Early am ADR/do you drive?

ejrj

DIS Veteran
If you are staying onsite and have an early am ADR (character breakfast) at another resort, do you usually drive there? And I know you can only leave your car at Poly for three hours but what about non mono rail hotels? TIA.

We drive to our ADR and then drive to the park we are going to for the day (you cannot park at any resort unless you are a guest for more than 3 hours unless you do valet).

The buses run early and we've never had an issue with getting there on time. We drove once to AK because we were going off site after our park day, and we couldn't get in the lot.

We have taken a bus which was a little stressful. We were given a few different times we could expect to see it out front. It came later then expected. We still made it on time.

We took a cab the next time.

We have never driven just because we do not want to have to deal with a car.

I don't understand those who said they took buses because the OP is talking about resort to resort, where there is no direct bus transportation. You could only use buses if you were willing to add in another method of transportation (walking, boat, monorail) and most of that could be very iffy in the early morning for making a breakfast reservation.

I think the cab is a great idea - small investment for a big payoff of no stress.

Thanks. Are most Disney cabs minivans? Also, what about little ones in regard to safety? Our family is me, DH, DD 4 and twin 2 yo DDs. Hmmm. The more I type the more I'm thinking my answer is my car. I was hoping that wasn't the case because I really don't like the idea of car-breakfast at another resort-car back to our resort-and then bus to park. I really liked the notion of starting our day directly after breakfast. I guess I was hoping you would all tell me that I could park all day at a NON monorail hotel!

Thanks. Are most Disney cabs minivans? Also, what about little ones in regard to safety? Our family is me, DH, DD 4 and twin 2 yo DDs. Hmmm. The more I type the more I'm thinking my answer is my car. I was hoping that wasn't the case because I really don't like the idea of car-breakfast at another resort-car back to our resort-and then bus to park. I really liked the notion of starting our day directly after breakfast. I guess I was hoping you would all tell me that I could park all day at a NON monorail hotel!

Sorry you can't leave you car at a resort all day unless you are staying there (well maybe SOME resort that had tons of parking like SSR - but even there they are going to ask you why you are there and what business you have there).

At Disney, cabs are cabs (they are Mears cabs), you can get a taxi van on request. I think most/many have car seats, but probably not all.

But if you want to drive yourself, I wouldn't drive back to your resort and then take a bus to a park. I would drive to breakfast, then drive to the parking lot of the park you're going to and drive back to the resort at the end of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter