Early entering

ebeth

Earning My Ears
Early entering that is for guest stying at the Disney's hotels is that right? we are staying at the paradise pier what are the best things to go to first when entering early. We are going to be going on july 5th - july 7th. We have two kids 6 and 4

Guests staying at the Disneyland Resorts get early entry on all days it is offered - every day except Wednesday and Sunday, I think. As you go into the park, walk up main Street and stay to the left. When you get up to the Arcade area, a CM will direct you through the shop to a side door that leads to the area in front of the castle. You will need to have your hotel pass, the one that shows you are a guest, in order to pass through. Your kids will probably want to go to Fantasyland right away. Not all rides or lands are open at early entry.

Things to do then depend on your needs... find out which rides are open, determine which one will be of most importance to your kids and probably most busy when the other guests arrive. Ride the ones that you want first that are open.... then position yourself so that you are near as possible to the land with the rides that are not yet open. When the ropes drop (e.g.,at the entrace of Adventureland to get in line for Indy) you will have a slight edge on the crowd that is still waiting on Main Street. Watch your kids at regular opening time, some people tend to run through to get to their favorite rides.

You may save yourself some time by hopping the monorail.

For resort guests, you'll have to show your park ticket, and a pass that allows you into the park early.

The monorail will drop you in Tomorrowland, just steps away from Fantasyland and the numerous attractions that are usuallly open early.

If you can do it, DO IT! We did EE this past Saturday -- a beautiful, typical Southern California day -- and the park was all but empty for early entry. It was heaven. It stayed that way until about 11, in fact. We managed to get a lot done.

...as long as the monorail line isn't very long! :) Of course, Greg is right. I just love strolling through the new Downtown Disney, and the La Brea Bakery is a perfect place to eat before starting in the parks.

What could have been a tough decision for us turned out to be easy.

Our first morning there was a Wednesday, so there was no EE. In fact, the park didn't open until 10:00am, so we went to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast first. :)

The hard part would have been trying to decide if we walk to the main entrance and enter Disneyland on our very first day the traditional way, or do we hop the monorail for speed and convenience?

Since there was no EE, we walked to the main entrance on our first day and took in the beautiful sights and sounds of Disneyland's main entrance.

However, on our following days we hopped that monorail for speed and convenience!!! :D There was never a line for the monorail (which I'm sure will NOT be the case in July :( ).

My DH would take my 9 y/o to Tomorrowland and hit all of those 'older kid rides', while my mother and I took my 3 y/o on all of the 'younger kid rides' in Fantasyland.

We met in different places on different days. At whatever time they let the public in, we would meet in front of the ropes for Toon Town, or Adventureland, or Frontierland---depending on which other lands and rides we wanted to see and do next. :) :)

EE was a fabulous treat! :) Sometimes we just stayed on the carousel over and over again. :) Dumbo was another one of the 'repeat rides' on EE mornings. :)

With a 4 and 6 y/o I think you will be able to take full advantage of EE days...hit the park early and then head back to the room around lunchtime for a little meal and rest. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter