Earliest disembarkation time - Fantasy

eeyoremommy

DIS Veteran
We were on the Fantasy June 2012, and I just don't remember the answer. I searched and couldn't find it either. Recent cruisers, what is the earliest time that people have been allowed off the ship. We are willing to self-disembark. We have to be in Altamonte Springs that day we get back ASAP. I posted my question on another board as well just in case. TIA.

It was about 7:00AM for us in Sept. We didn't leave our luggage out the night before so we had it with us and were let off before those that had their luggage picked up.

I just wanted to bump this up to find out from recent cruisers how things were looking lately. Thanks. It's getting close, and I'm starting to get nervous about everything meshing time-wise.

We just got off Saturday, and I want to say it was about 7:30. We weren't in a hurry, though, so can't say exactly.

This is our fourth cruise, but some of you have much more experience than we do. Let me ask those veterans this. If we explain to the Disney people our dilemma (my son has a tennis tournament and likely will have an early match time that Saturday morning that we return to PC), do you think they will be able to work with us to help us be one of the first ones off the ship once customs are cleared? We are also trying to work with the tournament. It is not any tournament, but the state tournament.

The only thing I can say is get in line by 6:30. 2 weeks ago we got off the Dream about 7:10. We were a decent way back in the debarkation line, probably 20-30 families ahead of us for the express walk off. We were through customs and in line for the rental car shuttle by 7:30. We walked into Epcot (after getting our car, driving to POR and checking in, dropping off bags) at 9:30-9:45.

Hope that helps.

Best suggestion is above. Have your luggage with you. Have all documents ready for Customs. Be in line early. I wouldn't expect DCL to move anyone to the front of a line if other people have been waiting longer. If there are already a couple of families in line ahead when you arrive, you might be able to speak directly to them and see if they'll let you go ahead. Likely if people are lined up that early to get off they also have specific reasons important to them so it would be unfair to line-jump without explaining and asking directly.

Enjoy your cruise and good luck to your son!

Best suggestion is above. Have your luggage with you. Have all documents ready for Customs. Be in line early. I wouldn't expect DCL to move anyone to the front of a line if other people have been waiting longer. .... Likely if people are lined up that early to get off they also have specific reasons important to them so it would be unfair to line-jump without explaining and asking directly.

This is exactly what I was going to say. DCL won't actually "do" anything. It is up to you to get up early and get in line. Be aware that delays with clearing the ship through customs do happen at times, so while the norm is 7-7:30 it could be later.

One of us (DH or me) can always get in line at 6 or so, and the 9 yo tennis player and other can join the one in line at a later time. DS would prefer that if he loses his first match, it is because he played well and lost, not because he had to default on his first match. BTW, I am not asking for special treatment. Based on last year's schedule, everything would work out. It appears that this year's schedule will be slightly different.

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday :sad: and did not do the express debarkation. Having said that, we had the 6:45 breakfast and walked off the ship after that about 7:45. They were letting those who had all their baggage off at 7:00 and opened it up to the rest of us right about 7:40. It was easy and quick!

So if we don't leave our luggage outside of our room the night before and just wheel it out ourselves the next morning, we can get off of the ship earlier?

We are using Disney's transportation from Port Canaveral to the Orlando airport.

If we do leave out bags for Disney to take at night, does that mean they bring our bags to whatever shuttle bus we board? I wouldn't mind dealing with our bags ourselves if it meant getting off of the ship earlier because we have a flight out of MCO that leaves around noon.

So if we don't leave our luggage outside of our room the night before and just wheel it out ourselves the next morning, we can get off of the ship earlier?

We are using Disney's transportation from Port Canaveral to the Orlando airport.

If we do leave out bags for Disney to take at night, does that mean they bring our bags to whatever shuttle bus we board? I wouldn't mind dealing with our bags ourselves if it meant getting off of the ship earlier because we have a flight out of MCO that leaves around noon.

You usually have to pick up your bags to take them with you through customs. I believe then you would take them to the Disney transportation or whatever shuttle you would be using.

We live in FL, so we almost always self-disembark, but we have done the put the luggage out the night before thing too.

Do you know if your airline is one that works with DCL? I believe that there are some DCL will actually transport your luggage to the airline from outside your door the last night, then you just get your bags when you arrive at your destination.

When we left our Magic cruise, we used one of the porters who was offering his services to help us locate our luggage. He then brought us to the front of the line for customs. Might be an idea to do that. I would also recommend hiring a private car service to take you to the airport so that you don't have to wait for the Disney bus to get full to leave port.

We always get a porter to help us, but you have to get in the same line as everyone else. They don't skip the line. Just don't want the OP to expect something else.

OK. So how about the opposite question. When is the latest we can get off? Unfortunately our flight got moved to a 5PM departure time. So now we are in no rush to leave the ship, get thru customs, board the bus and get to the airport. Heck we won't even be able to check in that early at the airport and will be stuck sitting in the lobby.

They want all guests to be off the ship by 9 a.m. You can book a day room at one of the hotels at MCO, possibly the Hyatt? People have posted of using the pool & napping when they do this before a later flight.

OK. So how about the opposite question. When is the latest we can get off? Unfortunately our flight got moved to a 5PM departure time. So now we are in no rush to leave the ship, get thru customs, board the bus and get to the airport. Heck we won't even be able to check in that early at the airport and will be stuck sitting in the lobby.

Our flight is not until 4 pm also. So we plan on taking our time getting off the ship. We will get up by 7:30 am then head off to eat and maybe take one last walk around the ship if we can. I don't think DH will let us get a hotel room just because so I have been looking at things we can do around the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter