• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

early ADR and hours changed

mmorris72

Mouseketeer
So it looks like they changed the hours for the wk we will be there. Our reservations for CP are at 8:15 (the park opened at 9 when I booked), now MK opens at 8 that day. So much for pictures on main street before the crowds : ( I'm thinking they aren't going to let us in before opening now right? What would of best plan of action be?

. . . I'm thinking they aren't going to let us in before opening now right? What would of best plan of action be? . . .

1) Highly doubtful for an early entry.
2) The early entry is meant to get you to the ADR, not for taking pictures.
. . . the 15-min, or so, early entry allows you to walk to the ADR
. . . you can get photos along the way, but this is not the reason for early entry
3) I am not sure what you mean by "best plan of action"?
4) If you mean photos, there is none.
5) Besides, not a major loss if not time for photos.
6) Other than that, you need to be more specific.

Thank you for your "response". I am FULLY aware that the early ADR's are not for getting pictures.

I would just look for an earlier reservation and hope to get lucky. They may have released more reservations for earlier times since the park is open earlier. Monitor the cancelled reservations thread. Sorry that happened, it's frustrating when plans get messed up!

Best plan of action if your reservation is to experience the restaurant: move it back to mid-morning.
Best plan of action if your orimary goal is to take pictures: cancel.
Best advice overall: dont be so rude toward posters whose answers you don't like, asnone of us know what a thread-starter knows or doesn't know.

Best plan of action if your reservation is to experience the restaurant: move it back to mid-morning.
Best plan of action if your orimary goal is to take pictures: cancel.
Best advice overall: dont be so rude toward posters whose answers you don't like, asnone of us know what a thread-starter knows or doesn't know.

I wasn't being rude. I NEVER said my goal was to take pictures. This is NOT my first trip to DW. And you should practice what you preach about being rude. Now I know what other groups are talking about when it comes to this group. WOW.

Wow that stinks that they changed the hours! I would either (a) look for an early ADR on another day or (b) push your ADR back to mid morning

So it looks like they changed the hours for the wk we will be there. Our reservations for CP are at 8:15 (the park opened at 9 when I booked), now MK opens at 8 that day. So much for pictures on main street before the crowds : ( I'm thinking they aren't going to let us in before opening now right? What would of best plan of action be?

:confused3not sure the problem? You mentioned the pictures, not anyone else

Since the park is open 15 min prior to your ADR, no you won't get in early

The pp gave you your options, sorry you took exception. I did not see it as being rude at all.

Up to you if you want to spend the time at a sit down now that the park hours have changed. My party would make other plans :goodvibes

Good luck

I would cancel that ressie and bump it to around 10am so you can still smash the buffet. Get quality riding time in then eat..

the pre-park pics are cool but its still a pain to get photos without people in them and once there is one random person in the pic it might as well be 400 lol.. if you want to try empty park pics though maybe try doing rope drop, eat at Crystal Palace at 10am, ride a few more rides, head back to the resort for a solid nap and then return in the evening and have a good time til the park closes.. Xmas at night in MK is beautiful.

I wasn't being rude. I NEVER said my goal was to take pictures. This is NOT my first trip to DW. And you should practice what you preach about being rude. Now I know what other groups are talking about when it comes to this group. WOW.
sorry but you did come off as rude. And you certainly did say your goal was to take pictures. Read your post again.

I would just look for an earlier reservation and hope to get lucky. They may have released more reservations for earlier times since the park is open earlier. Monitor the cancelled reservations thread. Sorry that happened, it's frustrating when plans get messed up!
Monitoring the cancelled reservations thread is useless if you can't get an ADR online. It's rather frustrating.

Edit: I've highlighted the part where you asked about pictures....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter