Eagle Pointe villa and Disney with pets

pamelasu1

Mouseketeer
Hi! My DD13 and I have a number of WDW trips under our belts and normally stay on site. However, this trip DD has talked her non-Disney loving dad into going with us :scared1: ! Since he will obviously not be home to watch our pups, they are coming with us, too. We have made the decision to drive down from Chicago and rent a pet friendly villa for our vacation. We have found one in Eagle Pointe that really fits the bill....fenced yard, tile floors, heated pool, and a great price.

Does anyone have experience with Eagle Pointe? What are your opinions of it?

Also, does anyone have advice for traveling and staying at a villa with our dogs? They are 2 small, non shedding dogs, generally well behaved.

TIA!

I see no one has responded to you. I don't have any experience with them but am curious to hear how the place is. I live in SW FL and it is always good to know where I can evacuate to with my furbabies in the event of a hurricane..considering there are 4 of us (all adults) and several pets.. one hotel room is out of the question for an evacuation...

I will be sure to post a review once we return! I am just hoping that it will all work out :)

Hi. We rented a home in Eagle Pointe for our Thanksgiving trip last month. It is the second time we've stayed off of Poinciana Blvd (we previously stayed in the Liberty Village development). We really like this area as the neighborhoods are quiet but not that far away from the parks. There is also a Wal-Mart nearby as well as lots of restaurants, pharmacies, souviner shops, etc. We will definitely stay in this area for our next off-site trip. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the positive review, Tarheel Mom! It is really nice to hear from someone who has stayed there. I think we will enjoy the quietness of this location!

Pam :)

Do you mind sharing a link to your rental? I am looking for a pet-friendly and budget friendly place for our June stay. We always stay in off-site condos but this is the first year that our pet has went along. He is a spoiled rotten English Bulldog who refuses to eat for anyone but his "daddy". If we leave him at a kennel he will starve himself to death before we get home! :sad2:

Hi - just checking in to see if you had the opportunity to stay here yet. I am getting ready to book and wanted to see what your thought were.

Thanks

when looking for a house - decided not to go with Poinciana - because it was pretty far from Disney and even an interstate.

Davenport on US 27 because of I4 was closer to WDW.

I have stayed in this house twice. Last time May 2010. My in-laws were there in May, 2012 (their 3rd time). They had no complaints. It's a great place for people with pets. They allowed us to have more than 1 dog there. Owners are great and quick to respond. Never a problem from initial contact to payment etc with them.

The house is taken care of by a management company. If you have an issue contact them first. If it's not resolved asap contact the owners. They really do care that everything is going well for you.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Photobucket link:
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x435/kissimmeerental/

Thanks for the information. I will probably book this for our next trip.

That house was booked when we started looking for our August trip! So bummed.

But, we found this one http://www.vrbo.com/72612

It's on 27 which we have stayed in the development beside this one and like the area. The owners have been great so far! We are taking two dogs without any extra fees like some other homes were trying to charge me!

that the area that I almost brought!

it was very nice!

if I4 is too jamed with traffic you can go 429 - although this way you will pay a toll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter