E.T. Smell

is it true thet removed the anamatronic guy (Botanicus?) from the queue? that was the coolest, and gave you something to look at while in line. I could never hear what he was saying tho.

Nope, he's still there. I made an early morning run through E.T. last weekend, and he was up and talking. The smoke/fog effect around him wasn't functioning, but otherwise he seemed to be in normal mode.

I find it awesome how a smell can stick in your brain. I remember about 12 years ago when I went to Universal Studios and rode the King Kong ride. The queue smelled like the pink stuff medicine you may have gotten as a kid. It was great! But yes, the ET smell smells good to me too!

I don't know what the smell is in there, all I know is that I like it and if it wasn't for that smell it just wouldn't be the same.

Kong was another ride that had its own smell as someone mentioned above

I don't know what the smell is in there, all I know is that I like it and if it wasn't for that smell it just wouldn't be the same.

Kong was another ride that had its own smell as someone mentioned above

You could also smell the bananas Kong was eating during each of the two close encounters (just like I remembered from Universal Hollywood in the 1980's) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

haha this post is awesome! I LOVE THE E.T smell, i tried explaining it to my boyfriend and he didnt understand until we actualy went on the ride, everytime i get a scense of this smell it reminds me of the ride!

:worship:

With the FOTL we didn't have time to smell the ... whatever. Walked right in and got on the bike! We'll have to slow down and take a sniff :flower3: next time. (Or stay off-site and wait in line forever! :eek:)

With the FOTL we didn't have time to smell the ... whatever. Walked right in and got on the bike! We'll have to slow down and take a sniff :flower3: next time. (Or stay off-site and wait in line forever! :eek:)

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

15.gif
I'm still leaning towards 300 sweaty peeps.Or are they sweating:eek: ??????

Oh my god, I can't believe I know exactly what they're talking about, hehe...

It's kinda like moldy fog, in my opinion.

My personal favorite part of ET is giving the ride operator fake names.

One day me, my friend, my dad, and my sister's boyfriend rode it together. Before we got on we decided our names were Peter, Dick, Woody & Rod.

No one has ever made me laugh so hard as that little alien did that day.

to me i notice a fresh odor, the type of scent after a rain.

kind of woodsy and earthy

Ok, just got back...

I LOVE the ET smell. You're right, it smells like the forest or something.

Love the ride too :goodvibes

It is the smell of redwoods...like the "trees" in the forest you walk through

Ok, just got back...

I LOVE the ET smell. You're right, it smells like the forest or something.

Love the ride too :goodvibes

The smell is very interesting. We have a some woods behind our hous, and it kinda smells like E.T. It's nice to have a part of Universal in your backyard:cool1: The ride is always a must do for us, I loved the movie E.T. and the ride is a good one to cool down on. Hope the ride doesn't go away

I live in New York and last time I went to Universal Studios was 11 years ago, but will be back in Nov. Yeah!!!!! Anyway, my nephew was 15 at the time and I would say about 5 years later we were walking by a huge air conditioned open warehouse and I said to him "What doe's that smell remind you of?" and he said the E.T. ride right away. I do love that smell. It is amazing how a smell from years ago can bring you right back. I am looking so foward to going back, although I am so sad King Kong is gone. Anyone know why? This is my first time on the Universal Post.

i'm sad king kong bit the dust also.

since UO is the place for "being in the movies", they do update attractions/rides to represent themes more widely known.

to me king kong will always be known.........

i'm still in mourning over the Ghost Busters .........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter