Early checkin?

You can check in as soon as you arrive...although your site may not be ready yet....but then again.....maybe it will be ready. Disney is pretty good about allowing early check in and giving you your site if its available.

You can check in as soon as you get there. Sometimes your room is ready. They will hold your luggage if it's not. You have full use of the resort. We pack a bathing suite and head for the pool. The kids get the pool thing done first day. If we had park tickets it off to the parks for the day.

Right, if you checkin before your site is ready you will still get your KttW card and parking pass. If you are in a cabin, I don't know if you get your KttW card since I would think the card needs to be programmed for your cabin door? Anybody know? Anyhow, with parking pass in had you can park in the overflow lot and use the buses, or use your pass and drive straight to a theme park.

Right, if you checkin before your site is ready you will still get your KttW card and parking pass. If you are in a cabin, I don't know if you get your KttW card since I would think the card needs to be programmed for your cabin door? Anybody know? Anyhow, with parking pass in had you can park in the overflow lot and use the buses, or use your pass and drive straight to a theme park.

As with the other resorts, if you check in before your cabin is ready, you will be issued your KTTW cards, and be given a phone number to call later to see if your cabin is ready. You will not be given your cabin number until you call back, and they confirm that your cabin is ready.

BTW- The procedure is supposed to be the same for the campsites, you don't get your site number until it is ready. But, most of the castmembers will tell you if you ask.

TCD

So they will program the room door to match your already issued KttW? Or do you have to take your card(s) back to the front desk and get them reprogrammed to your door? Or do they give you a cabin assignment at the time that they initially check you in and program your cards for that door at that time (and not tell you the number so you don't walk in on the as-yet-unchecked-out guests!)? Inquiring minds want to know.

I need to get a job at the Fort... I'm entirely too consumed with this stuff. I wonder if they ever filled Mean-Gene's position? LOL

Your KttW is programmed when they give it to you. However they won't give you your room number until it is ready. That way you can show up and surprise anyone including mousekeeping. Technically if you knew your room, your key would get you in.

The procedure is supposed to be the same for the campsites, you don't get your site number until it is ready. But, most of the castmembers will tell you if you ask.

It's funny, because when we checked in 11/30 our site wasn't ready yet. Which was fine, we were early anyway. We'd actually asked for site #333 as our top pick but the CM at check-in said she couldn't tell us our number yet. Huh? We must have looked at her kind of funny (or we're just funny looking) because she said she wasn't allowed to give out our site number, but then started dropping "hints" that it was indeed site #333. We chuckled and thanked her.

Maybe they're not supposed to give it out then because there's a chance they may need to put someone else in there (for size reasons or whatever)??

Another reason why they are reluctant to offer the site number is... they don't want you to "shop around" to see if you like other sites better. If you arrive early (as we did on our last visit), you can actually check out the proximity of garbage/recycling bins, comfort stations, etc. We found three or four vacant sites we liked better than the one they assigned us. We requested a switch, and they replied, "That's why we don't like to give the site numbers out too early."

Your KttW is programmed when they give it to you. However they won't give you your room number until it is ready. That way you can show up and surprise anyone including mousekeeping. Technically if you knew your room, your key would get you in.

True. You do not need to go back to the front desk. Your keys are already programmed. They know what cabin you are going to be in, they just don't want you there until they are ready for you.

It's funny, because when we checked in 11/30 our site wasn't ready yet. Which was fine, we were early anyway. We'd actually asked for site #333 as our top pick but the CM at check-in said she couldn't tell us our number yet. Huh? We must have looked at her kind of funny (or we're just funny looking) because she said she wasn't allowed to give out our site number, but then started dropping "hints" that it was indeed site #333. We chuckled and thanked her.

Maybe they're not supposed to give it out then because there's a chance they may need to put someone else in there (for size reasons or whatever)??

I think the main reason is that the site may not be clean yet, the previous occupant may still be packing up, or there may be a need for some maintenance issue. If you knew the site number, your might just go to the site, and they might not be ready for you to be there, quite yet.

TCD

Whats to stop a guest from checking in early...getting their kttw then cruising the campground in search of the perfect empty site...going back to the check in and saying "hey, we noticed site #whatever is vacant and were wondering if you could get us into that empty site instead of whatever it is that we're assigned to"....is that too pushy? as long as its not an upgrade from a partial or preferred to a premium, would they be likely to do that?

at least ask a CM. We've were assigned a site one year at check in, only to find someone decided they liked it better than their assigned site. Always "fun" after a 3 day drive to pull back to check in and wait to be re-assigned because of inconsiderate people....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter