Early Entry and Carsland

jennyh2829

Mouseketeer
Okay, my DH's family is taking a trip out to Southern CA in June. We will be at DLR on June 12 and 13. On Wed. DCA has early admission at 7am and Thur. DL has early entry at 7am. We are staying at the Grand Californian.

What is the best way to do Carsland??
Should we do it on Thursday when they don't have EE?

Would we still be able to get in earlier on EE entry from GC? or will we be let in at the same time (7am)?

How early do they let resort guests in when it is EE vs. regular opening? They open at 8 on Thursday for a regular time...

They are counting on me to help plan since we've been out there two times in the last 3 years....;):sad2:

Okay, my DH's family is taking a trip out to Southern CA in June. We will be at DLR on June 12 and 13. On Wed. DCA has early admission at 7am and Thur. DL has early entry at 7am. We are staying at the Grand Californian.

What is the best way to do Carsland??
Should we do it on Thursday when they don't have EE?

Would we still be able to get in earlier on EE entry from GC? or will we be let in at the same time (7am)?

How early do they let resort guests in when it is EE vs. regular opening? They open at 8 on Thursday for a regular time...

They are counting on me to help plan since we've been out there two times in the last 3 years....;):sad2:

I, personally, would do the EMH (Extra Magic Hour) at DCA on Wednesday.

You will be let in at 7:00am (not any earlier, even for being a guest at a resort property), and I would line up early at the MAIN entrance rather than the Grand Californian entrance. The reason for this is there are ONLY two security bag checkers and two turnstiles at the GCH entrance, and the lines are HUGE most of the time. You will have a much better chance of getting in quickly if you use the main entrance (in MY experience).

Walk quickly toward Cars Land, and if RSR are up and going, hop in line and ride. If you have children 7 or older, you could all do single rider line if you want. If RSR are NOT running, go quickly and ride TSMM, and Screamin' with NO wait--maybe even twice!

At that point, if you want to check on RSR to see if it's running do so, OR make sure you get in the fast pass line about 10 minutes before they open the park to everyone else. That way you will be assured of a fast pass for later.

If you choose to do DCA on Thursday, and it opens at 8:00, then as a guest of the GCH, you can enter 30 minutes early--they don't do this on mornings where they have EMH.

Good luck and have FUN!!!:)

Definitely hit up Cars Land during EMH. The park will open one hour before official opening for EMH. Get in line at main entrance 30 minutes prior. When you get to the rope at the end of BVS, stay to the far right the whole way and follow the crowd into CL. You can ride the other CL rides, and hit up TSMM. Before the extra hour is up, get in line for a RSR FP.
Another option is to ride TSMM first and other CL and DCA rides first, and then just get in line for the RSR FP 10 minutes before the park officially opens.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

We did EMH at DCA two mornings. We were in line a half hour prior to gates opening and did the "wide right" technique. We waited for RSR a total of maybe 10 mins on both days. I would definitely do the same thing again.

We did EMH at DCA a few weeks ago. Stayed at the GCH and went in through the line there (but we were early, so it was a short line when we joined it). They did let us in a little early (I think about 10-15 mins earlier than park opening), but we had farther to walk than people from the main entrance. We got to the rope line about the same time -- probably a few people back from the front (we did not run from the hotel to the rope). Anyway, we followed wide-right (as explained on another thread) and ended up at the front of the line for RSR (the people in front of us moved towards the middle, but we hugged the right and it worked!).

Is that a standard deal, getting into DCA early as a resort guest at GCH on a non-EMH day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter