Earliest board time for RoR ?

cissy

Kindness is Strength
If we were one of the first people to get a boarding pass tomorrow (Hollywood opens at 9) when we try the queue at 7am, what is the earliest time we could possibly get?

If we were one of the first people to get a boarding pass tomorrow (Hollywood opens at 9) when we try the queue at 7am, what is the earliest time we could possibly get?
You don't get a time you get a bg number. If the attraction opens with the park then you'll be called as soon as the park opens. You have one hour to board. They usually call about 15 bg per hour

Last edited:
We got early BGs on Dec. 21 & 24. The first groups were called at 8:40 those days. No going back to bed for me!

You don't get a time you get a bg number. If the attraction opens with the park then you'll be called as soon as the park opens. You have one hour to board. They usually call about 15 bg per hour

so, if we get a BG, we would not have to be physically in the park before 9am? But we should plan on being there by at least 9:30 in case we get one of the first BGs, yes?

so, if we get a BG, we would not have to be physically in the park before 9am? But we should plan on being there by at least 9:30 in case we get one of the first BGs, yes?
Correct. You can get a bg from anywhere at 7am and then just arrive in time to ride when your bg is called

Correct. You can get a bg from anywhere at 7am and then just arrive in time to ride when your bg is called

did everything right to grab a BG time but no dice. Hubby is not happy and I don’t blame him. It’s the only reason to go to HS. There is not much else he wanted to do on this trip except RoR and RnR coaster ( now closed!)
Ugh.

did everything right to grab a BG time but no dice. Hubby is not happy and I don’t blame him. It’s the only reason to go to HS. There is not much else he wanted to do on this trip except RoR and RnR coaster ( now closed!)
Ugh.
You can always cancel your dhs park reservation and go to another park
Or you can go and try again at 1

we considered canceling because we feel like we are trapped in the park with the least stuff to do if we try again at 1pm. But we are going and will ride the other stuff then decide if we get a BG.

Is there any evidence that you have a better shot at 1:00 if you tried and didn’t succeed at 7? I’d assume no, as that seems beyond Disney IT LOL, but I think it would be physically possible to implement if they wanted.

Is there any evidence that you have a better shot at 1:00 if you tried and didn’t succeed at 7? I’d assume no, as that seems beyond Disney IT LOL, but I think it would be physically possible to implement if they wanted.
not sure. There have been reports here of people unsuccessful at 7am and then got in at 1pm

not sure. There have been reports here of people unsuccessful at 7am and then got in at 1pm
Right. I guess my point is, the system knows if you’ve already had a BG that day, right? So you can’t get another one? So then do you have any advantage in the later try if you missed out the first time? Would be interesting to know (but obviously doubtful that we will).

Right. I guess my point is, the system knows if you’ve already had a BG that day, right? So you can’t get another one? So then do you have any advantage in the later try if you missed out the first time? Would be interesting to know (but obviously doubtful that we will).
Yeah you can't get a bg at 1 if you had one at 7am. Also If you get one at 7am and cancel it you can try again at 1pm

Hi! This is my first post!
We were at DHS 12/26/20. I was unsuccessful at 7A, but succeeded at 1P!
I was wondering the same thing about getting a better chance at 1:00 of one fails at 7:00.
The park literally went almost silent at 12:59 as everyone was buried in their phone! LOL
Getting the late BG was awesome, as it was fun to be in SWGE and ride at night!

Is there a better place to be on property when trying to get a boarding group at 7 am? For example I will most likely be in my room at Pop Century. Is the wifi good enough there? Should I plan to go to the main building (food court area)?

Is there a better place to be on property when trying to get a boarding group at 7 am? For example I will most likely be in my room at Pop Century. Is the wifi good enough there? Should I plan to go to the main building (food court area)?
do a signal strength test on WiFi and data. If you read the bg main thread you can see reports from people all over the country getting bg

Definitely check for signal ahead of time.

I got my BG at a timeshare using its WiFI. it was faster than other members in my party using various phone provider’s data.

Just don’t be late. 7 am is 7 am. I even checked my ipad against the atomic clock. It worked both times for me.

May the Force be with you.

We received boarding group #12 and had to ride before 9:40am. Park opening was 9am.

Attachments

• CAEF8CE7-0A98-4E32-92E9-21945A55C301.jpeg
    CAEF8CE7-0A98-4E32-92E9-21945A55C301.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter