• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Tour of Riviera?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Just wondering. I'm going to WDW in a few months, and planning to go over to Riviera for lunch and a look around, in case we ever want to stay there. As DVC owners, is there a place at Riviera where I might be able to go to get a tour? I have no idea where to look around. If not, maybe I could go to the front desk and at least get a map of the resort?

In the lobby on the back right (to the right of the steps that go downstairs) there is a DVC desk. They are doing continuously running open houses at most resorts right now. So as long as normal business hours they should be there or will be there quickly if they are showing a room.

If you are staying on Disney property use the room phone and hit the DVC button and they will schedule a RIV tour. I was told it’s the only one requiring a reservation to get past the guard gate. All others you can just say to the gate attendant that you are there to tour DVC rooms. We made a whole day of seeing all the properties and grand villas.

If you are staying on Disney property use the room phone and hit the DVC button and they will schedule a RIV tour. I was told it’s the only one requiring a reservation to get past the guard gate. All others you can just say to the gate attendant that you are there to tour DVC rooms. We made a whole day of seeing all the properties and grand villas.
Nice - which was your favorite(s) for GV?

We just got back from stay at OKW. We visited several of the “room tours” and really enjoyed them. Just a word of caution if driving, they will tell you that you only need to schedule at Riv, go ahead and schedule all resorts And telling them you will be driving to resort. BLT and BWV both had issues, At BLT we had to call DVC and have them put us on list for a visit and then we went back 10 min later and they let us in. At BWV, they ended up letting us in to take tour after we told them we do own points there.

Just to be clear we did enjoy all the tours and none of the issues were that big of a deal to us, but they do not have a clear policy on driving/parking at resort and taking tour. We also visited AKV and CCV And neither had issue without reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter