EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

MTSU is in Murfresboro isn't it? My best friend in high school dad worked for Nissan in Murfresboro. I used to live in Greenbrier which is about 30 miles north of Nashville. When would you be moving there? We will probably be in Nashville briefly this summer. My high school reunion is this summer and I want to go. I actually graduated in Alabama, but I think we will fly into Nashville and then drive up to see my grandmother in Ky then drive down to Montgomery for my reunion and probably fly out of Atlanta.

Cristi--I don't know what to say. I hope everything turns out ok. It sounds very scary. I will definately keep them and your community in my prayers.

Tammy-Congrats on the job offers. It's always nice to have options. It sounds like MTSU is a good fit for you.

Things in my life took an interesting turn yesterday, something unEXPECTed. ;) Not sure yet though. I'll have to keep you posted. All I know is that I wish I hadn't already bought my air for the Dec 2006 cruise.

Christi-That is great! We are going to be moving in July. I haven't told them yet or gotten the contract or anything. But I am excited. AND, my brother works for Nissan, and has since the plant opened.....I bet they would know each other...What a small world!!

Stacie......EXPECT....Hmmmmm...... :scratchin ....Might there be an extra passenger on our cruise?????????

Hi Everyone - Wow! There are not many of us, but there is a lot going on!

Stacie - Interesting news - keep us informed!

Tammy - How exciting - new job, moving, etc.

Christi - I am praying for your friend.

Well, my life has been pretty boring, except DH and I did just book a 5-night cruise on the NCL Crown out of Philly to Bermuda. It leaves on 4-25, and the obsessive planner in me is panicking! NCL is supposed to be laid back - freestyle dining and casual dress code all the time. Formal nights are optional! I think I'll get in the relaxing "groove" and just bring the essentials and try to have a good time!

That cruise seems to have just popped up recently, and the rates are really good. I am very excited! Dh and I have not gone away without the kids for years!

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Wow, Kathy... I'm jealous.... I wish I could cruise that soon. It is tough sometimes being in the middle of the country. Too hard to get to a beach....
Well, I was on the local news website earlier and they have changed it from a missing person case to a homicide case. :sad2: Even though we weren't close, I am still pretty disturbed by the whole situation.
Sorry to be a downer.....

I am sorry about your fellow scout leader. That is too sad.....

Thanks Tammy and Stacie. The husband confessed to killing her the other day. It is all pretty unreal. I guess at least now we know.

That is terrible!!! I can't believe how prevalent this is. I am so sorry.

Hey all--

Cristi-I read the story on a Denver newschannel website. What a tragedy!! We are praying for your community, what a sensless thing.

We had a fun weekend, told the kids the news and the grandparents. Kind of exciting. Now I need to touch base with the TA. Obviously we won't be going on a cruise this December, baby won't be old enough, so we're trying to decide if we should postpone or just cancel. We'll need to add a passenger to the Dec 2007 cruise also. I knew we had got a bigger stateroom for a reason. :rotfl:

It is windy and cold here today. Had lots of bad storms yesterday but they all missed us even though there was a tornado warning called as soon as I dropped DD off at church. It's definately too muddy and cold to send the puppy out to play. I guess I'll be her entertainment for today.

Stacie-Congratulations! I am glad you can add that passenger while the prices are still low. :sunny:

We had some bad weather around the Southern Illinois area but the worst of it was south of us and where many of my relatives live in Northwest Tennessee. 20+ people were killed in the counties surrounding where my mom and brother live and less than 1 mile from my mom's house. It was a scary night to say the least. They are fine and the house is fine and they are lucky. I am sure that it will be ruled at least an F4 if not an F5 tornado. Please keep these people in your prayers.

I have to meet with the format "nazi" tomorrow. That is the lady that takes a ruler to my dissertation and determines if the margins are exactly right and other such nonsense. I am not looking forward to that. But, this is just another of the endless hoops that I must jump through to get my degree and get on with my life.

I am accepting a job offer tomorrow with MTSU. :cloud9: They are checking on moving expenses but I will give her the official word tomorrow. I guess I am moving to Murfreesboro, Tennessee. It is a great school and has great facilities and classrooms and I feel quite lucky to be going there. Only 30 minutes outside of Nashville and around 30 to the airport in Nashville. Great location for a travel junkie. :teeth:

Talk to you guys later.......

Tammy-glad your family is ok. I saw Tennessee on the new this morning, it looked nasty. Are you serious about someone measuring margins? That's just silly, imagine reading that job description, "Must be able to use a ruler and measure margins." :rotfl: How much does it pay? I could probably do that from home in my PJs!

I go meet with my travel agent on Thursday to add what I guess they call TBD passenger. The good news is that when we cancelled our 12/06 cruise we got rid of my small town TA that had stolen the ressie. I'm now only dealing with the AAA travel agent. I've never met her but on the phone she's a hoot. She warned me that she isn't as skinny in person as she is on the phone. She says I sound "cute", I hate to tell her but I'm not near as "cute" in person. My kids of course were dissappointed that we can't cruise in December. We're trying to decide if we want to go in April (baby has to be 12 weeks) or not. We can get two connecting cat 6s for a little bit more than what were paying for a cat 5. We could all fit in a cat 5 too but I think it would be a little crowded :crowded: and the kids probably wouldn't appreciate it. Give me a verandah, a book, and a cute baby and I'm set. It is possible that I'm forgetting all the work babies take (my babies are 14 and 11) and that they don't conform to schedules for awhile, but we would be on a cruise. Decisions, decisions!

Oh--I forgot to say congrats again on the job. I'm sure it feels good to have your life falling back into some sort of order.

I am so excited for you Stacie--a new baby. That is a big change after the others are a little older.

Yes, I am expecting a ruler to come out of her desk drawer. Of course, there are other things that she does also, although I am not sure what they are. I am sure I will find out today.

Talk later...

dutch_girl_scout said:
Are you serious about someone measuring margins? That's just silly, imagine reading that job description, "Must be able to use a ruler and measure margins." :rotfl: How much does it pay? I could probably do that from home in my PJs!

:lmao: :lmao: Hey me too, I was just thinking I needed a job where I am not on my feet as much..... :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Congrats on the job Tammy. You will have to let me know when you get to Tennessee and if you are there before we get there maybe we could meet for a drink or something. Glad your family is okay. I just saw the pictures. I was pretty much avoiding the news all weekend and I hadn't even heard about the tornados.

Stacie, how are you feeling? That is a tough decision about the cruise. I don't know if I could have done it when my kids were that little, but I know that lots of people do. Did you tell the kids about the Dec 07 trip yet or are you still going to wait?

I'm feeling amazingly well. I get really tired when I try to do a whole lot, I've been napping some in the afternoon so I can make it through supper. By the time the kids go to bed 9-9:30 I'm ready too.

No, we haven't told the kids about the 2007 cruise yet. I've read all the threads on cruising with an infant and everyone makes it sound really easy. If we went in April we'd probably do an eastern, so it would be some beaches and sight seeing. I think I would be ok hanging out on the beach with babe while DH and the kids snorkeled or whatever, and sightseeing would probably be ok with a snugli or stroller. Sounds like I'm trying to talk myself into it doesn't it? I hate to tell my kids they have to wait 20 months to cruise again. Especially now that everything is going to change for them so much.

It probably wouldn't be bad with an infant,especially since you are talking about getting 2 rooms. That way the older two could be in one and you, DH and baby could be in the other. Late night feedings wouldn't disturb the older ones then. The Eastern beaches are great. That wouldn't be hard to do with a little one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter