Early December Itinerary

mandy2012

Mouseketeer
For those of you going to Disney world in December, I'd like to hear what you guys have planned! Me and my boyfriend are going for our first time! We have no kids, and we are doing all 4 parks. We have a 7 day pass with no park hoppers. And we plan on attending the Christmas party. And we are driving from California, so this is going to be a long trip! Here's what our schedule looks like.

Mon 11/30: Arrive at Port Orleans Riverside. Go to Hollywood Studios for the evening. Dinner at Sci-Fi dine-in at 7:20pm.
Things to do: See the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

Tues 12/1: Epcot-World Showcase. Dinner at San Angel Inn at 4:45pm.
Things to do: Visit all the countries and see Illuminations.

Wed 12/2: Animal Kingdom. Dinner at Rainforest Cafe at 5:00pm.
Things to do: See all the shows and rides.

Thur 12/3: Epcot-Future World. Dinner at Teppon Edo at 8:30pm.
Things to do: See the Candlelight Processional.

Fri 12/4: Hollywood Studios. Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe.
Things to do: See Fantasmic.

Sat 12/5: Downtown disney.
Things to do: Go to DisneyQuest.
Dinner at Planet Hollywood at 4:30pm.
Go to Magic Kingdom for the evening.
Things to do: See Spectromagic.

Sun 12/6: Magic Kingdom. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:20pm.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in the evening.
Things to do: See all the shows and the rides.

Mon 12/7: Magic Kingdom in the morning. Lunch at Grand Floridian cafe at 11:30am. Then we go home :sad1:

Just a few comments in case you hadn't thought of them....

Epcot has early EMH on 12/1, but since you say you're only doing world showcase, I assume you are NOT going to take advantage of this. The Showcase will still be a little more crowded that day because of EMH, but probably not enough to make a difference.

Candlelight Processional--you are eating late, so I assume you did not get the package with seats for the Processional. Make sure you make enough time to line up for the show you want to see (at least an hour before show time, maybe more)

12/2 at Animal Kgdm--they have LATE EMH at AK that night, but you are using up some of that time with your dinner ressie. I think I would make a TS for lunch on this day instead of dinner just to be able to take advantage of the time in the parks later.

Looks like you've done your homework and you have a great plan! How many days are you planning for your drive from CA? I grew up in CA and our family used to drive to NC every year. We would drive through the nights and it still took 3 days! Good luck to you and enjoy your LONGGG vacation!

I agree with what the PP had said....you should try to get a lunch ADR for your 12/2 AK day instead of dinner. Evening EMH is so pretty at AK and you can get a lot done. Everything else in your itinerary looks to be very good. We will be down there the same time as you (12/1-12/8) and we are basically doing the same thing as you too, except we are not going to CP or Fantasmic....have a magical and SAFE trip. Wow, driving from California :worship:....and I thought driving from Chicago took a long time :goodvibes

12/1 - Arrive late, dinner at resort, maybe DTD depending on how tired we are
12/2 - MK, Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
12/3 - AK, Dinner at Chef Mickey's & MVMCP
12/4 - DHS, Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
12/5 - Epcot, Breakfast at O'Hana and late lunch/early dinner, Le Cellier
12/6 - DTD for a couple of hours & then head to airport

Our itenery is this:
11/29 - arrive around 1pm, check in at POP and head to DTD for some afternoon shopping and lunch. Then we are off to the Poly for dinner at Ohana with my bff and her family.

11/30 - MK day! we will hit it hard and fast, probably take a break mid day after lunch at Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bill's. Dinner is Chef Mickey's that night and we'll finish at MK with EMH.

12/1 - AK day! We will take our time this day, not sure about arrival after coming off a late night. Not sure where we will have lunch, shall play it by ear. Dinner is planned for Boma that night and then back to the hotel for a swim and early to bed.

12/2 - Epcot day! We will get up and be pretty close to rope drop. This day will play by ear as well, probably do Soarin' and TT early and FP them as well. Lunch is definitely at Sunshine Seasons this day and a very late dinner at LeCellier followed by Illuminations. It will be our first time ever seeing World Showcase so that will be fun! (oh can't forget to do the sodas around the world).

12/3 - Back to AK for early breakfast with Donald and then spend the early afternoon there before heading to WCC for dinner. That night we'll end at Oshborn Lights, most likely back to hotel but this is "fly by our pants" night as well.

12/4 - DHS for early, got to get in TOT and RNR. Lunch is at Sci Fi, can't wait for this. Then back to POP for relaxing afternoon. This night is our MVMCP night (crazy I know but it is our last night there and I have to spend it in MK). Dinner is at 6pm, Crystal Palace! Oh yeah, love this place. Also can't wait to see it snow on Main St. WOW that will be awesome.

12/5 - check out day...:sad2: We have a late flight, so after checking our bags we will head to AK or EP for a bit more of what we love.

Even though I have it all planned out, we may go with flow on vacation. I love to do that. We will attend our ADRs though.

Oh I can't wait!!! :yay:

DH & I are going to be there the 4th-14th. Our parents are joining us for the first seven days, then we're staying an additional three days just ourselves. Here's what we are planning:

12/4
- DH & I are flying, so we'll arrive around 10:45 am. Our parents are driving from New Orleans, so they'll arrive a few hours later. Drop our stuff off at the resort (Wyndham Bonnet Creek), then do some resort hopping to see the decorations. When our parents arrive, we'll hit Downtown Disney, and play some mini-golf at Winter Summerland

12/5 - Epcot Future World in the morning. Move over to World Showcase whenever. CP Lunch at Biergarten. Seeing the CP at 5 pm, and staying for Illuminations. Might go to MK that night for the late hours if we are up for it.

12/6 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

12/7 - Hollywood Studios most of the day. MK in the afternoon/evening for SpectroMagic & Wishes

12/8 - Sleep in, lunch at resort. Hit whichever park we are in the mood for until heading to MK at 4 pm for MVMCP that night. We plan to stay until midnight! Hopefully we all last. :laughing:

12/9
- Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Dinner at The Melting Pot

12/10 - Animal Kingdom all day. Hop to DHS in the late afternoon to see Fantasmic & Osbourne Lights

12/11 - (Our parents' last day with us). Chef Mickey's breakfast. Magic Kingdom. We are mostly leaving the day up to them since they'll start driving home that night. So we may stay in MK until they are ready to head back to the room & head out, or go to whatever park they choose.

12/12
- Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure (DH loves US!). If we feel we've done everything we want to do there, we may add another Disney day on our tickets instead.

12/13 - Keys to the Kingdom tour in the am. Will probably stay in MK, may hop if we feel like it.

12/14 - We'll probably hop around this day doing whatever we want to do over again until we fly out at 7:10 pm back to NOLA!

Mandy:

I think you are Magic Kingdom heavy on your schedule. If you live in California you have more opportunity to see it there. Also, I prefer MK in California. It's worth a look for you here, but 3 days is too much even if they are not all full days. With the MVMCP you can hit all the main attractions. The MK park stays open late with the party and you really can accomplish a lot. In addition, MK is taping the Christmas parade on 12-5. Even if you are doing evening there the park will be mobbed; I would absolutely avoid this park on this day.

With that said I would use that day to do Epcot instead. It's a great park for adults. There's a lot going on with live street entertainment there. Also, Holidays Around the World is quite a highlight. If you absolutely want to go to Spectromagic Saturday night then I would opt not to go to MK on Sunday in the daytime or see if Spectro is another day that you can do instead. Go to Epcot on Saturday night. For MVMCP party guests you can get into the park early like 4pm even if the party starts out at 7pm. You really don't need to do MK on the same day; so, you can opt for more time to do Epcot on that day. If Epcot is not that appealing to you then you could do more time to Animal Kingdom. AK is the largest park (actually 5X larger) and it takes time to see it all. If you like the AK park even two days may not be enough for it.

It's your trip, but you are coming a long way and I would concentrate on what you don't have back in your state; so, I would opt for less MK.

OP

I do agree about the parade taping at MK, I think it will be very crowded. also, I may be wrong, but you have 7 day hoppers, but plan on going to parks 8 days. For MVMCP you can get in at 4:00, not in time for your lunch ressie. so you need a regular ticket to get in MK.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and make tons of magical memories!!!!

I will be at WDW from 11/28-12/2 also at the Riverside. Another quick trip. I really don't plan as much as I used to since I have been so many times. I do, however, plan around the EMH's. You can get so much done. By the way, since you are staying at Riverside, make sure you take their boat to Downtown Disney. It is so relaxing, providing the weather is nice. It only takes about 20 minutes, and you don't have to deal with traffic at DTD.

I agree with the PP, you are heavy on the MK. Since you are from CA, the MK at DL is better. What am I saying? You can never have too much MK. No matter where the park is. I am sure you will find it interesting the changes from MK in WDW with MK at DL. Especially, It's A Small World. No pre-show or post-show like DL. By the time you go, Space Mountain will be reopened. I can't wait to see the updated version. The Fantasmic show at DL is soooo much better. I usually don't see it anymore at WDW. Just my opinion, though.

You may just want to readjust your MK schedule. It is a shame you won't have a park hopper, but your days are pretty full the way you planned it. Also, you can't forget to leave time to see the Christmas decorations at the resorts. The gingerbread house at the GF, WOW! Plus, all the treats you can buy at the gingerbread house. Three words: YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!! Since you have all that time at MK, just take the monorail and/or boat from MK to the Polynesian, GF, and Contemporary. Take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. I like seeing the decorations both in the daytime and at night. Just a thought. I love the monorail at WDW, not so much at DL.

I see you don't have any breakfast options planned. I love the character breakfast at O'hana (Polynesian). I also love Boma (AK), and Oliva's (OKW). Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Have fun, and while you are at Riverside look for me. I will be the one screaming Mickey and Goofy's names. I am just a big kid at heart.:woohoo:

DH, my parents and I will be staying at CBR Dec. 5-13. Here's our rough itinerary.

12/5 Arrive at MCO about 10:15 am, hope to check in at CBR and be at MK by 12:30/1:00, dinner at Tony's Town Square at 5:25, close the park at 11 (if we can make it that long)
12/6 Sleep in, explore Christmas decor at other resorts, split up for lunch (DH & I at Grand Floridian Cafe at 1:30, my parents at Kona Cafe at 1:00), head to MK at 4 for MVMCP, close the park if we can (main goal: see all the party/Christmas only parades, shows, characters, etc.)
12/7 early EMH at AK, lunch at Yak & Yeti at 11:00, back to resort for nap/swim/bum around/free time, head to MK for pm EMH (again, close the park if we can make it- DH and I love the parks at night)
12/8 eary EMH at Epcot, back to resort for nap/swim/bum around/free time, head over to DHS, dinner at 50's Primetime at 7:55 (main goal: see Osbourne Lights)
12/9 sleep in, bum around CBR, explore other resorts, head to DTD for dinner at Wolfgang Puck at 5:30, shop, maybe head over to Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk
12/10 early EMH at MK, back to resort for nap/swim/bum around/free time, head over to Epcot, dinner at Coral Reef at 5:15, close the park
12/11 not sure what we're doing in the am- probably AK, back to resort for nap/swim/bum around/free time, head to Epcot for pm EMH, dinner at Teppan Edo at 7:50, close the park
12/12 early EMH at DHS, head to Epcot for lunch at Chefs de France at 1:00, ultimately end up at MK until park close for our final night
12/13 catch an 8:15 am flight home (yay for early ME pick up but it's later than we've had on previous trips)

This is just the general itinerary I have planned out now- we can change things around as we feel fit.

I would rethink eating at Planet Hollywood. Try Raglain Road instead if you want to eat at Downtown Disney.

I agree with what the PP had said....you should try to get a lunch ADR for your 12/2 AK day instead of dinner. Evening EMH is so pretty at AK and you can get a lot done. Everything else in your itinerary looks to be very good. We will be down there the same time as you (12/1-12/8) and we are basically doing the same thing as you too, except we are not going to CP or Fantasmic....have a magical and SAFE trip. Wow, driving from California :worship:....and I thought driving from Chicago took a long time :goodvibes

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't take the wrong exit in St. Louis and have to drag Aunt Edna and her dog along.

This is our plan. It not everyone's ideal plan, but it will be perfect for us. Lots to see and do and planned out to be as laid back as possible.

12/05/09 Saturday
Drive to WDW
Check into Yacht Club :sail:
Get some sleep

12/06/09 Sunday
Sleep Late
Bum around the YC/BC/BW area
Breakfast at Kouzzina
Lunch at Beaches & Cream
MVMCP :santa:
Meet jackskellingtonsgirl :woohoo:
Dinner at Pecos Bill's
Ride BTMRR during Holiday Wishes

12/07/09 Monday
Sleep Late
Breakfast at Concierge Lounge
Epcot :figment:
Lunch at Chefs de France to meet Remy
Dinner at Tutto Italia
IllumiNations!

12/08/09 Tuesday
Sleep Late
Breakfast at Kona Cafe :coffee:
Shop at Downtown Disney
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
MVMCP :santa:
Dinner at Pecos Bill's
Wishes Dessert Party :cake:
Holiday Wishes

12/09/09 Wednesday
Sleep Late
Magic Kingdom ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo pluto:
Lunch at The Plaza Restaurant
Afternoon Tea at the GF :chat:
Dinner at Pecos Bill's
Wishes :wizard:

12/10/09 Thursday
Animal Kingdom for rope drop :simba:
Wildlife Discovery Excursion
CS Lunch
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse for "date night" :flower3:
Check out the Boardwalk area :artist: :jester: :boat: :clown:

12/11/09 Friday
Disney Hollywood Studios for rope drop :smickey:
Lunch at Backlot Express
Dinner at Mama Melrose
Osborne Lights pixiedust:

12/12/09 Saturday
Drive Home

Another voice to the chorus of less time at MK. You might want to spend some more time wandering around the resorts, too, including FW in the evening, since it will be Christmas time--so many decorations everywhere! We're from CA, too, and love DL and the MK, but DL has a little bit bigger place in our hearts (although it is smaller) ;) .

Thanks for all your suggestions. And you guys are right, I should do less magic Kingdmom since I have it here in CA. So on the 5th we are just going for the spectromagic parade and thats it. Then on the 6th we will spend all day at the Magic Kingdom for all the rides and stuff, then that night for the Christmas party only do all the Christmas stuff. Then on the 7th no Magic Kingdom. We will sleep in cuz of the long night at Magic Kingdom the night before. I'm sure we will have a great time no matter what. Thanks you guys :santa:

MY NEW PLANS

Monday, November 30- Arrive at Port Orleans Riverside. Relax at the hotel for a bit, then go to Hollywood Studios in the evening to see the Osbourne lights. Dinner ressies at Sci-Fin dine in at 7:20pm.

Tuesday, December 1- Epcot-World Showcase. Dinner ressies at San Angel Inn at 4:45pm. End the evening with Illuminations.

Wednesday, December 2- Animal Kingdom. Dinner ressies at Rainforest Cafe at 5:00pm.

Thursday, December 3- Epcot-Future World. Watch the Candlelight Processional in the evening. Dinner ressies at Teppon Edo at 8:30pm.

Friday, December 4- Hollywood Studios. Lunch ressies at 50's prime time cafe at 11:50am. Watch Fantasmic in the evening.

Saturday, December 5- DisneyQuest in the morning. Lunch ressies at Planet Hollywood at 3:00pm. Go to Magic Kingdom in the evening for Spectromagic and Wishes.

Sunday, December 6- magic Kingdom. Lunch ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:20pm. MVMCP in the evening.

Monday, December 7- Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe at 8:30am. Shopping at Downtown Disney. Then we leave. :sad1:

Mandy-

Keep in mind World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00am. That leaves 3 hours open on 12/1. This would be the best time to hit Test Track and Soarin' (probably not a big deal for someone from California).

Mandy-

Keep in mind World Showcase doesn't open until 11:00am. That leaves 3 hours open on 12/1. This would be the best time to hit Test Track and Soarin' (probably not a big deal for someone from California).

That three hour difference from CA probably means you weren't planning on many rope drops anyway. So, you can "sleep in" since that 11:00 opening of
WS is only 8:00 to your body clock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter