Early check-in...

littleshamrock

Mouseketeer
We're staying off-site on the first night in Orlando-this Saturday (it's during peak seaon, so it's a ton of $$$), and want to go right to the parks on Sunday. How could we do this? Would we go to POP (where we're staying) in the AM, and leave our car/luggage at the desk, or wait until later in the day to check in?? We weren't planning on coming back to our room until 5PM or so. We are celebrating my son's birthday, and didn't know if they would decorate for him. THANK YOU!!

If you have your tickets already, then you can do whatever you want. If you don't then yes, check in. Either way, you can store your luggage in your car or at the bellhop's stand (though not your car...sorry, couldn't resist). You'll get a card to call with a phone number on it and a code number. You'll call that number around 3ish and they'll give you your room number.

As to the "decorating,"...sorry, Disney won't do this for you. You can, however, contact Disney Florist (don't know the number, but you can find them on the web) and order a special treat (flower arrangement, special basket, etc) to be delivered to your room. Sometimes, and I emphasize the word sometimes...you can make special arrangements when checking in to have something that you have brought with you to be placed in your room as a "special surprise."

Hope that helps! We're doing the same thing in May.

I'd go ahead and check in early so that you have a parking pass to leave in the car while it's in the parking lot. Luggage can stay with the car or they will hold it until whenever you get back.

ETA - If you're picking up tickets at the hotel or are on a package where the tickets will be on your room card, you'd need to stop by there anyway. Even if not, the peace of mind having a parking pass and knowing you won't be towed would make it worthwhile to me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter