e-reader or tablet for the cruise?

I love my Nook. Trying to read on an iPad is a pain for me. I had a kindle and returned and got a Nook instead. Didn't care for the Kindle personally.

I'm thinking of getting one. Which would be better on the cruise and at WDW? What do people do when they go in the pool, just cover it up?

I think the key thing if you don't have either is readability in the sun and glare. Go to the stores and compare the screens and features to see what you like best. I would never consider reading in sunlight on an iPad. It's nearly impossible. I have an old nook that I think is perfect. An anti glare, paper like screen is esential.

I take both. I use the ereader to read out by the pool or in the cabin. But I use my tablet for the ride or plane trip down to Florida. Keeps me from going nuts.

I use my I pad mini. I have the non glare screen protector so use for reading and movies/tv shows etc. I love it!!!!

Years ago, I personally made the decision that I wanted a reader, and not a tablet computer. For a reader, I have a Kindle touch and I love it. If you are looking for a reader to use by the pool, e-ink - whether Kindle, Nook, Kobo etc are wonderful. They are light, easily portable, have great battery life. However, they are Not tablets - they are not for sufing the net, or doing basic computing. If you want something to use as a tablet, then you will have to decide among the plethora of tablets that are out there. However, most tablets are not good for reading in full sun.

Happy sailing!

Planning to bring my Nexus 7 and maybe my Macbook Air. I plan to try out the Disney Navigator App on the Fantasy with the Nexus 7 and maybe to read, etc. Also planning to use it prior the cruise as we'll be at Disney World and Universal Orlando. The Macbook Air might just be for reviewing photos and videos but we'll see about that one.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest