Early birthday celebration?

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone has ever celebrated a birthday onboard early? When we cruised last time, the day that we set sail was the DH's birthday, so it was a given that we would celebrate onboard. However, this year, his birthday will be the day AFTER we disembark. I was just wondering if maybe DCL would still celebrate with him even though his birthday doesn't actually fall while we are sailing. I just thought that it would be something nice to do for him.
TIA for any thoughts/past experiences!

UGAFan0829 said:
I was just wondering if anyone has ever celebrated a birthday onboard early? When we cruised last time, the day that we set sail was the DH's birthday, so it was a given that we would celebrate onboard. However, this year, his birthday will be the day AFTER we disembark. I was just wondering if maybe DCL would still celebrate with him even though his birthday doesn't actually fall while we are sailing. I just thought that it would be something nice to do for him.
TIA for any thoughts/past experiences!

Yes, our first cruise was in March..My sons Birthday had just passed, and my daughters was a few weeks away, we celebrated both...Could not do one without the other...The staff was great with it, we had cakes 2 different nights...We did have to remind them, and remind them.. :)

mommasita said:
Yes, our first cruise was in March..My sons Birthday had just passed, and my daughters was a few weeks away, we celebrated both...Could not do one without the other...The staff was great with it, we had cakes 2 different nights...We did have to remind them, and remind them.. :)

Our first cruise was three weeks before our DD's 13th birthday, we did celebrate her birthday on Formal Night and she said doing that really made that first cruise, very special for her.

Our 2nd DCL cruise was for DW's 40th b'day, but logistics, calendar, etc., made embarkation two and a half weeks later...it was not a problem, the dining staff never blinked in taking us at our word that the cruise was to celebrate DW's birthday.

Our most recent cruise was about the same 2 1/2 weeks after DS's birthday, but was really scheduled to coincide w/ spring break. No matter--our wonderful server, ***'t server and head server team decided by themselves to celebrate DS's recent birthday and brought out a cake for him (I do think it was an extra, and they liked him and so brought it to us, and perhaps just luck that they were close to his b'day, but in any event...)

I'm sure many of the occasions celebrated on-board don't tie in exactly with the dates of the cruise--don't worry, enjoy your celebration cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter