EARLY Departure with DME??

DanielJoseph

Earning My Ears
Hi folks, we have a 5:15AM flight :eek: departing Boardwalk Villas on our return trip. Don't ask.....

Anyway, how early do we have to arrange departure time with DME? In other words, what is the LATEST we can arrange to depart BWV for the airport?

Thanks, we are new to all of this!

Dan

Early as in "how far in advance"? As soon as you're sure of your travel plans is best, but at least a couple of days in advance; the sooner the better, naturally.

Early as in "will they REALLY pick us up three hours in advance of that departure"? Yes, absolutely.

Early as in "how far in advance"? As soon as you're sure of your travel plans is best, but at least a couple of days in advance; the sooner the better, naturally.

Early as in "will they REALLY pick us up three hours in advance of that departure"? Yes, absolutely.

That was my question - does it have to be 3 hours prior to departure? That would mean a 2:15 AM departure from the hotel...we could leave easily around 3:30 and make it in plenty of time, but not sure DME will adjust - is it absolutely a 3 hour minimum prior to departure time?

That was my question - does it have to be 3 hours prior to departure? That would mean a 2:15 AM departure from the hotel...we could leave easily around 3:30 and make it in plenty of time, but not sure DME will adjust - is it absolutely a 3 hour minimum prior to departure time?

3 hours in advance is what the system is set up for and cannot be modified. I could never have a flight that early but if so, I'd go with a town car service if I intended on staying at the resort that evening.

Another thought: have you considered checking into the Hyatt inside the airport for the last evening? I believe Hyatt will also check your bags for you and make for a much more relaxing evening and allow you a chance to sleep. You can schedule ME to get you there from the resort the night before (simply give them a flight # that departs 3 hours after the time you'd like to leave the resort)

DME pickup is seldom EXACTLY 3 hours hours before scheduled flight time. But, yes, it tends to be 3 hours, plus or minus up to 15 minutes, regardless of the time of day.

(If different guests at the same resort have flights at 10:30 AM, 10:40 AM, and 10:50 AM, DME doesn't send three different buses.)

Also, you should be at the bus pickup location at least 10-15 minutes before your scheduled pick-up.

Early morning flights may seem like a good idea. Sometimes they cost less. But I would gladly pay more.

For a 5:15am flight, DME will pick you up between 2 and 2:30am. Can you change that? Sure, you can always give them false info...info for a flight that leaves at 6:30am. BUT..if you miss your flight, it is your issue, not DME's.
You may have to make other stops at other resorts along the way. There could be an issue on the roadway. There could be a huge back up at security. Any manner of 'stuff' happens on a daily basis.
MCO suggests that you arrive at the airport about 2 hrs before your flight. DME is arranged to make this happen. It gives you an addtl 30 mins there.
You may be better off just taking a cab or a car service back to MCO if you don't want to worry about leaving too early. You should be at the airport no later than 4am, 3:45 would be better. SO, you could get a ride around 3:15-3:30ish...but that's only an hours difference.

For a 5:15am flight, DME will pick you up between 2 and 2:30am. Can you change that? Sure, you can always give them false info...info for a flight that leaves at 6:30am. BUT..if you miss your flight, it is your issue, not DME's.
You may have to make other stops at other resorts along the way. There could be an issue on the roadway. There could be a huge back up at security. Any manner of 'stuff' happens on a daily basis.
MCO suggests that you arrive at the airport about 2 hrs before your flight. DME is arranged to make this happen. It gives you an addtl 30 mins there.
You may be better off just taking a cab or a car service back to MCO if you don't want to worry about leaving too early. You should be at the airport no later than 4am, 3:45 would be better. SO, you could get a ride around 3:15-3:30ish...but that's only an hours difference.

Great info Dianne, thanks. Just out of curiosity, how much would a cap or a limo cost from BWV to MCO? Thanks again! :thumbsup2
Dan

I second the recommendation for the airport Hyatt. I had to take a very early DME bus last year (due to an impending storm), and it was a very long trip (made several stops) at that time of the morning. You could sleep a lot longer at the Hyatt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter