Early Crystal Palace Breakfast

Stacied68

Mouseketeer
We have a ADR at Crystal Palace at 8am. The park opens at 9am. I am looking forward to walking down main street without a crowd to take some pictures. What time do you think we will be done at breakfast?

TIA
Sstacie

Hopefully you can get some nice pictures. There were some comments about that on here last week and people were saying that it is more difficult now to get nice pictures because with BOG, CP and CRT all open for breakfast, there are more people on main street before park opening.

How early do they let you in the park when you have a pre park opening breakfast? I have seen pictures listed sometimes saying they got empty main st pics but there are still a lot of people in the background? I'm sure it's still practically empty compared to normal though. I have an early one too and mainly want it to be there early to get that experience.

Last edited:
They'll start letting people in around 7:45. Don't expect totally empty Main Street photos. Not to be a downer, just be prepared. Everyone with early ADRs will be there and wanting the same things. Of course, it will be much less crowded than the usual morning rush. The photopass photographers are out, which is nice!

The meal takes around an hour. We got out at 8:50, but they had already started letting people into the park, so we were caught up in the rush on our way out, but Tomorrowland was still empty when we got there :) Everyone heads to Fantasyland :)

We love early CP breakfast, it's a good time. Have fun!!!!

One good tip someone on this board gave, that we never would have thought off is to ask for your check much earlier than the end of the meal. That way you aren't held back waiting when you are ready to leave and lots of tables are also checking out.

We got out at 8:55 at CP, but we skipped seeing one of the characters because we would have to wait longer for him, and we asked for the check when we were seated.

We got empty street picks in February, but the only restaurant open for breakfast was CP at that time. I imagine it will be fairly crowded with BOG and CRT also serving.

We've done CP MANY times for pre-park opening breakfast. It's one of our must do/favorite things. We've had ADRs as early as 8:05 and as late at 8:40. The earliest we've gotten into MK is 7:40am. MK seems to be the only park where they let all pre-park opening ADR holders in upon arrival- regardless of ADR time. So, I try and get all of my MSUSA/Castle pics before my ADR. Honestly, my best people free pics have been with our slightly later ADRs. It's like everyone with the 8:05s-8:15s are lined up trying to get in to eat...so it frees up space in front of the castle.

As for how long to eat...when it's been just adults, only about 40-45 min...with kids 60-75 min.

It took us about an hour to finish breakfast when we had an 8:05 AM ADR there in November 2013... we were in Tomorrowland by 9:10. :)

We always try to do a preopening CP reservation. We try to go to the right of the castle by the gardens and get some lovely pictures there. Last year we lucked in to a trolley ride on the top of the double decker trolley down Main Street. That was even cooler than taking pictures (although we did take some on the trolley). The driver was a lovely older gentleman and told us jokes and historical tidbits about Disneyworld. At the end he gave one of my nephews a limited edition trolley pin. It was really a great memory.

Last August we were the second family in line to enter MK pre-park for a 8:05am CRT ADR and the best 'empty' photo I got has 2 pp walking to CRT. This summer I booked a 8am CP ADR, not for the empty Main Street pics but because we liked being right in the park at rope drop and I always wanted to try CP.

This is a must-do for us every single trip. With an 8:00 ADR, we're usually out a little after 9. There's usually one character that holds us up a bit, but not a big deal. Good tip to ask for the check early on in the meal! Enjoy yourselves, it's wonderful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter