earliest flight time after cruise?

pgsahm2

<font color=darkorchid>I was thinking maybe I was
I need to book our flights for our trip in February. What time do you have to be off of the ship once it arrives at port? And what is the earliest time recommended for a flight out of Orlando airport?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

The earliest flight that we have taken was noon. I am VERY HAPPY that we didn't have an earlier flight.

The earliest flight that we have taken was noon. I am VERY HAPPY that we didn't have an earlier flight.

did you feel rushed to get off the ship very early in order to make the noon flight??? We have a 12:50 flight home and I am unsure of what time we should try to get off the ship. We will be renting a car from Avis, so I figure that should take about 45 minutes to have DH shuttle over there, rent the car and come back to the terminal to get us and the luggage. Then I figure it's about a 50 - 60 minute drive to MCO ~ I like to get to MCO early due to the long security lines. I am figuring to get off the ship by 8:30.

So I'm guessing anything after noon would be fine. Then we wouldn't be rushed to get off the ship immediately upon docking. I'm looking at a 6:30 pm flight. Is that TOO late? Would we have anything to do once we get to the airport? I've never flown before so I'm not sure what to expect.

So I'm guessing anything after noon would be fine. Then we wouldn't be rushed to get off the ship immediately upon docking. I'm looking at a 6:30 pm flight. Is that TOO late? Would we have anything to do once we get to the airport? I've never flown before so I'm not sure what to expect.

unless you plan to visit someplace before going to MCO, I would think 6:30 is too late. I believe DCL wants everyone off the ship around 9:00 so they can get it ready for the next group of passengers coming on that day around noon. So if you leave the ship around 9:00, you should arrive to MCO around 10:00 - 10:30. That's an awfully long time to sit around the airport especially with little ones. There is some shopping, but not enough to keep you occupied for 8 hours. Some people have reported getting a day room at the MCO Hyatt if they have a late flight home. You could use the room for relaxing or go to the pool etc before checking in at the airport.

Are you renting a car? You could visit Kennedy Space Center or Downtown Disney before heading to MCO.

did you feel rushed to get off the ship very early in order to make the noon flight??? We have a 12:50 flight home and I am unsure of what time we should try to get off the ship. We will be renting a car from Avis, so I figure that should take about 45 minutes to have DH shuttle over there, rent the car and come back to the terminal to get us and the luggage. Then I figure it's about a 50 - 60 minute drive to MCO ~ I like to get to MCO early due to the long security lines. I am figuring to get off the ship by 8:30.

We also have a 12:50 flight this Feb. I have researched it a lot, and I am not worried anymore. DCL recommends that flight times be 12:30 or after so we should be fine.

My family & I got off the Magic on 12/2. We had early dining so our breakfast was scheduled for 6:30am and we were off the ship with our bags in hand at the curb waiting for our car service by 8:00am (DCL wants you off by 9:00). You're about 45 minutes to 1 hour away from the airport so I think a noon flight should be fine. Debarkation was a pleasure on DCL. I've been on other cruise lines where it was a nightmare. Enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!