Early check-in at Grand Floridian

chinhk

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We will be staying at the Grand Floridian after a 3 nights cruise on the Disney Dream. We will arrive back at the Port by 07:30 so I'm guessing we will be at the GF latest by noon or perhaps even earlier. I don't expect they will let us check in so early but will they be able to at least issue us new room keys and park tickets so that we can drop off our luggage at the concierge and go to the park?
We have booked the cruise and resort stay separately, hence I assume we need a new room card when we get to GF (as i know if you book cruise/stay package, you will only be issued one room card and that covers the entire stay).

You can check in when you get there. It is possible for your room to be ready, but if it isn' t, they'll direct you to leave your bags with Bell Services. You will be able to get your package components and your key cards for your GF stay. If the room isn't ready, they'll instruct you to call later or they'll text you when it's ready.

As PP mentioned you can get tickets and leave luggage. Depending upon time of year and how busy the hotel is your room may be ready. Our room has been ready as early as 9am and as late as 4pm so it just depends.

Thanks for the feedback. We are travelling in Sept and it will be a sunday when we check-in. Great if the rooms are ready early but its not the end of the world if we have to wait.

Actually with the new computer system, the computers roll over at 7:00 am.

Every year, I have to check in twice, because my first day is always blacked out with the discounts.

I get to the check-in area about 6:55 am and just wait a few minutes for the computers to roll over to obtain my package.

Another silly question... If GF let us check-in early in the morning, I have the deluxe dining plan included so can I also assume that I can use it for lunch straightaway that day? or will I be only able to start using the dining credits after 3PM on my check-in day?

chinhk said:
Another silly question... If GF let us check-in early in the morning, I have the deluxe dining plan included so can I also assume that I can use it for lunch straightaway that day?

Yup!

Not sure about the dining credits since we never use the plan...

But we did the same thing (but at the Poly) after our first DCL cruise. Checked in by 10am. If the room isn't ready, bell services will hold your bags until it is, and they will text you when the room is ready. If you are lucky, the room will be ready (ours was, but I wouldn't count on it).

Have a great cruise and enjoy the GF!:)

As soon as you are checked in you can use any of the components of your package (tickets, dining plan, coupons, etc)

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter