• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Earliest Flight upon disembarkation?

Kritter: Call Delta back and ask for a better flight.....maybe they have a better connection leaving a little later. I really think that 11:00 is just a little early, especially with all the security issues at the airport now.

We always fly AA so we alway check our luggage and get our boarding passes at the port. This way we don't have to do it at the airport. The only stipulation is that your flight can't leave no earlier than noon.
There was one time our flight left at 11:30. We could get our boarding passes at the port but we had to check in our luggage at the airport because they said it wouldn't get there in time.
Also if you have early dinner rotation you will get early breakfast.

kritter said:
Interested in this topic as Delta has just moved my flight to a 11:06 now..this was not my orginal time..but what can I do they moved it on me????

Call the airline. AA did the opposite to us for our December cruise. We were booked on a 2:45 flight which they canceled and they moved us to a 7PM flight. I called AA and they moved us to a 1:30 flight with no change fee.

Tinkerme1 said:
Kritter: Call Delta back and ask for a better flight.....maybe they have a better connection leaving a little later. I really think that 11:00 is just a little early, especially with all the security issues at the airport now.

I did and they were going to charge me to switch and it is a nondirect flight and it leave at 7:30 at night..... We would not get home till after midnight...!!!!!!

kritter said:
I did and they were going to charge me to switch and it is a nondirect flight and it leave at 7:30 at night..... We would not get home till after midnight...!!!!!!

If they switched your time they should not charge you to change the flight. I would call back and ask for a manager if you get the same response. I had my flight changed 5 times already by Delta and I even asked for a different destination and they gave it to me without charge. They are not allowed to charge you to request a change if they have changed a "Confirmed" flight. I would definitely call back, you might have gotten a misinformed agent. When they changed my flight to an earlier time I asked them if I could get a different connection destination (changed from Cinncinati to Atlanta) and they did it, no questions asked. Try again.

msr709 said:
If they switched your time they should not charge you to change the flight. I would call back and ask for a manager if you get the same response. I had my flight changed 5 times already by Delta and I even asked for a different destination and they gave it to me without charge. They are not allowed to charge you to request a change if they have changed a "Confirmed" flight. I would definitely call back, you might have gotten a misinformed agent. When they changed my flight to an earlier time I asked them if I could get a different connection destination (changed from Cinncinati to Atlanta) and they did it, no questions asked. Try again.

Thanks will doo.....

We have cruised four times with Disney, our last trip was two weeks ago on the Wonder. We book a flight as close to 12 noon as possible. Every time we have cruised we have left the ship between 7 & 8am. We have arrived at the airport and returned our car and have been able to get on an earlier flight every time. Last year we even got on the 9am flight. This year I left the port and dropped my wife and youngest son off at Wilderness Lodge then drove back to the airport and caught the 11am flight.

Ipaythemouse said:
We have cruised four times with Disney, our last trip was two weeks ago on the Wonder. We book a flight as close to 12 noon as possible. Every time we have cruised we have left the ship between 7 & 8am. We have arrived at the airport and returned our car and have been able to get on an earlier flight every time. Last year we even got on the 9am flight. This year I left the port and dropped my wife and youngest son off at Wilderness Lodge then drove back to the airport and caught the 11am flight.

We have an 11:00 am flight out after our cruise in October. We too left the ship last time before 8 am and I am glad that this time we have an early flight home. When my vacation is done it's done and all I want is to get back home. We travel frequently and find that we almost always could have taken an earlier flight than we originally booked. I understand we may be cutting it close. I'll take the chance and if it doesn't work out, oh well, we will eventually get home.

When I picked up my friend in July she was one of the very first off the ship and it was 8:50am. Would really be pushing an 11am flight. When we sailed two weeks ago we ate breakfast at 7:45am, in and out really quickly and at 8:25am the ship had just been cleared. IMO 11am is too early.

Ipaythemouse said:

WOw you srue did make great time..I am not worried at all.....

My SWA flight is 11am and while we are not going to be taking our time, I think we'll be fine. (We have the towncar scheduled for 8am again.) The last cruise, we could have made the 10am flight. It can be done.

kritter said:
WOw you srue did make great time..I am not worried at all.....

No worries Kritter! Just think we'll be home (east coast gals) by 2:00 :thumbsup2

I'm sure for others it's a stressful thought to push an 11:00 am flight but it's the way I booked it and I'm confident from past experiences we'll be just fine. If by chance something goes awry then we'll just roll with it :smooth: It's a gamble I'll take.

Luckymommyx2 said:
My SWA flight is 11am and while we are not going to be taking our time, I think we'll be fine. (We have the towncar scheduled for 8am again.) The last cruise, we could have made the 10am flight. It can be done.

See Princess I think we will be fine.....

We have done two disney cruises and both times we've made it to the airport by 10 am the latest. Actually today we just got off the magic and had a flight at 1240pm. Anyway, due to us having late seating we had breakfast at eight am and got off the ship by nine am. We arrived at orlando airport at 955am and waited in the security line for 5 mins. As you can see I do not think you will have any problem making that flight time especially if you book with delta, american, continental and the a few other airlines which allow you to check your baggage right at the dcl terminal. Also, you can opt to skip breakfast in the dining room and get a bite to eat at the buffet and then be off the ship by 8am.

Good luck and you wont regret sailing with DCL. :goodvibes

PS we took disney cruise line transfer buses also :cheer2:

Luckymommyx2 said:
(We have the towncar scheduled for 8am again.)

If you don't mind me asking... how much does a towncar from DCL to MCO airport cost? Or do you fly out of Melbourne?

I just returned from 7 day cruise Saturday. Got off the ship at 7:30 am, waited for Enterprise rental car shuttle until 8 am, drove to Merrit Island on shuttle, picked up rental car, returned to ship to pick up family and luggage, left for airport, arrived MCO at 10:00 am.

Check-in and security was a breeze. Wait time under 10 mins. Which was not so good for me since our flight was 1 pm (so had 2.5 hours to kill).

The airport is only 40 miles from port. Some people on board had 11 am flights. Guest services did not seem worried about them making it. I suppose they were on Disney buses.

So...IMHO you can make an 11 am flight. If it were me I'd rent a car and park it at cruise terminal so its there as soon as you off ship, or I'd take DIsney bus. You can also check your luggage for plane at the port. Disembark at 7:30 am (skip breakfast). Good luck.

Thansk for the advice...Can you tell me more about where I would check my luggage athe port for my return fligt home..thanks...

We didn't check our luggage at port because Guest Sevices said the airlines only took luggage for people that had flights BEFORE 11 am (since there were a limited number of trucks). I'm not exactly sure of the process. I think you just ask a porter to take your luggage to the airline check-in at port when you disembark and claim your luggage. You go with the porter, show your ID to airline personnel, etc. Its all done at the port, then you can grab your car (or bus) and drive to airport.

If you are renting a car I strongly suggest you rent from a company that allows returns on-site (at the airport parking garage). I used Enterprise and their return facility was a couple miles away from airport which required me to drop off and take their shuttle to airport. If you are pressed for time you don't need that hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter