Earliest Flight after cruise

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
I know this has been discussed several times, but since there seem to be so many airport delays late, I was wondering what everyone felt was the earliest flight time they would comfortably book.

I think the bigger problem is coming, as in the air port delays might cause you to MISS your ship. Whereas on the way back, it's just about a guarantee that they want you OFF OF THEIR SHIP before 9. That should make it easier to catch an afternoon flight. I definitely would allow at least a day before flight in for coming though. There have been many instances of stressful rescheduled flights, and in that case, the ship WILL LEAVE.

I think the bigger problem is coming, as in the air port delays might cause you to MISS your ship. Whereas on the way back, it's just about a guarantee that they want you OFF OF THEIR SHIP before 9. That should make it easier to catch an afternoon flight. I definitely would allow at least a day before flight in for coming though. There have been many instances of stressful rescheduled flights, and in that case, the ship WILL LEAVE.

Thanks, not concerned about that as we will be there for 5 days before sailing and will arrive by rental car.

SW just released their flights and the best one for us would be at 12:25. Is that going to be pushing it?

If you're docking in PC, just keep in mind that MCO is notorious for LONG and SLOW security lines...

I have an 11:59 am flight after my Western Carribean cruise the first week of August. When I entered my flight info on the DCL online check-in, I got a message that I might not have sufficient time, but it let me continue. I plan to hire a towncar, so I expect it will be quicker than using DCL transportation.

I have an 11:59 am flight after my Western Carribean cruise the first week of August. When I entered my flight info on the DCL online check-in, I got a message that I might not have sufficient time, but it let me continue. I plan to hire a towncar, so I expect it will be quicker than using DCL transportation.

We used DCL transportation to MCO. We got on the bus at 8 and still had 2 hours to hang (great!!) at the airport. Our flight was at 12:30.

We disembarked the Dream on March 28th (a Thursday), so before the sequester. We had breakfast at Cabanas around 6:30am and got our photo CD from Shutters a little after 7am. We didn't rush and we were awake anyway. We went back to our room and got our bags and headed out. We weren't the first ones out or even on the first bus, probably 5th bus. Got to MCO, printed boarding passes, checked bags, through security and to the gate a little after 9am. We had a 12:30 flight so lots of waiting time. I was worried about the security lines, but didn't have any issues.

What is the earliest time you can get off of the ship and on to the Disney shuttle? We have a noon flight and don't care about breakfast on the ship.

What is the earliest time you can get off of the ship and on to the Disney shuttle? We have a noon flight and don't care about breakfast on the ship.

Generally, as long as everything goes the way it's supposed to, the doors open for disembarkation about 7:30. If there is a problem getting into port, or a problem with the ship being cleared by customs/immigration, it could be later.

I just got off the Wonder today...was off the ship by 0745.....on my Disney transfer by 0810....at the airport by 0840....plenty of time to relax and catch my 1135 flight back to NY :)

Generally, as long as everything goes the way it's supposed to, the doors open for disembarkation about 7:30. If there is a problem getting into port, or a problem with the ship being cleared by customs/immigration, it could be later.

Thanks.

If we chose to grab something from the buffet before heading off of the ship, what time does it open in the morning? I would rather get off of the ship early without eating than miss our flight. But if something was open early, I wouldn't mind getting something quick to eat first.

Thanks.

If we chose to grab something from the buffet before heading off of the ship, what time does it open in the morning? I would rather get off of the ship early without eating than miss our flight. But if something was open early, I wouldn't mind getting something quick to eat first.

I think the buffet opens at 6 or 6:30. If you have first seating for dinner, your breakfast time would be about 6:45. Late dinner seating has breakfast at 8:00.

Hey everyone,

I was worried on my last cruise because I booked an 11:59am flight, but I can assure everyone here -- we had PLENTY of time to arrive at MCO, get through security, etc. We had ample waiting time at the gate. If you can, use DCL's onboard airline check-in service. When you put your luggage out in the hallway the night before disembarking, you never see it again until your home airport baggage carousel!

As another tip -- there is no need to book private transportation to get to the airport. There are many, many DCL express buses lined up at the curb. As soon as one bus fills up with passengers and leaves, there's another empty one right behind it.

The only reason to book a private car service would be if you can secure a lower cost than the $35 per person/one way fee that DCL charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter