• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dying to tell my kids....

mom2boystx said:
we start the drive from Texas 9/29 for our first family trip to WDW and to celebrate both of their birthdays and our anniversary (see siggie). Husband and I have planned everything and plan on telling them with a treasure hunt the 17th. Grandparents are coming over to 'have dinner' then see the surprise.

now, to think of how I want it to work. I had tshirts made from the disney store that says 'HBday.., first family trip..october 06' and plan on burying them in a treasure trunk (one for each boy) along with various things for the trip.

Thinking of the clues now...boys are 7 & 4. Ideas welcome to bring smiles to their faces!

Cannot wait...only 39 more days!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

MY BEST SUGGESTION IS RUN!!!!! RUN TO THE DIS SITE AND START CHATTING OR WRITING !!!

WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS SAY BEETLEJUICE BETTLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE :lmao:

Pre-Arrange for a Disney Character to call just ahead of your visit and welcome them to WDW . www.disneyenchantedcalls.com Only a couple of dollars cost, but be ready to capture their expressions!!!!! That would be a great welcome to WDW and a magical experience! IMHO!!! :thumbsup2

MagicalMomAZ said:
I plan on doing the same thing when the time comes ... I haven't even booked yet.
I thought I'd pack everything & wake her & we'd go....still trying to figure out how to leave behind DS tho ... he's only 2 & he'd be tired & cranky, it's best to leave him behind with DH who's also tired & cranky. Leave before he wakes or give him kisses then leave...not sure the best course.

How old is your son that you're bringing his pal along? I was 16 before my fam did that for me but I figure when my DD hits pre-teen status we'll have to do that for hers & our sanity! ;)

Sending some keeping the secret vibes to you ... :goodvibes

DS is 5 and his friend and family are good friends of ours. So her and her family are going.

We leave in 38 days for the boys first cruise, yes disney, they have no clue!!!! cant wait for them to find out. Mom has a house in Fla and they think we are going to visit granny for a week. Granny going with us, but we are taking a detour before Ft Myers!!!! :cool1: :rotfl:

Good Luck! I tried to keep a secret trip from DH for his b-day, but I'm no good at keeping secrets. It will be an awesome surprise, though. :thumbsup2

Last year we gave the kids little clues that would keep them guessing but not give it away. We then told them on the way to the airport. Neither had ever been to WDW so they had no concept and were not as excited as I would have liked. Next year we are telling them about 6 weeks ahead, for the little ones birthday. I got a set of 12 stacking gift boxes at IKEA. I am going to find something to put in each one for her birthday and then in the biggest one make some kind of note that says we are going to Disney World.

Just did this for both boys the evening that we are springing the surprise! What a way to wrap up the event...a personal call from the Mouse!

Thank you!
Peggy

that is great. I know that it is hard but try to hold it in for as long as you can! you can do it! :thumbsup2

It is so much fun (but very hard) to spring this type of surprise on your children :goodvibes

I did this for my DD's first trip to Disneyland. My oldest was 10 and we had a friend of hers along with us, they didn't figure out where we were headed until after we got off the plane, rented the car and they finally say the Disneyland Hotel and got all excited.

It was so awsome, they happened to miss every single sign that referenced Disneyland until then. It was so great :cheer2:

Good luck in keeping your trip a secret until the last possible second.

Let us know what happens when you tell them?

We broke down and told the grandsons tonight. We figured that one month is enough time for them to plan. Also we want to have a few days to talk to the youngest grandson and prepare him for the trip without his parents. He was most excited about flying on a jet because he has no concept of what WDW really is. Now the oldest grandson was really excited because he LOVES WDW almost as much as his grandma and grandpa! We made a countdown calendar with mickey paint chips from Home Depot! :hourglass The final month has began! We can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter