DVC Webcast Info?

cbnsoul

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the Behind the Grand Design webcast today? Any info on incentives for the resorts or looming price increases?

We are to watch it tomorrow. I would imagine if they were running great prices you would have heard about it already. We did the VGF model tour at SSR and the prices were not too bad but it always makes sense to wait a year and VGF should be in resales.

I watched it this morning. They are not offering anything for VGF. Just AKV and Aulani starting at 160 points.

I just remember the AKV..for 160, it was a $500 gift card plus $1920 credit--$12/pt discount-- and four 5 day park hopper tickets or 2 premium Disneyland tickets.

The only promotions mentioned in the webcast involve Animal Kingdom Villas and Aulani. For purchases of 160 - 319 points at either resort, the member receives a $500 Disney gift card and either four WDW 5-Day Parkhoppers or two Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Passports. In addition, if you buy 160 points you'll receive a $1,920 credit toward the purchase. I assume the credit, which is the equivalent of $12 a point, increases if you buy more than 160 points.

For purchases of 320 points or more at AKV or Aulani, members will get the same Park tickets and credit as above, but the amount of the Disney Gift Card increases from $500 to $1,000.

These special webcast incentives are available until September 7, 2013.

When I saw the September 7th deadline for these incentives it made me wonder if September 7th will be the next time they try to increase the prices. I read somewhere, no clue where, probably a bus driver or boat captain that DVC had planned 3 price increases this year.

Nicely done. I was going to do the same...

If you are interested in VGF just wait a year and get it though resales... My first resales contract for BLT was bought in March 2010. Direct sales started in earnest in 2009 (i think pre-sales started in 2008)...

What made me unhappy (even though i don't plan to buy VGF) was, you could buy a contract as low as 25pts.

:moped:-------I'll pass...

If you are interested in VGF just wait a year and get it though resales...

Unless the 2014 economy is in full meltdown--as it was in 2008/2009 shortly after BLT went on sale--I wouldn't count on any fire sale resale pricing for VGF.

It's a small resort. Contracts will not hit resale en masse. And DVC is likely to keep raising its own price periodically over the next year.

Assuming DVC is selling VGF in the $160s a year from now, I don't know why sellers would feel compelled to accept anything much lower than the $145-150 at which they originally purchased.

Unless the 2014 economy is in full meltdown--as it was in 2008/2009 shortly after BLT went on sale--I wouldn't count on any fire sale resale pricing for VGF.

It's a small resort. Contracts will not hit resale en masse. And DVC is likely to keep raising its own price periodically over the next year.

Assuming DVC is selling VGF in the $160s a year from now, I don't know why sellers would feel compelled to accept anything much lower than the $145-150 at which they originally purchased.

If it's like the VGC, price may actually hold up or increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter