Early dinning

Frowned upon? By who???

Early dining is not just for kids. There are a lot more for sure but the hours are set to suit your preferences.

Family of 4 with adult age children. We eat early. Never a problem. You won't be the only adults eating early. The 1st seating isn't just for kids.

Thanks dh and I are used to eating early based on our work hours

Same here, although I do it more for weight loss/heart burn reasons. Plus, if you get hungry later...you're on a cruise ship...there's food everywhere!!!!

I assure you, you won't be the only ones dining early without kids.

Our kids are grown and it doesn't bother us if we sit with couples who have kids. We have done it in the past and are going to do it on the upcoming Halloween cruise on the Dream. You have room for the pirate party. If you do the late dining you just finish dinner and the pirate party starts and you are stuffed from dinner.:)

my DW and I cruise DCL without our older daughter often. We always request MAIN dining. We also ask for a table with just the two of us. My DW gets really nervous around strangers.

I don't think anyone has a problem with us dining early. But I wear slacks to reduce any backlash from other cruisers.:cool1:

I also like grabbing a piece of pizza after the evening entertainment. If I chose second dining, I would miss out on that part of my cruise because i would have just eaten. Have had second dining once, and preferred MAIN. But hopefully DCL will not come up with a rule that all ADULTS must eat at the scond seating.

We choose early seating (and now we are all "adults"). Have sat with other "adults only" and with the entire family. Either way works for us.

I like the "timing" of the late dinner - except for the actual eating part - it's too late for us and even though we stay up past 11pm - we are usually still feeling full from dinner. Maybe part of that is that we inevitably end up finishing dinner around 10:30pm

Has any one done this with out kids, is it frowned upon

We always like the early dining, with or without our kids. The only thing you'll find frowned upon is inappropriate conduct or clothing. And your waiters, anxious to please, probably won't themselves frown on anything!

What's to frown upon? You have just as much right to early dining as anyone! Personally, I much prefer early dining. Late dining frequently doesn't finish until 10pm, which is far too late for me. As a diabetic and someone with reflux, eating that close to bedtime is a huge no-no. I eat early if at all possible.

Sayhello

Frowned upon? Hardly. But don't be surprised if you find yourself without much to do if you choose not to go to the 8:30 show. DH and I only went to 2 of the 4 shows and the other 2 nights were wandering the ship, looking for something to do. Most of the activities don't start until 9 the earliest, more like 9:30 or 10.

Three cruises now, no kids, and we've done early dining every time. Twice we were seated with other adults only groups and once we got our own table. We much prefer early dining since 8:30 p.m. or so is way too late for us to eat dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter