get a DAS on the MDE app during Early Entry to parks for resort guests? This could be very helpful for a ride whose line builds quickly.

I do not know (yeah, I know, what a great answer)...

What I can say is that in the past when we have been in the park "before official opening", we have had one of three reactions:

1) A cast member will tell you flat out no, they cannot give you a return time.
2) Sometimes, they will give you the "proper" return time based on the standby time
3) Several times they have actually let us go right on.

I am curious what the MDE will do, but I am assuming they will only allow you a return time staring when the park is officially open.

Since it is all on the APP now, as soon as it is 9:00 get a return time for one of those rides. Then go on the short line rides. I’m wondering how this would work with Genie +. I’m only planning to get it for Magic Kingdom though. I hope between all the options - DAS, Advances Selection, and Genie + that we will be able to manage the lines without a massive meltdown.

Usually they let you have a return time as soon as official opening, but I've been told by CM’s that’s bc no wait times are listed (at the rides) until then. And if there is no wait time to go off of, then there can’t be a DAS issued. Well, they are definitely listing wait times during early morning hours, so has anyone actually tried it?? A lot of things are changing & this just might be one of them!

One website posted a blog of the DAS return time usage on the first day and at MK got a HM return time for:
"anytime after 7:58 am"

I'm not sure exactly what time it was booked, but the park didn't open until 9 (8:30 for early entry) so the return time was before the park even opened.

I'm curious about other reports of this.

NOTE: post edited by moderator to remove blocked content

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that video. I don’t know how accurate it is, or if it was a glitch. To my knowledge, you must have entered the park to make a DAS Return Time in the morning. Maybe the individual is from central time zone and didn’t change their clock.

I saw that video. I don’t know how accurate it is, or if it was a glitch. To my knowledge, you must have entered the park to make a DAS Return Time in the morning. Maybe the individual is from central time zone and didn’t change their clock.

Or, it might still be exactly what you are saying... you must have entered a park. (But maybe the park not necessarily be officially open yet). So, that person in the article may have tapped into the park at 7:58 am and immediately booked that return time for 7:58am. They won't be able to ride until the park opens at 9am (or 8:30 if they are a resort guest for early entry). But maybe they booked it as soon as they entered the park, and since there was no wait time posted yet, the return time was immediate.

I have no idea if this is true, I haven't been in the parks this week to see. But it is possible that return times could be booked as soon as someone taps into a park (even if the park isn't officially open yet).

Or, it might still be exactly what you are saying... you must have entered a park. (But maybe the park not necessarily be officially open yet). So, that person in the article may have tapped into the park at 7:58 am and immediately booked that return time for 7:58am. They won't be able to ride until the park opens at 9am (or 8:30 if they are a resort guest for early entry). But maybe they booked it as soon as they entered the park, and since there was no wait time posted yet, the return time was immediate.

I have no idea if this is true, I haven't been in the parks this week to see. But it is possible that return times could be booked as soon as someone taps into a park (even if the park isn't officially open yet).
This is the way Maxpass at Disneyland worked, since this seems to be based of the same system, I think it is likely that this is what happened.

When I was at WDW last October, I had an experience with the DAS return times before official park opening. We entered Epcot through the International Gateway at approximately 1030, proceeding directly to Frozen Ever After. The ride was already operational, with a standby line of around 45 minutes by our arrival at 1040. I requested a return time, but was told that they couldn't give a return time until after park opening. Faced with waiting in the standby line as it was, or essentially waiting in the same conditions as waiting in line for 20 minutes, watching the standby line time grow significantly in that time to get a return time, I looked at my daughters and told them that we'd have to skip the ride.

I contacted disability.services@disneyparks.com that evening explaining the situation, and how I felt that this is counter to the spirit of the DAS service. That a person with a DAS should not be punished by being unable to wait in line, in an alternate location (i.e., "virtually") when others are waiting in a physical line, and experience longer line times as a result.

I received a phone call the following day from a CM who agreed that this should have been handled differently, and granting us an anytime use Fastpass so that we could go experience Frozen Ever After at our leisure.

That being said, I feel that if the new DAS request options aren't there during early park entry, or any time that standby lines are allowed to form, then this is a miss by Disney, and we should be active in contacting them to express this sentiment.

Does anyone know if DAS is able to be used during evening extended hours? I’m hoping most lines will be short but I’m thinking we might need it for 7DMT & possibly other headliners.

Does anyone know if DAS is able to be used during evening extended hours? I’m hoping most lines will be short but I’m thinking we might need it for 7DMT & possibly other headliners.
It should be; it was before.

Just a GUESS, but I think the issue with Early Entry or before actual park opening may b that the app can’t ‘see’ a Standby Wait time, so it thinks no attractions are available for DAS Return Times. It could also be that it‘s not recognizing park hours other than the scheduled opening in some parks OR not recognizing that a guest staying at a WDW resort hotel IS a resort guest. (That happened to us once in June for parking. For some reason, when DH presented his Magicband for the parking CM to read, she couldn’t see that we were resort guests or that he had an AP with parking).

They issued us a DAS return time for 7DMT during evenings hours this past week. They said they issued them during the evening hours but it couldn't be done on the app. It hadn't even crossed my mind as being a possibility--I just asked why there were two queues and they told me that was why and that we could get a return time if we had a DAS. That was the only ride we would have needed one on too.

We used it in MK for the extended hours the last week of October. Only the CM at BTMRR had an issue with it. Despite showing her the app with our return time, she instructed us to the regular line because they had completely closed the LL queue and she said DAS doesn't work after hours. We only rode BTMRR once. Every other ride allowed use of DAS.

Anyone else have any recent experience with this? Heading to WDW next week and wondering specifically about ROTR; planning to use EEPE and hoping we can grab a return time for ROTR during that time, and then take advantage of the low waits to get on other headliners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter