Earl of Sandwich

ms.ojo

DIS Veteran
Can someone please tell me who's been there recently if EOS is still part of the dining plan???? How about snacks at Goofy's candy store?

I was just talking w/ a CM and she told me neither of them are participating anymore but they seem to be listed on any DDE lists I look at.

It would make a difference if they were included, well EOS anyway. As we would prefer to eat there than our hotel foodcourt at POFQ. But if only POFQ is participating...then that's where we'll eat. We leave tomorrow!!!!

Thanks!

Wolfgang Puck Express!!! It was our intention to eat at EOS but opted instead for Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. The food was extraordinary!!!! We ordered the Linguini Bolognese and a chicken tenders platter w/mashed potatoes and it more than filled 4 adults. They also bring the food to your table for you and serve on real dinner plates. Fabulous!!!!

Both are on the plan, we hit both of them on our last day to take stuff on the plane home (using leftover credits).

Goofy's told us just about anything under $4 was covered and we didn't try to get anything that didn't count. Tons of options here for snacks!

EOS only covers a fountain drink (no bottles - including water - like at other spots), sandwich or salad, and dessert. You can switch your dessert for chips but you do not get chips with your sandwich. I didn't think it was a good use of cs credits but it was easy to lug sandwiches and chips to the airport so we did that. I'm glad we ate lunch at WPE instead because it's a better value and was tastier =)

Have fun trying them all out!

We were there in Sept. and the cashier was extremely grouchy about the dining plan, and almost gleeful about our choice limitations. The sandwiches were good, but I was disappointed with the attitude.

skater said:
We were there in Sept. and the cashier was extremely grouchy about the dining plan, and almost gleeful about our choice limitations. The sandwiches were good, but I was disappointed with the attitude.

We ate at both in August, and the attitude of the cashier at WPE was like this. He practically smirked when I wanted the ravioli and he said it wasn't covered under the DDP and that I also couldn't get a bottle of water. I also asked for the creme brulee for dessert but he said he didn't "know if we have any left". They did and it was the best part of the meal.

DH and I split a pasta dish (he wouldn't let us add the chicken option to it on the DDP) and salad and it was good, but not great.

Lynn :sunny:

ms.ojo said:
Can someone please tell me who's been there recently if EOS is still part of the dining plan???? How about snacks at Goofy's candy store?

I was just talking w/ a CM and she told me neither of them are participating anymore but they seem to be listed on any DDE lists I look at.

It would make a difference if they were included, well EOS anyway. As we would prefer to eat there than our hotel foodcourt at POFQ. But if only POFQ is participating...then that's where we'll eat. We leave tomorrow!!!!

Thanks!

As of our August 27-Sept 2 trip, Earl Of Sandwich and Goofy's Candy Store were both on the (free) dining plan.

My older boys used 3 each of their CS Dining credits there, last week. :thumbsup2

Maybe we are overlooking the obvious, or maybe just I am: but if the OP is looking at a DDE list (see original message), EOS won't be on it.
EOS has been on every DDP list I have seen, though.

We ate at EOS last Thurs and the attitude was still very bad. We were told the only desserts we could get on the plan were regular cookies. Not so exciting. I'm jealous of the person who got the creme brulee. YUM! That being said, I'm glad we used our credits there. We ended up leaving with 17 CS credits (we had a total of 50 for our group of five), so one meal with lesser value (the sandwich was excellent, btw) wasn't so bad. I would never pay for the dining plan because we just can't eat that much. Maybe when our kids are older and eat more, but our 10 yr old almost always wanted a kid's meal so her adult meal was usually wasted.

I'm starting to wonder whether my good experience last year at EOS was a fluke! My DGF and I ate there on our last day, and not only found the food to be excellent, but the overall attitude of the servers to be friendly, especially considering how busy it was!

I can see how, on a bad day, someone might get a little grumpy, but I'd still say it's worth a shot to have a sandwich there after some shopping or as a last stop before you go to the airport, as we did. :thumbsup2

DasBeast said:
I'm starting to wonder whether my good experience last year at EOS was a fluke! My DGF and I ate there on our last day, and not only found the food to be excellent, but the overall attitude of the servers to be friendly, especially considering how busy it was!

I can see how, on a bad day, someone might get a little grumpy, but I'd still say it's worth a shot to have a sandwich there after some shopping or as a last stop before you go to the airport, as we did. :thumbsup2

Good morning!

DW and I ate there twice last week, and both experiences were good. I can't say any CS is wonderful, but the EoS visits were better than the other CSs. The greeter/order staff was friendly and helpful with CS questions, the service line folks were very quick and friendly too. When it was found they were out of the dessert item my DW wanted, they offered a substitution. Even the person clearing tables (I never saw so many rude guests leaving trash behind in all my life!) was cheerie.

Hope this info helps.

Mike

We too have had nothing but amazing times at EOS. Does anyone know if the coleslaw is on the mealplan or not? I loved it there with my original sandwhich.. :love:

We love EOS. The sandwiches are delicious, the bread is freshly baked and it's filling! So filling, we usually take our brownies or whichever dessert to go.

I'm a little surprised when people say EOS is not a good value on the dining plan. The fact is, EOS probably under-prices the food, especially in comparison with other counter service locations at WDW. If the food is good, fresh and filling... isn't that a good value?

:thumbsup2

ExPirateShopGirl said:
We love EOS. The sandwiches are delicious, the bread is freshly baked and it's filling! So filling, we usually take our brownies or whichever dessert to go.

I'm a little surprised when people say EOS is not a good value on the dining plan. The fact is, EOS probably under-prices the food, especially in comparison with other counter service locations at WDW. If the food is good, fresh and filling... isn't that a good value?

ITA! We used our counter service there on Sunday before we left and I have to say the sandwich I had was excellent. Even if we had to pay I thought the cost for the sandwich was underpriced for the what you got. Also I got the yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting for dessert, and it tasted like a homemade cupcake, moist and buttery flavor. We had so much food last week, that I didn't need to have chips with my sandwich anyways.

I have to say that this was a pleasant surprise (first time eating here) after having the counter service meals that the parks offer. I was sick of the same old cheeseburgers, hot dogs and chicken strips! I also didn't get an attitude from any of the CMs there. In fact when I asked what was included, the server that helped me was very friendly and polite.

We used DDP less than two weeks ago at Earl. We love it. We got sandwiches, chips and drinks .

ExPirateShopGirl said:

I think I said that... I'm not impressed with EOS and never have been. It's a chain sandwich shop, like Panera and Corner Bakery, and their prices are about the same (though the selection is not as good as either stop nor is the food as good.) It's not the equivelant to a counter service in a theme park and can't really be compared to that - it's a chain restaurant in a public shopping center.

It's not a good value when I can also go to, for example, Tangierine Cafe and get a $14 platter, a $2.50 drink, and $2.50 dessert. That's a $19 value and it's not a chain sandwich. While at EOS, I got a $5 sandwich, $2 dessert, and $1.75 drink. They won't even let me get a bottle of water like other spots. So the max value they will allow is $9.75 IF I buy the salad instead of a sandwich.

If you're paying OOP for the DDP, you may not find that less than $10 is worth using a CS credit for. Which is why I don't consider it to be a great value. We only went there as a way to use up credits on our last day; sandwiches are easy to carry onto the plane. =)

(I didn't eat chicken fingers or hot dogs all week - and had just one burger in 9 days. I had some GREAT counter service meals while I was there. EOS is not the only spot offering something different than chicken fingers and burgers)

pooch said:
Wolfgang Puck Express!!! It was our intention to eat at EOS but opted instead for Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. The food was extraordinary!!!! We ordered the Linguini Bolognese and a chicken tenders platter w/mashed potatoes and it more than filled 4 adults. They also bring the food to your table for you and serve on real dinner plates. Fabulous!!!!

OMG! Is this place great!!!

We ate there on the DP, and again on our last day but we had no more credits- and we actually PAID to eat here again it was so good! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter