DVC Villa Rental for Dec 08, when to book?

MarkGrands

Earning My Ears
We are going in July 08 and staying offsite for the first time at a Windsor Hills vacation home. We also want to go the second or third week in December to see the decorations and want to stay at either VWL, BCV or BWV's in a 1 or 2 BR depending on if our teenage son goes with the rest of us. My question is would I have to check on renting at the 11 month window or would there still be rooms available at these resorts at the 7 month window in your opinion while we are waiting on his decision and school schedule. Thanks in advance for any information.

Mark

But I can say that the VWL is usually booked by the 7 month window at Christmas season. We are DVC members and sold our previous contract to by at the VWL, because that is where we wanted to stay most and could not get in at the 7 month window by not owning there.

Book at the 11 month window! I went in 2006...the first week in December. I booked SSR at 11 months with hopes of switching it to any of those resorts (VWL, BWV or BCV) I was on the waitlist for any of those three. And NOTHING came through. :confused3 I was VERY upset, but ended up liking SSR. Although I am sure I would have LOVED being at one of those other three better!

This year, we are going Thanksgiving week. I booked at the 11 month window, just to be sure we got what we wanted...AKV.

We are going in July 08 and staying offsite for the first time at a Windsor Hills vacation home. We also want to go the second or third week in December to see the decorations and want to stay at either VWL, BCV or BWV's in a 1 or 2 BR depending on if our teenage son goes with the rest of us. My question is would I have to check on renting at the 11 month window or would there still be rooms available at these resorts at the 7 month window in your opinion while we are waiting on his decision and school schedule. Thanks in advance for any information.

Mark

The time you want to go is very popular with DVC members and gets booked up quickly. If you think you want to rent a reservation from a DVC member at that time, you need to be talking to a DVC member right now. If you wait until later in the spring, you may be out of luck totally or severely limited in your choice of resort.

My question is would I have to check on renting at the 11 month window or would there still be rooms available at these resorts at the 7 month window in your opinion while we are waiting on his decision and school schedule.

If you haven't already, please be sure and educate yourself on how a DVC reservation is very different from a regular hotel reservation, and the basics of “renting points”, as it is often referred to.

See: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1669863

Then, you should read the "sticky" posts at the top of the DVC Rent/Trade board which explain how to post on the Rent/Trade board.

You need to be talking to a member right now, as in TODAY. DVC Member Services phone lines have been inundated because members are booking December 08. It's one of the most popular times for DVCers to visit, and the resorts you're looking at are smaller resorts, which book up very quickly. Your chances of getting a reservation at one of those resorts at 7 months out are pretty slim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter