• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DxDDP people....How do you use your credits?

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about DxDDP for December and was thinking about using meal credits for lunch and dinner at TS restaurants and then snacks for breakfast. What do you guys do?

I plan it out so that we have a dinner when we get there. I do a character breakfast in the morning around 10:30 so that it is more like a brunch and give the kids a snack before heading out to parks. Then we have a dinner, usuallya signature. I also make it so that we have a breakfast and dinner the last day in town.

When we went a few weeks ago it went like this:

Day 1 (First full day at disney arrived the night before)
Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare
Dinner Le Cellier

Day 2
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Dinner: Jiko's

Day 3
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Yachtsman

Day 4
Breakfast: Chef Mickeys
Dinner: 50's PTC

Day 5
Breakfast: OHana
Lunch: ESPN Club
Dinner: WCC

Day 6
Breakfast: Boma
Dinner Narcoossee's

Day 7
Dinner Ohana

Sometimes I don't schedule every credit leaving one or two for the just because we're hungry and have a little while until dinner and will use those credits for a QS. I honestly can't imagine not having the DxDDP I absolutely love it!

We use them on a little bit of everything, and that was one thing I left out. Since we we were there 8 days but our dining plan would techinically cover 7, I went to the bakery in Magic Kingdom and got cinnamon rolls and fruit for breakfast the next day. My kids love the lollipops and they get one of those each. We will also use them on sodas throughout the trip when we are in the parks. I also use a few on the last day to buy bottled sodas for the last day we are in town and in the parks.

Thanks! What do you guys usually use your snack credits for?

I, too, am going to be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I am going to be doing a breakfast, lunch, and dinner most days since my daughter (2) and I will be sharing and she likes to take breaks every couple of hours. I had honestly planned to use nearly all of our snack credits on snacks to take back to our friends and family. But, of course, the princess will need some chocolate every once in a while. ;)

My meal plan looks like this:

Day 1:
Flying Fish dinner

Day 2:
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
California Grill dinner

Day 3:
Akershus breakfast
Tokyo Dining dinner

Day 4:
Maya Grill breakfast
Kona dinner

Day 5:
Brown Derby lunch
Kouzzina dinner

Day 6:
Teppan Edo lunch
Le Cellier dinner

Day 7:
Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast
Raglan Road dinner

Day 8:
Chef Mickey lunch
Narcoosee dinner

Day 9:
Yak & Yeti lunch
Jiko dinner

I leave a few credits unplanned to use for counter service between meals and to have lunch to take with us back to the airport. This trip, we'll use snacks at the Food & Wine Festival, for treats around the Magic Kingdom (I <3 the Confectionery), and to have some pastries/snacks to have in the room because we've got one night room only at AKV at the end of our stay.

Here is our DxDP plan for 4 nights in August:

Arrive 8/26:
lunch OOP (to save credits)
dinner at CA Grill (2 credits)

8/27
breakfast - snack credits on way to MK or in park
lunch - Crystal Palace
dinner - Kona Cafe

8/28
breakfast - Tusker House
lunch - CS TBD (probably Flame Tree BBQ in AK)
dinner - Citrico's (2 credits)

8/29
breakfast - Kona Cafe
lunch - TBD (CS in a park or hotel)
dinner - Chefs de France

8/30
breakfast - Chef Mickey's

We like doing snack credits for breakfast. DH doesn't really eat it unless we are doing a bigger meal, so DS4 and I will split a muffin and a fruit bowl, each is usually 1 snack credit. I will get him milk/water if needed (you will find you end up with bottles after CS meals) and use my refillable cup for tea (the coffee stinks). We had a lot of snack credits left on our last trip, so we used them at the Main Street Confectionary. This time, we are going in August, so I think we will use more snack credits for ice cream and stuff. Also, we are going on a cruise right after, so I don't necessarily want to bring a ton of candy with me.

this is what we are doing in september yes I know the 1st meal is not a "value" but it is a tradition so we are doing it we start with 90 credits and the number () is what we have left

day 1
lunch Casey's at MK (85)
dinner at Narcoossee (75)

day 2
lunch Sci Fi (70)
dinner (late) Italy or Garden Grill (have GG now thinking maybe changing) (65)

day 3
Lunch LTT (60)
dinner late 'Ohana (55)

day 4
breakfast In room (45)
dinner Yak and Yeti (40)

day 5
breakfast Cape May (35)
dinner before Halloweeen Party 1900 PF (30)

day 6
breakfast Norway (25)
dinner Canada (20)

day 7
lunch Castle (10)
dinner Beaches Cream (5)

we plan to use the last 5 credits on the 2 days we have a long time between breakfast and dinner splitting lunches

for snack credits
my middle child wants to do something like this she is an obsessive planner like me but she has said she will likely change her mind many times before we get there
1. Mickey Bar
2. Dipped Marshmallow from Goofys
3. Dipped Pretzel from Goofys
4. Choc Chip cookie
5. Fudge
6. Rice Krispie with dipped ears
7 -12 shop at Goofys for stuff to take home

last year she had a mickey Bar and everything else was stuff to take home we were full alot and it was hot and she wanted to bring home stuff to stretch out the vacation she is an adult on dining 5the 1st time this year so my guess is all but the Mickey bar will be taken home again

We did Dxdp last sept and will again this sept. On days when we are having a later or more substantial lunch, we eat a breakfast- there's a few we love like Kona. Otherwise, we use some of our snack credits towards breakfast items and let the kids sleep in and eat them in the kitchen at the Villa. then we do a TS or CS lunch, and we do a lot of Signature dining dinners. remaining snacks are for popsicles, bottled water (I know, been told it's a waste!), etc in the afternoons.

Here's our schedule:

9/13 arrive AM
lunch LTT
dinner WCC

9/14
bfast Kona
lunch CS at MK (Cosmic rays)
dinner: chefs de france

9/15
lunch mama melrose
dinner flying fish (signature)

9/16
lunch tutto italia
dinner Cali grill (signature)

9/17
b fast chef mickeys
lunch QS at DTD
dinner Ohana

9/18
b fast The Wave
lunch QS at water park or snack
dinner Coral Reef

9/19
b fast Kona
Lunch Le Cellier
dinner: narcoosees (signature)

9/20
lunch The Plaza

I think we actually are using 1 extra credit in there but likely one of our CS meals will turn into a snack instead, so we are happy with it.

We're planning on eating a sit down lunch and then a signature dinner every day. One day we're subbing out lunch for b'fast so we can go to Seaworld with a full stomach. The snack credits will be for treats.

We do the same with TS lunch, signature dinner and light breakfast using snack credits or breakfast bars brought from home. This worked great for us last year... didn't spend anything OOP! We went during FD so I paid to upgrade us to deluxe and found it a real buy... even with the increase in tips! :thumbsup2

We do the DXDP (last Sept will do this Sept) because we LOVE Disney Dining! We do half of our days with 2 TS meals (enjoying a signature meal or dinner show), and the other half with 3 TS meals. When we were younger, and didn't bring any kids with us, we were able to do the parks and meals commando style, but DD6 really loves her character meals and the air conditioned breaks it gives us. We eat 3 meals a day at home (unless we gorge ourselves at a buffet), so we plan on following the same plan at WDW....except, of course, with better food and characters!

this will be our first time doing dxddp! We will be a party of 19, w/ 18 credits each. I am worried about the two days we have 3 meals scheduled, but we will see. All the bfasts are before park opening except the gg bfast. We will snack or grab CS for those lunches w/ nothing scheduled.

L-Coral Reef
D-Garden Grill

B-Boma
L-Sci-Fi
D-Chefs de France

B-CRT
L-
D-Ohana

B-Tusker House
L-
D-Wcc

B-Akershus
L-Tutto Italia
D-Kona Cafe

B-Chef Mickeys
L-
D-Pizza Planet

B-Grand Gathering bfast at Tonys
L-LTT

this will be our first time doing dxddp! We will be a party of 19, w/ 18 credits each. I am worried about the two days we have 3 meals scheduled, but we will see. All the bfasts are before park opening except the gg bfast. We will snack or grab CS for those lunches w/ nothing scheduled.

L-Coral Reef
D-Garden Grill

B-Boma
L-Sci-Fi
D-Chefs de France

B-CRT
L-
D-Ohana

B-Tusker House
L-
D-Wcc

B-Akershus
L-Tutto Italia
D-Kona Cafe

B-Chef Mickeys
L-
D-Pizza Planet

B-Grand Gathering bfast at Tonys
L-LTT

Wow, 19!! Now that's what I call a GRAND gathering! :rotfl:
Have a wonderful time pixiedust:

Since 2 TS signature meals are not the best "value" on the dining plan (you use twice as many credits but the meals do not cost twice as much if paying OOP) we don't do many of those. This trip we'll have one, all others 1 TS meals or maybe one CS.

The ADR plan for our September trip:

Day 1 Arrival:
Lunch: Biergarten
Dinner: Tutto Italia

Day 2:
Lunch: Sci-Fi
Dinner: Jiko

Day 3:
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner: Beaches n Cream (if we can get it, if not an EPCOT CS probably)

Day 4:
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: The Plaza
Dinner: Columbia Harbor House (DW loves them so we have to fit it in somewhere! :) )

Snacks we'll use all over the place, but we'll save a few to grab some treats from Goofy's Candy Co in DTD and take them home with us to enjoy there. :)

I, too, am going to be on the Deluxe Dining Plan. I am going to be doing a breakfast, lunch, and dinner most days since my daughter (2) and I will be sharing and she likes to take breaks every couple of hours. I had honestly planned to use nearly all of our snack credits on snacks to take back to our friends and family. But, of course, the princess will need some chocolate every once in a while. ;)

Are you sure your talking about your 2yo and not mine? LOL:rotfl2: That's almost precisely my plan. My DD could even say chocolate at just over a year old.

We're doing the DxDDP for one night & it's saving me almost $90. I'm using our credits on HDDR & 'Ohana, plus we still get our 2 snack credits (breakfast smoothies from one of the parks & make-your-own treat from Goofy's) and 1 refillable mug. That wasn't the original plan, but our 1st day in the cabin was the last day of the summer AP rate, so I had to split our week-long room ressie. My real motivation for adding DxDDP was being able to do the 7:30 pm HDDR show instead of the 9:30 pm (only show discounted with my TIW card), but the savings ended up being a huge bonus too.

DH & I also plan to do a 2 night weekend getaway during 2009 F&W Festival. I'd really like to use our snacks at the fest & check out Narcoossee's for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter