E-Z rent-a-car

DonaldDuck21

Mouseketeer
Never used this company before. Just wondering about people's experiences with this company. Just wondering why their rates are slow. Looking to book a car for September. Thanks

Never used this company before. Just wondering about people's experiences with this company. Just wondering why their rates are slow. Looking to book a car for September. Thanks

:lmao: This is a great question cause i was wondering the same myself! I was quoted a TOTAL of $110 from Sunday to Friday (last week of August). I dont understand why they're so low compared to others. :confused3 Im skeptical and wonder if they have hidden fees!

Hope someone with experience chimes in soon..... :scratchin:

We used EZ rental one time and didn't have any problems at all. They didn't try to push a bigger car or insurance on us.

I booked them through Priceline if I am not mistaken and got a full sized car for around $16 a day.

Just be sure not to use Advantage. Although they have low rates and claim to be in terminal at the airport in Orlando, they are not. They moved offsite.

We used EZ rental one time and didn't have any problems at all. They didn't try to push a bigger car or insurance on us.

I booked them through Priceline if I am not mistaken and got a full sized car for around $16 a day.

Just be sure not to use Advantage. Although they have low rates and claim to be in terminal at the airport in Orlando, they are not. They moved offsite.

Good to know. Thanks!

So for EZ, the quoted price online is pretty much all there is? there's no other hidden fee's?

Do they allow debit/credit card. I usually use Alamo but they are $100 more. Are the cars clean? They advertise concierge service only with purchase of insurance? What happens if you have a break down or flat?
Thanks

Do they allow debit/credit card. I usually use Alamo but they are $100 more. Are the cars clean? They advertise concierge service only with purchase of insurance? What happens if you have a break down or flat?
Thanks

If you break down or have a flat, it is on you. Their web site has all these answers for you. http://www.e-zrentacar.com/policies.html?action=show&rental_car_location=Orlando_Florida
Here are some reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/e-z-rent-a-car-orlando-2

I tried to use them once...
I walked and went to Hertz.

They refused to accept my credit card as primary and if I would not give them my personal insurance info they insisted they "HAD" to charge because "NO credit card is primary" (Yes, mine is!)

Then they tried to pass off a compact as a full size and admitted "when we are busy we resize the cars" (This was President's Day week) I know rental car companies don't use the normal standards but a 2 door compact is NOT a full size! :lmao:

Sorry I dont follow. Can you explain? Why wouldnt they accept it?

Not a clue. I balked when they wanted my personal insurance info and told them they did not need that.. .the agent then "automatically" charged me the daily insurance rate. All I can assume is it's a "pressure sale" technique....

When they handed me the contract with that I objected he told me I was WRONG and my credit card was not primary and therefore he could not rent me a car as I was uninsured :rotfl2: (Trust me I have damaged a rental car, my credit card IS primary!)

I then noticed the car type.... when I asked about that I was told "this week that is a full size, if you want a normal full size it's going to cost a lot more"

I decided that I didn't have to deal with this pressure to sell insurance and upgrades and walked! T
Luckily I had a back up because I was worried about using a no name company. Won't waste my time again!

What section on that link says that?

Should have added the telephone number to address the flat tire issue. 800-277-5171. Sadly, I know the policies of EZ from having worked at the airport for a long time and have heard the complaints. The link was provided to answer the general questions. Sadly, few people read the policies set forth by rental companies, or fail to call the customer lines. Sometimes it is not an issue, but, sometimes it is.
it is standard policy to not cover things like flat tires, lock out service, etc. Alamo, for instance, has a special program for that, it costs 4.99 per day. I believe it is called "road side assistance". You can look at that https://alamo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1656 most rental car companies have similar programs, EZ is one of them, called Conceirge.

Not a clue. I balked when they wanted my personal insurance info and told them they did not need that.. .the agent then "automatically" charged me the daily insurance rate. All I can assume is it's a "pressure sale" technique....

When they handed me the contract with that I objected he told me I was WRONG and my credit card was not primary and therefore he could not rent me a car as I was uninsured :rotfl2: (Trust me I have damaged a rental car, my credit card IS primary!)

I then noticed the car type.... when I asked about that I was told "this week that is a full size, if you want a normal full size it's going to cost a lot more"

I decided that I didn't have to deal with this pressure to sell insurance and upgrades and walked! T
Luckily I had a back up because I was worried about using a no name company. Won't waste my time again!

Is this a corporate credit card with your name on it? If so, you are not the primary, the corporation is, but, normally, it does not matter to most rental companies. You are primary only if you actually "own" the account.

Should have added the telephone number to address the flat tire issue. 800-277-5171. Sadly, I know the policies of EZ from having worked at the airport for a long time and have heard the complaints. The link was provided to answer the general questions. Sadly, few people read the policies set forth by rental companies, or fail to call the customer lines. Sometimes it is not an issue, but, sometimes it is.
it is standard policy to not cover things like flat tires, lock out service, etc. Alamo, for instance, has a special program for that, it costs 4.99 per day. I believe it is called "road side assistance". You can look at that https://alamo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1656 most rental car companies have similar programs, EZ is one of them, called Conceirge.

So they are pretty much all the same then inless you take the added coverage which hardly anyone every does.

I have never used EZ Car rental before but I am really tempted because of their low price.

I have to have a minivan, 5 adults and luggage.
dates are 9/27 to 10/5.

I have an EZ rental at $265 right now but still checking other agencies as the dates get closer.
I can't even get close to that price with any other car agency.

Anyone back from using EZ Rental in August, if so how did it go?
I'm really tempted to try them. Rate dropped last Night to $195, all in for a MiniVan 9/27 - 10/5

10 % off code BE1D8 and 3% off (Like Facebook Discount)

Someone must have tried them recently?

We leave Friday, but the EZ car rental is a couple of dollars more then the Thrifty " special" car. When I arrive I will see what I get at Thrifty, but have the EZ car to fall back on.
I will update after I decide Friday.

We leave Friday, but the EZ car rental is a couple of dollars more then the Thrifty " special" car. When I arrive I will see what I get at Thrifty, but have the EZ car to fall back on.
I will update after I decide Friday.

Looking forward to see what you find out if you go with the EZ car rental.
Enjoy your vacation. Thanks!

I have EZ booked through Orbitz. I pick up the car on Tuesday, and will let you all how I make out!

Couldn't beat the price! :thumbsup2

I have EZ booked through Orbitz. I pick up the car on Tuesday, and will let you all how I make out!

Couldn't beat the price! :thumbsup2

That would be great, I have a minivan for 8 days at the end of the month for $195 all in(8 days). If you happen to have a chance see if they have any other makes of minivan's besides Dodge Caravan's in the lot. Just curious.

Thanks

That would be great, I have a minivan for 8 days at the end of the month for $195 all in(8 days). If you happen to have a chance see if they have any other makes of minivan's besides Dodge Caravan's in the lot. Just curious.

Thanks

I will be on the lookout for you!!!

I was going to use EZ, called to ask a simple question about hold on our CC being that I never rented a car before and I had some RUDE customer service. I work in retail and this was above and beyond rude. I cancelled my res and went with budget car rental instead. It ended up being cheaper too. I had a gut feeling that I would have problems and I followed my gut and cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter