Early Checkout

Dubb

Mouseketeer
I've been scouring the official website for info, but can find none. We have a room booked at Dockside for 12/3-12/17, but find out we may need to leave on the 14th. We do not want to lose out on the reservation or awesome rate we got by making any changes (everything shows to be currently sold out). So what would happen if we decide to leave on the 14th? Is there an exorbitant early checkout fee? Will they charge us the remaining nights? Will they simply let us check out and be on our way?

I've been scouring the official website for info, but can find none. We have a room booked at Dockside for 12/3-12/17, but find out we may need to leave on the 14th. We do not want to lose out on the reservation or awesome rate we got by making any changes (everything shows to be currently sold out). So what would happen if we decide to leave on the 14th? Is there an exorbitant early checkout fee? Will they charge us the remaining nights? Will they simply let us check out and be on our way?
I just did a whirl on the Universal Website. It appears that Dec 6 is sold out at your hotel which is why you can't book from Dec 3-14. Consider booking from Dec 3-6 for $129. Then From Dec 7-14 for $96 a night (as per website). For the night of the 6th, you can hop to another Universal Deluxe hotel and just take a carryon bag and leave your bags at the Dockside.

Another option is to call Universal and tell them that you have to leave on the 14th and tell them if they wont comply, you will cancel and go to Disney for the vacation. If they say go to disney, you can just cancel and then rebook with the crazy scenario I mentioned above.

I currently have a two bedroom suite booked for $117 a night, which is why I am not going to chance cancelling and/or rebooking. I've already called and asked if I could just drop the three nights, but they want to cancel and rebook at current rates.

If I have to leave on the 14th, I will simply leave on the 14th. I was just wondering what the charges may be. If they are going to charge me for the entire stay, I won't even bother checking out and just let my reservation run until the 17th on its own.

If calling didn't work, and it'll still be cheaper to keep the room and check out online on the 17th, I'd just wait and see when you get there. I've found that the front desk can do more forcing of things not available online. But if not, at least you aren't paying more for less!

I currently have a two bedroom suite booked for $117 a night, which is why I am not going to chance canceling and/or rebooking. I've already called and asked if I could just drop the three nights, but they want to cancel and rebook at current rates.

If I have to leave on the 14th, I will simply leave on the 14th. I was just wondering what the charges may be. If they are going to charge me for the entire stay, I won't even bother checking out and just let my reservation run until the 17th on its own.
I hope the best. Great deal for a suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter