Earl of Sandwich NYC

disneybred

<font color=FF66CC>The patient waiter always gets
Hi all, I'm usually a lurker but I thought now was a good time to come out and share the good news for those in the NJ/NY area. Earl of Sandwich in NYC is opening up tomorrow, 9/2. I work across the street and have been watching the progress like a hawk. I'm suprised the construction workers haven't called the cops on me for stalking. They had a soft opening today during lunch and the line was already out the door. I was too late getting there but I plan on being there tomorrow to get my Earl fix!

The address is 1290 Avenue of the America's but it's on 52nd street between 6th and 5th close to the 6th ave side. From what I could see the prices were comparable to those in DTD.

jk works at 51st & 6th so he's been watching it like a hawk too. he wasn't able to get one of the free sandwiches today, though. i LOVE that place and am so excited one opened up in nyc! i hope it's as good as i remember...i've been to the DTD one once and the las vegas one once as well. i'm nervous it will be disappointing like the new NYC potbelly's are. (i'm from chicago and the nyc ones just aren't up to par)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Next time I'm in the city I'm SO going there! Thanks for the update!

We like Earl and ate there twice on our WDW trip last month. DD particularly likes their pb&j sandwich. Personally, though, I really only have one sandwich on the menu that I care for (caribbean jerk chicken). I don't eat red meat or pork which rules out most of the options. And the atmosphere drives me nuts. Way too hectic and loud. It's okay when you can eat outside but on this trip, it was much too hot for that so we had to eat inside which I didn't care for.

We stumbled upon an Earl at a highway rest stop driving to Disney from Boynton Beach but they only had a limited menu, not all of the options available at DTD, so we didn't eat there as they didn't have anything that any of us liked. I assume the NYC location will have the full menu. We'll have to check it out the next time we go into the city. Thanks for the info.

There is a plan to open a small one in Boston as well...the mayor just gave his approval this week.

I was wondering when it was going to open! Thank you for the news and I'll visit this weekend!:cool1:

Is there not one at Logan already. ...Not like anyone would drive to the airport, go past security just to get a sandwich...this would be awesome if they did one into the city....
I just hope its not another eatery that gets too big for itself

There is a plan to open a small one in Boston as well...the mayor just gave his approval this week.

Is there not one at Logan already. ...Not like anyone would drive to the airport, go past security just to get a sandwich...this would be awesome if they did one into the city....
I just hope its not another eatery that gets too big for itself

Yes, there is one in Terminal E (the International terminal) - a bit out of the way :)

The new one will be at the so-called "Pink Palace" on Boston Common - it's a small round granite structure that used to be a public restroom...

They were also putting one in Newark Airport. I forget which terminal.

The Newark Airport one is in terminal A. We were on the way back from WDW in June and it was right there when we stepped off the plane, but it had just closed for the night. It said it was an Earl of Sandwich express which I'm guessing means they don't serve the whole menu, but I'm not sure.

I went to the NYC one on Friday afternoon. Had a few minor glitches, the woman taking my order assumed I wanted just the one sandwich so she put my order through before I could get out the second sandwich order (it was going to be dinner for me and bf). No biggie, I just had two reciepts which they put together when I paid. I also got a brownie, but not the brownie sandwich which I was charged for. It was only an extra 50 cents and it wasn't worth missing my train home over to get it fixed, but it was opening day so they had a few kinks to work out. My caprese was a little too heavy on the balsalmic vinaigrette but again, not a big deal and I'm sure they'll get the hang of it. I'm still happy I can get an earl sandwich without having to book a flight.
I'm excited to go back for breakfast. I've wanted to try it but never get to DTD early enough. Now I have no excuse since I have to be at work. :)

I went today and had a not quite pleasant experience. I got the BLT and there was no sauce on it. Also, I asked for a cup for water (I also got a soda - free refills!!), but the soda machine has seltzer, not water in the water dispenser. I picked up a brownie to eat tomorrow and it's the same Ghiradelli brownie. Whew! I'll go back when the holiday sandwich is out. That's my favorite!

Although the location is central to the city proper....does anyone else think that it is sort of buried on that street? Regardless....I'm all about those brownies and I can't wait for the holiday sandwich either!

Although the location is central to the city proper....does anyone else think that it is sort of buried on that street? Regardless....I'm all about those brownies and I can't wait for the holiday sandwich either!

I agree - it is definitely buried. They're going to have to rely on corporate lunchers and Disney World fans to make it in that spot. The address is 1290 6th Avenue, but they're on 52nd Street - very hard to find and I was looking for it!

I know! I was walking around with my iPhone trying to figure out the address and finally figured it out. I blended right in with the tourists. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter