• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dyson DC65 question

BC

DIS Veteran
I finally got the Dyson DC65 complete today. Came home, put it together and started vacuuming. It is doing a great job of suctioning all the dirt and dog hair. Of course, being the first time using it after my old Hoover, the canister got about a third way full pretty quick. My concern is that it is squealing (whistling) while I'm running it. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with theirs. I would not think it is normal, but just curious.

Is it constant or did it happen while you were vacuuming? That sometimes happens if something gets caught around the beater brush or doesn't get sucked up and gets stuck. Clearing it out always solves the problem. It may also happen if the canister gets over full.

I've had a dyson for about 3 years. I find they are wwaayyy over rated. My Hoover did just as good of a job. No squealing. Maybe a loose connection.

It's not constant, just off and on. I have a thick oriental rug in the dining room that I used it on and I wonder if the beater brush should be off to vacuum it. It does shed a bit when vacuumed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter