Eagle creek pack it system?????

funnygarcia

Hyena, Dis Diva, vegan-in-training
Has anyone used the Eagle creek pack it system (cubes and /or folders) ? I s it worth the price to get them ? We have 2 adults and 6 and 9 yr olds - one week, 4 outfits a piece minimum and extra slacks/swetshirts if chilly (Disneyland trip) plus swim gear etc.. we use one HUGE rolling duffel . We had problems last yr trying to find socks and undies in the bag - and the right clothes for the right person.....
So far I have purchased two double cubes but debating get a folder for dh and myself or getting some space saver bags instead... found one place that sells them w free shipping as well as ebags coupons for $10 off $30 purchase.. Any ideas?

www.eaglecreek.com

search under pack it system...

I have 3 ideas for you!
1. roll your clothes as outfits,matching shirt,shorts or pants,undies and sox in one roll. Then by shirt color you pick the outfit and you have everything you need at hand.

2.Invest in a box of 2 gallon ziplock bags[w/stand up bottom for bulkier items] ,this works great for storing undies and sox in then sqeeze out the air,a weeks worth now is very small.

3. Pack kids clothes in outfits matching shirt,shorts,swimsuit,undies and sox in 1 ziplock per day they have everything they need to get dressed.

Very cost effective Plus you can bag up the dirty clothes in the ziplocks to bring home.

1 more idea! Kmart has small wheeled lugguge on sale! Save a back,and spread the load out. Then Dh can packwith 1 child and you can pack with the other. Our dd couldn't wait to wheel her bag!

Have fun at WDW!!!

I use the Eagle Creek pack it system and love it. However, it is expensive. I travel a LOT on business so I was able to justify it. Do you have a Target near you? They have the same type of cubes at a much cheaper price.

I have both the folders and the cubes. I like the cubes better, but use the folders for business clothing I don't want wrinkled. It makes it easy to find stuff, elminates the urge to stuff one more thing in around the sides and really helps security if you get selected for a search.

Thanks for the tips! I have already bought the cubes w a discount code- if anything I can use them for all of our travels- I think they might come in handy for our summer camping trips to keep everyone's clothes seperate (and move out the stinky ones ... lol...)as well as lighter luggage options to put in the car for a trip to Grandma's!
I will not bother buying any more due to the price ( I also heard that sometimes they are at Marshall's)
The ziploc bag ideas are great!
One bag seems to work best for us - my younger son can't even keep track of his winter hat to/from school each day! He would be the type to laeve his bag behind because he did not want it any more.. lol... The joy of boys!

My husband is a stickler for packing and uses these cubes in all shapes and sizes. They work very well for the two of us. We also have one of those plastic bags that you squeeze the air out of and flattens the package. We use that for our dirty clothes and it saves a lot of space.

Hi Tink:

I am in canada, and cannot seem to find these gallon size zip locks. Maybe I can get some in the united states for future trips, where do you find these. Thanks,

DEb.

Buy the Eaglecreek Pack-it systems! They are worth it! The knock-offs are not as good a quality and the Eaglecreek ones come with instructions printed on the folding board. I have half a dozen Pack-it systems and cubes and with just a few can pack a week's worth of clothing into a carry-on bag.

As for luggage at Kmart, it may be inexpensive, but it will not last. I worked in the luggage industry for 5 years and I am telling you--go to a luggage store. The sales people are informed about what will last and what won't. Most of what you will find at Kmart and other like retailers are cheaply made polyester or poly-mix bags. Keep in mind--you get what you pay for. It may be an investment to buy a couple of pieces of luggage at a luggage store, but in the long run you will spend less buying a reliable set than a set you have to replace every 1-6 monthes. A good set should last years, depending on the make and how often you use it.

Just as a side note--Eaglecreek makes excellent luggage, too.

I have a bunch of pack-it system pieces, 2 folders, a couple of cubes and the toiletry kit. I don't really use the folders anymore, but the cubes are great! Undies and socks can be stuffed into one and they take very little room. T-shirts can get into a bigger one. Some are even water-proof. FWIW, I liked the folders because they kept things organized, but I found that I can fit more things in my suitcase if I layer the clothes. If I'm "living out of a suitcase", I'll bring the folders. If I'm unpacking, I won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter