DXDDP and late night room service, likely a question no one can answer.

jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
Our flight doesn't arrive until 8:20 and we are trying to come up with some dinner plan ideas for that night which is proving a little difficult with most restaurants closing at 10 pm (we may head to DS but could be too tired for that). Had the idea of ordering room service but there is a late night menu after 10. I don't see appetizers or dessert on the late night menu...I wondered if we are just out of luck on that (it is what it is) or if anyone has happened to order late night using dxddp and been able to receive the starter or dessert? I know - it is a super obscure question!

Not sure which hotel you're staying at, Contemporary has dessert. I haven't been in that situation but if it were me, if my Resort was near Downtown Disney I'd go there or look into ordering pizza or something off site. Also, I believe it counts as 2 credits so on the deluxe that's quite a bit!

Not sure which hotel you're staying at, Contemporary has dessert. I haven't been in that situation but if it were me, if my Resort was near Downtown Disney I'd go there or look into ordering pizza or something off site. Also, I believe it counts as 2 credits so on the deluxe that's quite a bit!

Thanks for replying! We are staying at Beach Club so not very near DS. I don't think we would get to DS before 11 pm anyway and we want to hit the ground running the next day. We would share just one 2 credit meal with room service - we have plenty of credits to spare. :)

I would not expect to get starter/appetizers, especially if the menu specifies a time period when they are offered- kind of like using a TS credit at breakfast- you don't get an appetizer because its not on the menu.

I would not expect to get starter/appetizers, especially if the menu specifies a time period when they are offered- kind of like using a TS credit at breakfast- you don't get an appetizer because its not on the menu.

It doesn't specify. It switches to a different menu with only one category of food which isn't called "entrees" and has items I would consider appetizers included (like wings). Since the category is completely unspecified, I thought the question was valid especially for guests with actual experience with the situation.

Thanks for answering.

It doesn't specify. It switches to a different menu with only one category of food which isn't called "entrees" and has items I would consider appetizers included (like wings). Since the category is completely unspecified, I thought the question was valid especially for guests with actual experience with the situation.

Thanks for answering.

Eek, I'm guessing the wings would count as an entree if it's listed there! At BOG the soup is listed under dessert because you can make that swap on the dining plan so that would be my assumption. You can probably call and ask them directly or at least upon arrival (never know who will answer what when you call unfortunately).

I'm not sure where you're staying, but we were in CSR earlier this month and considered room service for a meal on a day that the weather was pretty yucky, but room service was not included on the dining plan. I'm not sure if that is consistent across all resorts or not.

If it's not on the menu, it's not going to happen. They're not going to classify an entree as an appetizer just because it sounds like it should be one to you. I'd call Flippers or your pizzeria of choice. You can also just go to the QS. It's still a waste of credits but if you want to burn them, you certainly can.

I'm not sure where you're staying, but we were in CSR earlier this month and considered room service for a meal on a day that the weather was pretty yucky, but room service was not included on the dining plan. I'm not sure if that is consistent across all resorts or not.
It's not included at CSR but it is at BC & the other deluxe resorts.

I think Coronado Springs is the exception to the rule as all the restaurants are third-party run. At all other value and moderate you can get pizza delivery and a deluxe you can get room service on the dining plan.

First night once at the BWI, the kids and I were so tired so we ordered room service for dinner in. Yes, it's 2 TS credits, but it includes tip. We were on the free dining plan, and had credits to spare so ordered for the 3 of us. We were on the regular, not deluxe, plan, so no appetizers.

The service was amazing. Kids loved it, eating in their pj's (they always love room service), and having yummy desserts. My entree, some sort of steak, was just "okay" but hey it was late, I was tired, and we had free dining (along with a room discount).

For what the bill would have been, it was an excellent use of our dining plan! I can totally see arriving at 8:20pm, then retrieving your luggage (no way I'd let Magical Express transport it, as it may next morning you'd see it!). You may want to just order room service and relax! I'd order what you want - not sure what BC has on their menu, but allears.net has menus.

Not sure how late you can grab something from the grab & go. Is there much CS at the BC? That would be cheaper (dining plan or not).

I would either pay OOP or use one credit and some snacks to put together a meal from the Market Place. You can get your mugs and not need a drink. They have a few decent sandwiches and some good snacks. I wouldn't want to wait around for room service that late at night, and I think your choices are nearly as limited.

Our flight doesn't arrive until 8:20 and we are trying to come up with some dinner plan ideas for that night which is proving a little difficult with most restaurants closing at 10 pm (we may head to DS but could be too tired for that). Had the idea of ordering room service but there is a late night menu after 10. I don't see appetizers or dessert on the late night menu...I wondered if we are just out of luck on that (it is what it is) or if anyone has happened to order late night using dxddp and been able to receive the starter or dessert? I know - it is a super obscure question!
where are you coming from and how long is the flight? I'd probably just grab something to eat on the plane. I can't be eating at 11pm, it ruins my sleep completely. if you want to hit the ground running I'd rather eat a meh sandwich earlier than a room service meal at that time of night. JMHO

Wow, this thread blew up! Thanks for the responses and help (well, no thanks to the way off-base insult, lol). We have a couple other options we are considering. We may rent a car and just head to Disney Springs first, Or, if we stick with DME, we are leaning toward ESPN (unless we do get to BC in time for the room service dinner menu). It is open late and will be serviceable, I guess. Never eaten there before. Hopefully, my intuition will kick in about the correct course of action! In any case, room service that night is likely out of the running - at least, using credits it is.

where are you coming from and how long is the flight? I'd probably just grab something to eat on the plane. I can't be eating at 11pm, it ruins my sleep completely. if you want to hit the ground running I'd rather eat a meh sandwich earlier than a room service meal at that time of night. JMHO

We are coming from the Mountain time zone and will be leaving at 3:30. We will be hungry even eating a later lunch at the airport. We are night owls anyway and have the time advantage...at least until the next morning! :)

Last edited:
ESPN has good food. I expect you would enjoy it if that is an option for you. Better than just serviceable IMO

ESPN has good food. I expect you would enjoy it if that is an option for you. Better than just serviceable IMO

Glad to hear it since it seems the most logical answer - they had me at pulled pork nachos!

it looks like beaches and cream has some nights that they are opened till 11 and the boardwalk pizza window looks like it is open till midnight?

it looks like beaches and cream has some nights that they are opened till 11 and the boardwalk pizza window looks like it is open till midnight?

We may try to walk up to beaches & cream - I won't book it because I can't predict the timing - but, since that is very iffy these days, I wanted some back up options. :)

My son and I booked beaches and cream on the bus back from the MK to the BC one night for about an hour later. You may try to book once you are on DME and know if you will make it or not.

I think you will have time to get to ESPN or Big River Grill, I think they are open late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter