DVCers we need your help with thoughts on dinner shows

We've gone to Hoop Dee Doo every other year for the past twelve years. Our boys, now 14 and 9 have both loved it from day one.

The luau is like a Hawaiian themed "High school musical", and the food was not particularly good. I'd pass on it.

I have been to all three and love and adore Hoop de Doo. I have been in all the seating and while I spring for Cat 1 seating for really special events, even balcony isn't bad. The performers come upstairs a few times during the show.

We've done the luau, and Hoop De Doo years ago. We've been hearing the luau and the food have gone down in quality quite a bit, as well as most all on property food. The Hoop De Do was great fun, that would be my first choice. I'd caution about transport there, and back. When we did it, 10 years ago, the buses were all screwed up, and it took us 3 hours to get back to the room. As such, we've never done it again. But will again, but will hire a taxi. That's unless we hear the current wave of so so food hits there too.

I've been reading this thread and I've decided to book Hoop De Doo for my next trip! I'm excited to try something new at Disney! Thanks everyone for all the input, I can't wait to see the show!

My wife, son (4) and myself need your thoughts on these 3 dinner shows......we are almost at the 6 month window to make our reservations...

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

Mickey's backyard BBQ

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Please any help would be great

We did HDDR with a then almost 3 and almost 5 year old and they loved it.

The spirit of aloha show is boring for me so I can't imagine taking our now 3 year old. Seating is also awkward and service not great at that show.

Haven't done the BBQ.

Hoop Dee Doo is a very good dinner show that we have gone to several times. Spirit of Aloha is just not as good as it once was. It is under a sort of shelter house and the stage is open air. I have not been to the BBQ put being out doors is subject to the weather. The few reviews I have read on it were mixed...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter