• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dyson vacuum's worth the money?

:scared1: I'm having a hard time convincing my DH to buy a $400 vacuum (since I tend to go through them so fast), if I told him I wanted a $900 vacuum I'm pretty sure he would collapse to the floor. :rotfl2: I appreciate the review and I'm sure that is an excellent vaccuum, but definatley out of our price range, or at least my poor DH's price range. I'm by no means dissing your vaccum, please don't take this that way. I'm just laughing at the thought of what my DH would say. :hug:

You can get a Meile for $400. I think the entry level is $300.

Mine is the $400 model that predates the current model. If I had to choose between my husband and that vaccuum, I'd probably choose my husband.

Mine is about 5 years old and starting to give me trouble. When you suck something up that gets stuck (like the edge of a throw rug or blanket) it will make this awful noise but now mine does this randomly just vaccuming, I was told the clutch is probably going....not sure where that is on it LOL

Mine does the same thing. (I forgot about it because it seems minor compared to the stinky smell, but it can scare the bejesus out of you. It's a loud sound!)

see the Dyson's really not that expensive. LOL.

My hubby was a tad shocked as well...but he went with me and I researched like crazy...so we both felt good about the decision. And it was in the budget. We originally bought a lower end Miele for downstairs and a Ryka for upstairs. But the Ryka didn't work well on the frieze so for the same price, we went with the top Miele...we were even considering central vac for same price [hubby could do install, etc.] but I told him we could take the vacuum with us not the central vac. Plus I wasn't a fan of the hose idea.

Yes, I love mine and can't believe what it picks up.

Take the challenge. Vacuum your whole house.

come home with the Dyson and you will be amazed and what you pick up.
It is just GROSS!

Worth every penny! I did not originally want this vacuum becasue I thought it was too expensive. But I went along with my partner and figured we could try it and then return it to Target within 30 days. Well, guess what. Once I used it I knew it wasn't going anywhere. I is one of my three favorite things in the world - my dog, my ipod touch and my Dyson Animal. My partner has accepted the fact that she comes in 4th.

We've had our for about 4 years now and have not run into any issues yet (knock on wood). Still amazed how much it sucks up.

When we were first looking, we had not had good results with less expensive vacuums. My wife kept hearing about Dyson and how great they were. I was a bit shocked by the price, though. My wife borrowed one from a friend and had me try t out after vacuuming with our old one. Wow, did it ever pick up a bunch of stuff. Still did not like the price, but I was sold on it's performance. Wife found a great coupon a few months later, which was enough to put me over. 4 years later and i thank my wife for convincing me. It was a good investment for us.

We've had our for about 4 years now and have not run into any issues yet (knock on wood). Still amazed how much it sucks up.

When we were first looking, we had not had good results with less expensive vacuums. My wife kept hearing about Dyson and how great they were. I was a bit shocked by the price, though. My wife borrowed one from a friend and had me try t out after vacuuming with our old one. Wow, did it ever pick up a bunch of stuff. Still did not like the price, but I was sold on it's performance. Wife found a great coupon a few months later, which was enough to put me over. 4 years later and i thank my wife for convincing me. It was a good investment for us.

Worth every penny! We've had ours for over 5 years and it works like new. Great customer service, too. Our kiddos destroyed one of the hoses and when I called to order a new one they sent it for free because it was still under warranty. You won't regret it!

I am moving into my new home the end of the month....it is 3 floors and allot of carpeted stairs....is the DYSON heavy to lift up and vacuum all my stairs....what does anyone suggest with allot of stairs? I have no pets. Just DH & me. I was leaning toward the Dyson but if it is heavy, :headache: and I want hassle-free attachments. :goodvibes

We got a Dyson DC07 Animal with all the accessories at a yard sale yesterday for $20, works really well for the money. At first we thought the brush or belt was broken but it has to be in a certain position for the thing to work so everything is cool. We also downloaded the manual from the Dyson website but it's easier to just figure it out on our own.

It figures, my next door neighbor had a practically unused Dyson (not sure of the model number but it looks like ours, only it's yellow and ours is purple) without all of the extra accessories we got and he sold it today at our community yard sale for $35. If we hadn't just bought ours and asked him about it he probably would have given it to us for free. Nothing wrong with it, he just said he hated it and we left it at that. Our townhomes are 3 levels and he probably didn't like lugging it up all of the stairs.

I own a Dyson (not the animal but at the time we had no animals:)) and mine was not worth the money. It gets clogged all the time.(on my hair usually) It also does not work any better than our last 45 vacuum. Maybe it was because we got the lowest level one (still 400) but I am not a fan and am not going to risk spending more to see if the next model works better

I am moving into my new home the end of the month....it is 3 floors and allot of carpeted stairs....is the DYSON heavy to lift up and vacuum all my stairs....what does anyone suggest with allot of stairs? I have no pets. Just DH & me. I was leaning toward the Dyson but if it is heavy, :headache: and I want hassle-free attachments. :goodvibes

Dysons aweful on steps! U have to use the attachement and hose... and my Husband has to hold up the dyson when I start getting close to the top because the hose is not long enough. I hate my animal dyson...worst 500 dollars I ever spent...

Dysons aweful on steps! U have to use the attachement and hose... and my Husband has to hold up the dyson when I start getting close to the top because the hose is not long enough. I hate my animal dyson...worst 500 dollars I ever spent...

That's probably why my next door neighbor dumped his. I don't mind helping if it does a good job. If it's a hassle we can always get a small handheld just for the stairs. We vacuumed our basement carpet for the first time with the Dyson this morning and it picked up a LOT of dirt.

I have 2 Dysons, one is the (clear/purple) Animal-this is the best vaacuum I have ever come across. I primarily wanted better suction in the wand, and this does the trick. Also vaacuums up tons of pet hair. I think ours is DC17. Oh, and when you suck up something you're not suppozed to, you can track the entire canal, and the little "U" corner piece comes off with a butter knife. Fairly easy to clear clogs.

I also own the cannister ball style Dyson (yellow) and although a decent vaacuum, I much prefer my Animal.

I am considering buying a Dyson animal vacuum. Are they really worth the money? Anyone out there own one and love or hate it? Please only post if you own/have owned an actual Dyson please! Reviews on other Dysons would be great as well.

YEs yes yes. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and a carpeted house. PS it also works on bare kitchen floors and cement garage floors when the wet coffee grounds miss the garbage can:goodvibes

I checked; ours is the purple and clear DC 15. And I vacuum stairs with the base, not the hose (too lazy to do the hose hee hee). I go left to right going down and right to left going up if that makes sense - so I can vacuum along the length of a step w/out having to pick up the thing and turn it around on each step.

We have had our purple Dyson for maybe 2 years now. It worked wonders at first, but now it doesn't seem to pick up much.

My 5 year old Dyson DC07 Animal just died (completely lost suction) & I replaced it with a Miele. I liked it a lot when I first got it. It worked great on wall to wall. Never liked it on the kitchen tile, and started to despise it after our addition when we installled hard wood w/ area rugs.

While I was paying for the Miele, another customer walked in with his Dyson that had also lost suction.... I think there are better vacuums out there for the $$.

I love my dyson and wish I had bought it sooner! We bought our dyson the day after Thanksgiving for a great buy. I didn't get the ball because I couldn't maneuver it easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter