Early Admission (MM/EMH/APEE) Super Thread

Hydroguy..when you got to the park(in line) at 6:20am, where did you park or how did you arrive?
On that day we were staying at the BWPPI on Harbor so we walked over.

Your larger question about arrival is a good one. When we were there DLR opened the parking garage 30 minutes before MM started and on non-MM days they opened it 60 minutes before regular park hours. If you drive you can still work with that if you have a group. A good drop off place is the small lot on Harbor just south of the DLR entrance. There is 15 minute parking there. We pull in there, drop everyone off so they can get in line, and then I take the car and park. Then I rejoin the group in line. You can arrive as early as you want to do this. But if it is an MM day you have to be on your toes because you need to be sure to get back to the DL gates before the park opens and you only have 30 minutes. That sounds like a lot, but if you add up all the pieces of paying the toll, parking, walking to the tram, etc., it can take 30 minutes.

On that day we were staying at the BWPPI on Harbor so we walked over.

Your larger question about arrival is a good one. When we were there DLR opened the parking garage 30 minutes before MM started and on non-MM days they opened it 60 minutes before regular park hours. If you drive you can still work with that if you have a group. A good drop off place is the small lot on Harbor just south of the DLR entrance. There is 15 minute parking there. We pull in there, drop everyone off so they can get in line, and then I take the car and park. Then I rejoin the group in line. You can arrive as early as you want to do this. But if it is an MM day you have to be on your toes because you need to be sure to get back to the DL gates before the park opens and you only have 30 minutes. That sounds like a lot, but if you add up all the pieces of paying the toll, parking, walking to the tram, etc., it can take 30 minutes.

The other complication is if there is a huge line of cars also waiting to get into the parking garage. If MM opens at 8 and the parking garage doesn't open until 7:30, you may not even get parked until almost 8 if there are 30 cars in front of you.

Hi, I've been reading this thread and can't find what I need to know, and I tried a search, but I guess I don't know the right keywords :confused3
We are leaving Carousel at 615 on MM, so should be at gates before a lot of the crowds we hope. But, where do we actually go (never been there)? Are there special gates for MM? And is there one that is the best for going to FL? And do you go through security at 7am when they open or have you already gone through and are just waiting at the gates? Thanks!

Hi, I've been reading this thread and can't find what I need to know, and I tried a search, but I guess I don't know the right keywords :confused3
We are leaving Carousel at 615 on MM, so should be at gates before a lot of the crowds we hope. But, where do we actually go (never been there)? Are there special gates for MM? And is there one that is the best for going to FL? And do you go through security at 7am when they open or have you already gone through and are just waiting at the gates? Thanks!
If MM is at 7AM what will happen is that at the security check a not too short but not too long line will develop before 6:30AM. Then at about 6:30 - may change day to day - they will start allowing people thru security to the DL gates.

At that point, you just go to the regular DL gates and line up. No special gates for MM. Some gates will be open that day and some not - usually all the odd numbered or even numbered gates. There are usually CMs there on the other side to guide you and if you are first you should make sure you line up at a gate which will in fact open at 7AM. If you are not first then you will just get in an existing line.

There is no better gate for going to FL. Any gate is roughly equivalent IMO. Once thru the gates you will have to go thru either the left tunnel or right tunnel similar to MK. Some will say that the left tunnel is better because there are stroller rentals near the right tunnel that clog things up a bit. We never pay attention to that. We just go thru whichever tunnel is closest to our gate. Then you are onto Main Street and it is a straight shot to FL.

If MM is at 7AM what will happen is that at the security check a not too short but not too long line will develop before 6:30AM. Then at about 6:30 - may change day to day - they will start allowing people thru security to the DL gates.

At that point, you just go to the regular DL gates and line up. No special gates for MM. Some gates will be open that day and some not - usually all the odd numbered or even numbered gates. There are usually CMs there on the other side to guide you and if you are first you should make sure you line up at a gate which will in fact open at 7AM. If you are not first then you will just get in an existing line.

There is no better gate for going to FL. Any gate is roughly equivalent IMO. Once thru the gates you will have to go thru either the left tunnel or right tunnel similar to MK. Some will say that the left tunnel is better because there are stroller rentals near the right tunnel that clog things up a bit. We never pay attention to that. We just go thru whichever tunnel is closest to our gate. Then you are onto Main Street and it is a straight shot to FL.

Thank you! Great info!! :cool1:

Love this thread. Well, I guess I just learn the MM days or not on the days posted on the DL website. That sort of changes my whole plan.

We will be staying the the GCH and I don't think we can make it to the gates at 6:30 for the 7AM MM mornings on the Saturday and Sunday we will be there. Do you think it is still worth it if you get to the gates at 7:30? I was really looking forward to the MM on Monday when the gates didn't open until 10AM. We will be leaving Tuesday morning. Oh well.

Yes, even if you don't expect to get there before opening on MM, you will still get a jump on those who are not using MM.

Yes, even if you don't expect to get there before opening on MM, you will still get a jump on those who are not using MM.

Agreed. With 15 - 30 min. of MM, i wouldn't waste it at PP or Nemo. (it will eat up the whole time.)

I'd do Buzz, SM....&/or Alice/Toadie/Matterhorn/Teacups etc.

:thumbsup2 ..thanks for starting this thread.

..ok hydro guy..are you thirsty for more...:confused:

first thing first, are you near..colorado springs...used to live
there @ the academy..in the 70's. go falcons!

..next, i am not the planner...so all of this stuff is way over my
head...:scared: ,* my job is to complain..when things don't go
right..[according to my wife ].

...* this is the first time..we are dragging all our kiddies..with us
to disneyland...[ not since the 70's ]....& will be staying @ the
disneyland hotel. we are doing the pc cruise back to fla., so
we only have one day ..@ disneyland. we doing it thru "triple a"...
but does mean we get to "sneak"..in early ?

what this toon town stuff..is it opened before or after the early
hour? is it worth going...our sons...are in college, & have made
it clear..they don't want to be doing character stuff...but our
daughter likes...mickey.

do we need to go to a different area?....& do they do a rope drop
near...mickey?

are they dressed up in the blue outfits?

can i send them off to gather fast passes...while we meeting mickey
or is that not allowed?

are any the places..opened for snacks/breakfast rolls inside the park?

* my boys were on the old sub. ride....but our daughter was born way
passed ...its closure....for tradition , i sure like to get them all together,
on it...so if we do the toon town thingy....would it be worth it after
it opened or before?

does "pal mickey", from wdw..works..@ disneyland?

should we take the monorail ?

do they allow pics-taking of the mickey head..in front of the park before
opening?....& can we get out line..if one of us holding our place?

what does fl stands for?

thanks.

:thumbsup2 ..thanks for starting this thread.

..next, i am not the planner...so all of this stuff is way over my
head...:scared: ,* my job is to complain..when things don't go
right..[according to my wife ].

1..* this is the first time..we are dragging all our kiddies..with us
to disneyland...[ not since the 70's ]....& will be staying @ the
disneyland hotel. we are doing the pc cruise back to fla., so

2what this toon town stuff..is it opened before or after the early
hour? is it worth going...our sons...are in college, & have made
it clear..they don't want to be doing character stuff...but our
daughter likes...mickey.

3do we need to go to a different area?....& do they do a rope drop
near...mickey?

4are they dressed up in the blue outfits?

5can i send them off to gather fast passes...while we meeting mickey
or is that not allowed?

6are any the places..opened for snacks/breakfast rolls inside the park?

7* my boys were on the old sub. ride....but our daughter was born way
it opened or before?

8does "pal mickey", from wdw..works..@ disneyland?

9should we take the monorail ?

10do they allow pics-taking of the mickey head..in front of the park before

11what does fl stands for?

Wow that's a lot of questions:

1. "Sneak in" sounds so kniving. All you have to do is show them a white slip of paper (Called a charge slip that they give you at check-in) and they will allow you into the park an hour before official park opening. It's not like you're beating the system. But make sure that it is a Magic Morning day. Only Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday are Magic Morning days. On other days, everyone gets in at the same time.

2. Toontown Morning Madness only comes with packages. Since you're only staying 1 night, I don't think you are buying a package. So info on it is irrelevant. Basically what it is, is they let people who buy the packages in to Toontown (only) an hour before it opens (because TT usually opens an hour after official park openign). TTMM is only on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.

3. Mickey's House is located in Toontown. Because you don't have TTMM, TT for you will open an hour after official park opening

4. Blue outfits?

5. Go ahead and use others who don't want to meet Mickey to go grab some FPs. That's a good idea.

6. Yes there are places in the park open for breakfast, however I STRONGLY suggest NOT eating breakfast in the park. It's more expensive (than eating out of the park) and it wastes your morning (most important time for short lines) park touring time. Buy muffins or bagels and then eat them at the entrance while waiting for the park to open, or eat them in your hotel room before you leave.

7. Nemo has a huge pull first thing in the morning. So unless you are at the very front of the pack, I'd say wait until evening when lines are shorter.

8. No

9. No, walking is better because usually you are allowed into the park earlier than the monorail guests arrive. However taking the monorail back to the hotel is efficient.

10. Yes they do

11. Fantasyland

Yes, we are near the Air Force Academy. As the crow flies maybe 10 miles away.

FWIW, you might get more responses to all of your general questions here if you created your own post rather than including it in this Magic Morning thread. :)

I will take a crack at some of your questions. And just to be clear, it was DLR29 who started this thread and not me.

...* this is the first time..we are dragging all our kiddies..with us to disneyland...[ not since the 70's ]....& will be staying @ the disneyland hotel. we are doing the pc cruise back to fla., so
If you read the original post in this thread this question is answered. If your one day visit is on a Sun/Tue/Thurs/Sat you can get in for the Magic Morning if you are staying at the DL Hotel.

what this toon town stuff..is it opened before or after the early hour? is it worth going...our sons...are in college, & have made it clear..they don't want to be doing character stuff...but our daughter likes...mickey.
If you mean ToonTown Morning Madness, you should read the origianl post where it explains what this is about. ToonTown itself is kind of a cute area. I have never liked TT very much myself and it is more for young children. If your daughter wants to see Mickey then he has a "house" here where she can see him.

do we need to go to a different area?....& do they do a rope drop
near...mickey?

are they dressed up in the blue outfits?
Not sure what you are talking about here.

can i send them off to gather fast passes...while we meeting mickey
or is that not allowed?
Yes.

are any the places..opened for snacks/breakfast rolls inside the park?
Yes, lots.

* my boys were on the old sub. ride....but our daughter was born way
it opened or before?
The Finding Nemo Sub ride has had long lines since it opened. If you cannot go on it first thing it would be better to wait until later in the day as the lines tend to die out.

does "pal mickey", from wdw..works..@ disneyland?
No idea.

should we take the monorail ?
Personally I think it is better to walk to the parks in the morning than take the monorail. You may want to use the monorail later in the day though.

do they allow pics-taking of the mickey head..in front of the park before
If you mean the flow Mickey head, yes you can take pictures. Not sure what line you want to a hold a place for. Once you are into the area where the Mickey head is there is no line left.

what does fl stands for?
Fantasyland.

See DLR Abbreviations List - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1520784

:wizard: , thanks for all the responses, :flower3:

first things first, sorry for the overload, :flower3:

...& missing the orginal poster. :flower3:

* i was reading several threads, & decided to seek answers here,
cos...this was the "area" i had the most questions about. and
this thread had the most insights.

...i did read the begining..& iam still not sure...i think it means
you can get in early if you're staying @ a disneyland hotel...
but not the other ? [ the ttmm]...however, i 've been reading on
another thread where others are donating their tickets?

:flower3: ...when i made the refernce to sneaking..i was "posting
out loud" . that is, in the past, when we had early crt reses @
wdw, there was a certain gate you entered before the park opened,
& some of the crowd ...gave....":mad: " looks.

we are disney visa holder..& i saw on the picture site...some, getting
their pics..with mickey & minnie wearing blue clothing...i think
for the dreams promotional...& wonder if they were from disneyland?

* so is this the only area..to find mickey? [ we sorta like to have our
picture..with him.]

another area of confusion..was reading on different threads...suggesting

"not"..to do the sub. ride..in the "early "...hour..but instead fl
[ fantasy land...which i read also here after starting my questions.]

now, that's why..i mentioned...my older sons...& getting a pic. @ the
subs..for prosperity [ :grouphug: ]. but if one waits..until the end
of the day...then you will be giving up watching the fantasic show?
and if we split up...finding everyone...might be a gamble?

one of our "problem"..is matching up..as there is a "15 years differnce
between our sons & daughter. so scheduling is an ongoing...:headache:

...line questions....were trying to get a feel on what others were
doing...as not to bring out the worst....in others. :umbrella:

then there is "my motivation"...as noted, i am not the planner, so
if make suggestions...that are not...correct...there will be feed back!

thnanks, for answering...:thumbsup2

Yes, Mickey and Minnie do wear their blue "dream" outfits at Disneyland. We have pics of them as well as Goofy in those outfits. They were taken on Main Street at the place where the characters are for photos and autographs.:)

...i did read the begining..& iam still not sure...i think it means
you can get in early if you're staying @ a disneyland hotel...
but not the other ? [ the ttmm]...however, i 've been reading on
another thread where others are donating their tickets?

The only way to get TTMM is by purchasing a package (that is hotel and tickets all in one instead of buying separately). They don't have one day packages so I don't think you bought a package. However there is a thread here in which people who didn't use their TTMM vouchers, give them away to fellow DISBoard members. Magic Mornings (getting in an hour early) is available to all onsite guests including guests of the DLH.

another area of confusion..was reading on different threads...suggesting

"not"..to do the sub. ride..in the "early "...hour..but instead fl
[ fantasy land...which i read also here after starting my questions.]

now, that's why..i mentioned...my older sons...& getting a pic. @ the
subs..for prosperity [ ]. but if one waits..until the end
of the day...then you will be giving up watching the fantasic show?
and if we split up...finding everyone...might be a gamble?

Assuming that Fantasmic is showing (nightly during busy periods and weekends only during lower seasons), you shouldn't miss it. With that being said, Nemo lines die down close to early evening (6PM possibly) and stay somewhat low until closing. Keep in mind there are also two Fantasmic shows (9:00 and 10:30), so riding Nemo at night shouldn't interfere.

:wizard: ..thanks..disneyfan4ever54...so iam taking it is done on a schedule?
..neat...[ so we need to ask the day @ the park?] ....

he,he, he, if we're lucky..we might be able to have all our kids together,
without causing to much of a disturbance or..:scared:

& if so... maybe we can skip the toon time thing..pending approval -

[ my wife & lil'princess: ]. * we're not going until august..& the line
for the tickets are pretty long..so i go & add...until..i can figure out
..either way.

dear dLr29, thanks for being so patient, :flower3: . have you ever taken
your kids to the early "toon town" opening? if so what the big draw? and iam
guessing?...since it's a separate event......then one must have a"second"
ticket..if they wish to attend..the toon town? [ one jus can't walk in even
though they're already in the park--do they check , like for tickets?]

..as for the new sub ride....we're be going on a saturday, august 16th,
the day before the cruise...do you think..it will still be tampering off around
6pm? do you know the typical wait times..in the evening?

...one factor..is how much "jet lag"..we will be experiencing..flying out
around 7pm, the day before...& not getting to the disneyland hotel
around ....11pm. then getting up @ 6am..will be like getting up @ 3am
our time. we have no idea ...what to expect...:eek:

wow..thanks for the 2-show..reminder..i didn't even considered that.
the 1030 sound like the best route..* but we could "wear out"..before
hand. also i read something about...a tower or something..that they
take down..& is the place to watch it?..is that true?

thanks, again...your info., has been very valuable...:flower3:

..i seldom..help with any planning, however,i did one surprise...back
in 2004..@ crt....for my wife. i made a special autograph book..pretending
it was for our daughter...but it was all about her & our "babies"....sorta
modify version..of "this is your life"...hoping the girls~princesses would
catch ..the meanings..well, the first..didn't...but the young snow white,
went "goo~goo" over it...& called all the rest over..to share...with my
lil'wife as the center of attention. before leaving..snow white whispered
to our daughter....how lucky..she was ...to have such a wonderful
mother...* never in a million years..thinking...it was her daddy,:rolleyes1

...i said nothing until outside..honey?, i noticed you didn't bother to correct
snow white 's error? she didn't say anything, except reach down and
squeeze..my hand. now you would have to know..my wife..to fully
appricate...her lil'act of affection. :hug:

funny thing..reading these boards..back in 76' , @wdw i brought a
post card..of the haunted manison..i never noticed..but it has the
paddle ship mark twain, from disneyland....floating by.

:lmao: Sorry, but I don't have kids! I'm only 15! :rotfl2:

I have never gone to TTMM because I would rather be riding the major rides/attractions during the less busy time of the day, morning. I think your best bet at trying to see Mickey with little wait is either right at 9AM (which might be a little crowded because people with the separate tickets will already be there) or later in the day around 7PM or so (however Toontown closes earlier than the rest of the park, so check it's closing time so that you don't go too late)

..as for the new sub ride....we're be going on a saturday, august 16th,
the day before the cruise...do you think..it will still be tampering off around
6pm? do you know the typical wait times..in the evening?

It's hard to say because last August the lines didn't slow down all day, but that was because the ride was brand new; however we don't know how the lines will be a year after its opening. I would guess that the line in the morning will be 60-90 min and by late afternoon/evening it will be down to 30-45. So I do think it will die down, but not to extremely short.

...one factor..is how much "jet lag"..we will be experiencing..flying out
around 7pm, the day before...& not getting to the disneyland hotel
around ....11pm. then getting up @ 6am..will be like getting up @ 3am
our time. we have no idea ...what to expect..

That sounds very rough, but the only way that you will beat the crowds is by arriving early. You will be tired, but you'll be at DL so I think you'll just be happy to be there.

wow..thanks for the 2-show..reminder..i didn't even considered that.
the 1030 sound like the best route..* but we could "wear out"..before
hand. also i read something about...a tower or something..that they
take down..& is the place to watch it?..is that true?

With your jet lag, it is quite possible that you wear out, but if not, the 10:30 show is always less crowded. I'm not sure of the tower thing.

lil Grumpy, the time change works in your favor.

If you get up at 6am in CAL, it will be 9am in Ohio. The challenge (imo) will be getting to the DLH at 11pm (it will be 2am in Ohio). But....if the kiddos sleep on the plane &/or bus (since it will be way past their bed time), then getting them up at 6am the next day should be a snap.

You on the other hand....might be dragging. :lmao:

What is the suggested riding order for FL rides during MM? The people I'm helping want to hit Peter Pan and Dumbo for sure...and maybe more than once...

Thanks!

What is the suggested riding order for FL rides during MM? The people I'm helping want to hit Peter Pan and Dumbo for sure...and maybe more than once...

Thanks!

The main consensus around here is:

1. Peter Pan (always first) x2?
2. Dumbo
3. Matterhorn/Alice/Mr. Toad
4. Mad Tea Party/King Arthur Carousel
5. Pinocchio/Snow White (both you don't have to do during MM, as their lines are seldom long)

In August when I used MM, we got PP, Mr. Toad, Alice, Matterhorn (FL side), Pinocchio, Mad Tea Party and Snow White all done in about 35-45 min. Then we lined up for the Frontierland rope drop and got 2 consecutive BTMRR rides in 15 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter