• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DxDP ADRs

nimbuscat

Mouseketeer
Anyone want to critique my ADRs/offer suggestions for changes? We will have DxDP, and will be traveling with our 2-year-old daughter...non-hopper tickets.

Sat, Jan 4
Tusker House - 8:00
QS Lunch at AK
Sanaa - 5:30 (park closes at 5:00, so great timing)

Sun, Jan 5
Chef Mickey's - 7:15
Spending the day at Legoland
California Grill* - 7:00 (timed with 8pm Wishes show)

Mon, Jan 6
QS Breakfast at our resort
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic package* - 11:30
Sci-Fi Dine-In - 5:15 (Fantasmic at 7 pm)

Tues, Jan 7
Cinderella's Royal Table* - 8:05
Tony's Town Square - 1:15
Spirit of Aloha luau* - 8:00

Wed, Jan 8
Akershus - 8:05
Chefs de France - 1:00 (timed around Remy's 1:40 appearance)
San Angel Inn - 7:00

Thurs, Jan 9
Kona - 7:45
Liberty Tree Tavern - 12:30
Be Our Guest - 6:05

Fri, Jan 10
Crystal Palace - 8:05
Trail's End - 1:45
Fly home

* - not actually reserved yet, since they're not open for booking.

I think your choices look good, but I would not want to do that many sit-down meals with a 2 year-old, but that's just personal preference.

Great choices. We will be traveling with our 20 month old so obviously every kiddo.is different but my LO would never make it through that many late nights/ early starts. Just something to consider :)

Great choices. We will be traveling with our 20 month old so obviously every kiddo.is different but my LO would never make it through that many late nights/ early starts. Just something to consider :)

I should clarify...we will be coming back to the resort most days for long afternoon naps. She's also a good stroller napper on the days it isn't practical come back. So, here's hoping! She's also an extraordinarily good restaurant kid--I'm just hoping the "magic" of Disney doesn't work in reverse for us and cause her to be a holy terror! :laughing:

Looks like you are living the dream with basically all the highly sought after reservations! I'm with you, we have an almost 2 yr old and she does pretty well with sit down dinners as long as she's well rested and we don't linger toooo much. I think that coupled with all there will be to look at, the kiddo should be fine. ;)

I think these are good ADRs that minimize travel time. I also think that you have picked restaurants that everyone in your party should find enjoyable.

But, I think multiple days will be tough with a 2-year old. For example,

1. Sun Jan 5 - I don't know if after a 7 am Chef mickey and a day in Legoland that she'll be up for Cali Grill at 7 pm, which is a a very popular Signature restaurant and usually takes about 2-2.5 hours for the three courses.

2. Tue Jan 7 - Will be hard to get her to nap this day as the excitement of MK may cause 2-year olds to not want to nap :-). This is another long day with an 8 am ADR and an 8 pm long dinner show.

3. Thur Jan 9 - Same feedback as Tuesday. Plus 3 TS will be hard to do.

Having said that, if she's easy-going and goes back to the resort after lunch and is able to nap, then it should be doable. The meals will break the stimulation of the day.

I think these are good ADRs that minimize travel time. I also think that you have picked restaurants that everyone in your party should find enjoyable.

But, I think multiple days will be tough with a 2-year old. For example,

1. Sun Jan 5 - I don't know if after a 7 am Chef mickey and a day in Legoland that she'll be up for Cali Grill at 7 pm, which is a a very popular Signature restaurant and usually takes about 2-2.5 hours for the three courses.

2. Tue Jan 7 - Will be hard to get her to nap this day as the excitement of MK may cause 2-year olds to not want to nap :-). This is another long day with an 8 am ADR and an 8 pm long dinner show.

3. Thur Jan 9 - Same feedback as Tuesday. Plus 3 TS will be hard to do.

Having said that, if she's easy-going and goes back to the resort after lunch and is able to nap, then it should be doable. The meals will break the stimulation of the day.

Thanks for the feedback!
I am really starting to rethink Cali Grill. As much as I REALLY, REALLY want to go here, it may need to wait for a trip with the kid(s) are older or when Mom & Dad can have a date night.

I am thinking about doing the 5:15 Luau instead of 8:00. That makes a more reasonable bedtime with an early morning.

The 3 Epcot meals were non-negotiables for us. (Akershus for kiddo, Chefs for me, and San Angel for DH) :) I am pretty sure we will go back to the resort immediately after our Chefs lunch for a long nap. Come back in time for San Angel and IllumiNations.

While the choices all look fabulous, are you really, really sure you want to do that many TS meals? It looks good on paper, but when you're actually doing all this, you'll realize just how much time is involved! It's usually best to arrive at least a few minutes before your actual ADR time. Even with that, you may end up waiting 15-20 minutes before you get seated. Then the meals themselves are often a minimum of an hour, sometimes much, much longer than that. You'll just finish one meal, head out to a few rides, and be thinking about heading to another. Add in long nap breaks (which you have to do with a little one along!) and you're leaving little actual park time. And even if your little one is really good in restaurants, is that how you want to spend all your time?

Just a thought....

I should clarify...we will be coming back to the resort most days for long afternoon naps. She's also a good stroller napper on the days it isn't practical come back. So, here's hoping! She's also an extraordinarily good restaurant kid--I'm just hoping the "magic" of Disney doesn't work in reverse for us and cause her to be a holy terror! :laughing:

Then that sounds perfect! Our LO is a great restaurant kid as well so we have a laundry list of ADR's too! Enjoy :)

What about an earlier CG ressie? It's DH's fav restaurant so it's a must for us. While we won't get to see the fireworks, eating there is just as lovely.

I think your choices look good, but I would not want to do that many sit-down meals with a 2 year-old, but that's just personal preference.

I think your choices look good, but I would not want to do that many sit-down meals. That's just personal preference. One, nice sit-down (no buffets)dinner per day for us. And a breakfast thrown in once in a while (buffet ok for that).

Thanks for the feedback!
I am really starting to rethink Cali Grill. As much as I REALLY, REALLY want to go here, it may need to wait for a trip with the kid(s) are older or when Mom & Dad can have a date night.

I am thinking about doing the 5:15 Luau instead of 8:00. That makes a more reasonable bedtime with an early morning.

The 3 Epcot meals were non-negotiables for us. (Akershus for kiddo, Chefs for me, and San Angel for DH) :) I am pretty sure we will go back to the resort immediately after our Chefs lunch for a long nap. Come back in time for San Angel and IllumiNations.

:thumbsup2 I think without CG and with the 5:15 Luau, you'll be OK to have a bit of a longer day at Epcot. And I agree, you have to do Akershus for the kiddo. It's such a good deal on the DxDP, since you get the photo package and the princess meal 9complete with mini-parade) for 1 credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter