DVC tour incentives/gift cards if book tour before trip?

girlsmom

Mouseketeer
We will have a window of availability on our first day to do a dvc on an upcoming trip. I’m worried that there won’t be any availability for a tour doing the window that we are free if I wait until we get there to go up to there to go to the dvc booth to book a tour. BUT I also don’t want to lose out on any gift card incentive offer by booking a tour over the phone before we arrive. Has anyone booked a DVC Tour by phone before you actually arrive at WDW?

Is the amount on the gift card offer it as a DVC tour dependent on which resort you’re staying in when you take the tour? What about if you are renting DVC points when you take the tour ? ( we will be renting dvc to stay at BWV and hoping to get more info about dvc but wondering if we should wait to take a dvc tour another visit when staying at a different resort if it would result in better incentive/gift card)

When we purchased our incentive was a dish of ice cream and we were staying off-site and had gone directly to the Sales Center without even making a reservation. :)

For us, our kidlet approached a DVC guide in tomorrow land about pin trading. Long story short we ended up with a tour. That was earlier this month. They offered $150 gift card and 3 anytime FP per person in our group.
We haven't signed on the dotted line yet, but I think it's imminent. Never thought pin trading would be this expensive. :earseek::rotfl:

The ultimate irony was that someone on the boards before we went commented on the DVC in park guides pushing the sale. I had responded that in our 5 previous trips and countless interactions with the reps about pins, they had never tried to "sell" us.
It wasn't exactly a hard sell. He asked us if we wanted to know anything......and we bit.

We got an offer in the mail for a $50 GC and some FPs if we booked a tour on our upcoming trip, so we were able to book in advance (actually about 6 months in advance!), but we were specifically targeted for that since they sent us the mailer. You can definitely try to call and ask! From my experience the DVC center is pretty keen on getting people in for the tours. They even gave my mom the additional FPs even though she didn't come on the tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter